Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost T21 4 piece changed?

Anyone notice on MMO-Champions main page that with the stat changes to some of the classes T21 pieces that when you hover over the Frost 4piece, that it no longer has frostbolt on the tooltip? It only shows Ice Lance getting the 25% dmg bonus. Did I miss when they said they removed FB from the tier or is that just a typo on blizzards part?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, FB was removed about 2 weeks ago, at the same time that they nerfed the % from 75 to 25.
    It was in a small section without any fanfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Yes, FB was removed about 2 weeks ago, at the same time that they nerfed the % from 75 to 25.
    It was in a small section without any fanfare.
    Ok thanks! I obviously missed that part. Gotta admit I'm a bit bummed by this since I raid with the GS build I was looking forward to my FB getting that buff. Oh well...

Overall - Mastery increased, Critical Strike reduced, Haste slightly reduced.
    Not good news for frost
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Not good news for frost
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item-set=1326/runebound-regalia

Take Hands, Chest, Shoulders and Legs. Only Shoulders with Mastery, not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Not good news for frost
    The Frostbolt change was because they know Glacial Spike is aids to play on the current Antorus fights and 25% extra damage for the Frostbolt could have pushed GS builds over TV.

Reduced crit is also a good change as Frost has a crit cap - the higher the ilevel, the easier it is to get to crit cap. I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.

Mastery, while mostly useless for TV, is still a DPS increase via Icicles. Haste reduction does hurt, but we already have really high haste levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    . I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.
    Show me your gear pls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Show me your gear pls
    20% versatility seems a bit overestimated don't you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    Definately possible with high enough gear or if you run Arcanocrystal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Definately possible with high enough gear or if you run Arcanocrystal.
    only with luck on the old setbonus items. They pull you down quite a bit otherwise. With arcanocrystal he would have a bit more haste.

The Frostbolt change was because they know Glacial Spike is aids to play on the current Antorus fights and 25% extra damage for the Frostbolt could have pushed GS builds over TV.

Reduced crit is also a good change as Frost has a crit cap - the higher the ilevel, the easier it is to get to crit cap. I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.

Mastery, while mostly useless for TV, is still a DPS increase via Icicles. Haste reduction does hurt, but we already have really high haste levels.
    People said the same thing about the GS build in heroic or higher in ToS yet I always beat an equally geared TV mage running GS. I see how the fights are in Antorus but I have no plans on not playing GS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    People said the same thing about the GS build in heroic or higher in ToS yet I always beat an equally geared TV mage running GS.
    Oh I love DPS races. Ok TV Build is more rng, once had a godlike pull on heroic goroth and pulled 1.85M DPS in 933Gear. Okay I got lucky in the fight in a lot of ways. Duration of 2:45, roughly the perfect time for Double BL and owl and IV CD. Procs from heaven too. This are the moments I deal with rng for.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Oh I love DPS races. Ok TV Build is more rng, once had a godlike pull on heroic goroth and pulled 1.85M DPS in 933Gear. Okay I got lucky in the fight in a lot of ways. Duration of 2:45, roughly the perfect time for Double BL and owl and IV CD. Procs from heaven too. This are the moments I deal with rng for.
    Getting pretty tired of tv myself. Even with the class ring on single target I feel like I never get procs.

Off topic, TV is fun when you mix it in with fire. Use frost on Goroth, sisters, maiden, but if I had to do it for every fight, I would not be having as much fun, lol. Dual spec is where it's at for variety in gameplay, and also overall dps totals as well.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-10-25 at 01:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Off topic, TV is fun when you mix it in with fire. Use frost on Goroth, sisters, maiden, but if I had to do it for every fight, I would not be having as much fun, lol. Duel spec is where it's at for variety in gameplay, and also overall dps totals as well.
    You mean like - specs for duels? :gasps
    Burn it. BURN IT!

You don't have 20% vers. Show us your armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    I have almost the crit cap (32,97%), 25% haste, 38% mastery and 10% versa with 924 ilvl equipped. 20% versatility with 935-940 ilvl equipped doesn't seem weird.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-10-25 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    I have almost the crit cap (32,97%), 25% haste, 38% mastery and 10% versa with 924 ilvl equipped. 20% versatility with 935-940 ilvl equipped doesn't seem weird.
    Uhh, 10% vers is a LOT of stat weight. I'm at 938 ilvl with your stats (except tons of mastery that I'm trying to shed) and I only have 10% vers. A whole 10% more than what I have with only 2 ilvls is not really feasible.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Uhh, 10% vers is a LOT of stat weight. I'm at 938 ilvl with your stats (except tons of mastery that I'm trying to shed) and I only have 10% vers. A whole 10% more than what I have with only 2 ilvls is not really feasible.
    When I don't use owl I have 7% more than you with one extra ilvl so, idk. Dunno why this is a fucking argument anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    When I don't use owl I have 7% more than you with one extra ilvl so, idk. Dunno why this is a fucking argument anyway.
    But thats the Point, sure if I only use Legendary for stats and trinkets too, sure these number are possible. With the right choice of gear (Bracers + ring legendary, owl trinket and old 2 set bonus) these numbers are way off and nobody like show-offs without a thing to back it up.