Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    so how about my second part of the question ? remove Trump AND Pence and you'll get Paul Ryan (being Speaker of HoR) or Orrin Hatch (President pro tempore of Senate)
    Unless President Pence installs his own new Vice President, they are next in line.
    Orrin Hatch would be a decent president. Dude's an old-school Conservative who's been around long enough to know how shit works.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Orrin Hatch would be a decent president. Dude's an old-school Conservative who's been around long enough to know how shit works.
    just for curiousity: is the Speaker of the House able to pass the torch immediately and keep his office ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    How's your Trump Derangement Syndrome coming along?
    I love how the Trumpkins have gotten even better at deflection than they were during the Bush years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

just for curiousity: is the Speaker of the House able to pass the torch immediately and keep his office ?
    There's no explicit mechanism for doing so, but it's also a situation that's never come up. It's a question that will probably never be answered until it happens.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    There's no explicit mechanism for doing so, but it's also a situation that's never come up. It's a question that will probably never be answered until it happens.
    ok, usually it is solved by nominating a new VP instead of ticking off the "line of succession" members.
    who is likely the new vice president if Pence reaches Oval Office ? the candidate needs approval from House and Senate

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Poking fun at Trump years or decades ago is a whole other ballgame from your mouth foaming. You are unhinged.

How To Know You're In a Mass Hysteria Bubble | Scott Adams' Blog
    The guy that's in a MAGA bubble lecturing others about being in a bubble? Hahahah

ok, usually it is solved by nominating a new VP instead of ticking off the "line of succession" members.
    who is likely the new vice president if Pence reaches Oval Office ? the candidate needs approval from House and Senate
    Way too early to tell, frankly. It could be anyone at this point.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Way too early to tell, frankly. It could be anyone at this point.
    well, i was thinking about amendment 25 section 4, which requires Pence's approval. he and cabinet should better have some names listed before they try to backstab the boss.

i found this gem about Ronald Reagan and Howard Baker in preparation of invocation of said "baah, the president is total silly" clause: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...ged_incapacity

perhaps the current cabinet will remember those times....
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-10-13 at 10:11 PM.

well, i was thinking about amendment 25 section 4, which requires Pence's approval. he and cabinet should better have some names listed before they try to backstab the boss.

i found this gem about Ronald Reagan and Howard Baker in preparation of invocation of said "baah, the president is total silly" clause: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty...ged_incapacity

perhaps the current cabinet will remember those times....
    I mean, sure, Pence very well may have some names in mind in case that happens. There's just no way of knowing who those names might be in the current political climate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I love Trump, so much winning in this thread

Looking forward to his second term, and then Ivanka as the first female POTUS. The dynasty has begun.
    I'm not sure what's more amusing. Your complete fact-free adherence to Trump being a shoe in for a second term or your really bizarre notion that Ivanka will ever be president.

What's even more odd to me is that someone who spend more time on his knees for Trump and his policies in this thread is supportive of Ivanka -- who by all accounts is a New York liberal who (allegedly) works to stop Trump from implementing his conservative policies.

You really don't have any moral core for your beliefs other than "whatever pisses off the left the most" do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tax cuts before country!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So republicans are more interested in getting rid of the estate tax (which will surely return in 2020 even if they accomplish it) than preventing WW3.

Nice priorities.
    Yep, gotta make sure the rich people can be a little bit richer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You'll be waiting until early-mid 2019. Legitimately nobody but kooks ever thought it was going to happen in 2017, or even most of 2018. But you knew this. Because we've had this discussion.

Mueller isn't going to get Trump for Collusion (he'll get his subordinates for that). He'll get him for Obstruction of Justice.

We're taking your President from you.
    I think people forget Watergate took 2 years. And they see Mueller wasn't in the news for 3 days straight and think "oh must be a nothingburger!!!"
    Putin khuliyo

Honestly, I'll gladly take President Pence if it means getting Trump out. Because, yes, Pence would do a lot of things I hate, but I tend to believe he'll do a lot less outright damage to the entire goddamn world. Just because we've got a whole mess of idiots here doesn't mean we should drag other countries into our problems.

I wouldn't hold my breath on those tax cuts.

Also, Trump keeps signing EOs that palm work off onto Congress, like they don't have enough on their plate already. They have to resolve DACA, Obamacare subsidies and probably the Iran deal by the look of it. And I think another debt ceiling soon? Through their current level of utter dysfunction.

And their chances of getting anything through that requires more than 50 votes is essentially nil. Kind of seems like 8 years of partisan obstructionism really bites the ass hard, huh?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-10-14 at 10:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's pretty obvious he is doing an outstanding job - that has nothing to do with my imagination.

I find it funny that you would suggest that given that this entire thread is predicated on an "imaginary friend" that Robert Reich does not name. Oh well.
    Care to point out where he is winning? Outside of just being a baby what has he accomplished?

Destroying healthcare isn't a accomplishment if you don't have a replacement that is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Honestly, I'll gladly take President Pence if it means getting Trump out. Because, yes, Pence would do a lot of things I hate, but I tend to believe he'll do a lot less outright damage to the entire goddamn world. Just because we've got a whole mess of idiots here doesn't mean we should drag other countries into our problems.
    Yep, I'm sure he can accomplish some legislative agenda. But it'll all be undone when the resentment comes to a head in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yep, I'm sure he can accomplish some legislative agenda. But it'll all be undone when the resentment comes to a head in 2020.
    Any removal of Trump as president will result in chaos for the remaining term for the GOP. Pence has no real authority or a following.

The number of leaks regarding who knew what in regards to Trump and the way he acted will be tremendous and the people backstabbing each other for the little bit of power during the vacuum will be game of thrones proportions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the whole group is unfit to be politicans. Time to flush them out! Trump is fine.

He could decline to take the Oath of Office. Then he would remain Speaker of the House and the opportunity would pass to Sen Hatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Pence would be vastly more capable at navigating the channels of government, and potentially more dangerous as a result in terms of implementing bad policy.

However, he's also nowhere near as unhinged and randomly explosive, so you're far less likely to get a nuclear war from him.
    As an atheist, seeing a hardcore theocrat and actual god botherer in office qualifies as unhinged.

Trump is batshit crazy. No argument.
    Pence is fundie crazy.
    Both are dangerous. Neither is good for the country.
    If you worry about Dolan can get up to change his depends at 3:30AM, has a bowel movement and formed it into a Tweet, then send planes out to Make People Glow, I picture someone who believes, truly believes, he is right and a god is on their side, can push the same button. With that level of hubris is anything out of the question?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Try mid September here. Christmas 365 is on the way.
    Nah, it'll be Christmas from Start of September, then they'll start the Memorial Day/4th of July bullshit because 'murica, and carry it on with the obligatory ejaculating thanks and praise onto 20something veterans in wheelchairs outside Walmart until the start of September.

Easter may/may not get a large part depending on if the Fundiegelicals win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty obvious he is doing an outstanding job - that has nothing to do with my imagination.

I find it funny that you would suggest that given that this entire thread is predicated on an "imaginary friend" that Robert Reich does not name. Oh well.
    And how is it obvious?

The wall?

The multiple attempts at a travel ban?

The multiple attempts at healthcare reform?

The decision to destroy American integrity by pulling out of the Iran Deal?

The decision to make America a laughingstock by pulling out of the Paris Accords?

Appointing a Verizon lobbyist to head the FCC, a man so corrupt he literally used bots to swamp the FCC's comment sections with anti-Net Neutrality comments?

Appointing a man who hates the EPA, to the EPA, who is right now dismantling regulations put in place to protect our environment and our water?

Appointing a man to the Department of Energy who has no credentials in any sort of scientific degree except "animal husbandry," a man who grew famous for forgetting that the Department of Energy exists AND that he wanted to remove it if he were ever elected POTUS?

Is it the upcoming "tax reform" that once again cuts services to the poor so the rich can be a bit richer?

Which part is the "winning?" Or is it all about "librul tears" to you?
    Putin khuliyo