1. #1

    Frost T21 4 piece changed?

    Anyone notice on MMO-Champions main page that with the stat changes to some of the classes T21 pieces that when you hover over the Frost 4piece, that it no longer has frostbolt on the tooltip? It only shows Ice Lance getting the 25% dmg bonus. Did I miss when they said they removed FB from the tier or is that just a typo on blizzards part?

  2. #2
    High Overlord Ambereldus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The frozen north
    Posts
    124
    Yes, FB was removed about 2 weeks ago, at the same time that they nerfed the % from 75 to 25.
    It was in a small section without any fanfare.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadow Priests have been retuned to be almost as good as Warlocks in every way. Almost.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Yes, FB was removed about 2 weeks ago, at the same time that they nerfed the % from 75 to 25.
    It was in a small section without any fanfare.
    Ok thanks! I obviously missed that part. Gotta admit I'm a bit bummed by this since I raid with the GS build I was looking forward to my FB getting that buff. Oh well...

  4. #4
    Overall - Mastery increased, Critical Strike reduced, Haste slightly reduced.
    Not good news for frost
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Not good news for frost
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item-set=1326/runebound-regalia

    Take Hands, Chest, Shoulders and Legs. Only Shoulders with Mastery, not a big deal.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Not good news for frost
    The Frostbolt change was because they know Glacial Spike is aids to play on the current Antorus fights and 25% extra damage for the Frostbolt could have pushed GS builds over TV.

    Reduced crit is also a good change as Frost has a crit cap - the higher the ilevel, the easier it is to get to crit cap. I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.

    Mastery, while mostly useless for TV, is still a DPS increase via Icicles. Haste reduction does hurt, but we already have really high haste levels.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    . I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.
    Show me your gear pls

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Show me your gear pls
    20% versatility seems a bit overestimated don't you think ?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    20% versatility seems a bit overestimated don't you think ?
    Definately possible with high enough gear or if you run Arcanocrystal.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Definately possible with high enough gear or if you run Arcanocrystal.
    only with luck on the old setbonus items. They pull you down quite a bit otherwise. With arcanocrystal he would have a bit more haste.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    The Frostbolt change was because they know Glacial Spike is aids to play on the current Antorus fights and 25% extra damage for the Frostbolt could have pushed GS builds over TV.

    Reduced crit is also a good change as Frost has a crit cap - the higher the ilevel, the easier it is to get to crit cap. I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.

    Mastery, while mostly useless for TV, is still a DPS increase via Icicles. Haste reduction does hurt, but we already have really high haste levels.
    People said the same thing about the GS build in heroic or higher in ToS yet I always beat an equally geared TV mage running GS. I see how the fights are in Antorus but I have no plans on not playing GS.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    People said the same thing about the GS build in heroic or higher in ToS yet I always beat an equally geared TV mage running GS.
    Oh I love DPS races. Ok TV Build is more rng, once had a godlike pull on heroic goroth and pulled 1.85M DPS in 933Gear. Okay I got lucky in the fight in a lot of ways. Duration of 2:45, roughly the perfect time for Double BL and owl and IV CD. Procs from heaven too. This are the moments I deal with rng for.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Oh I love DPS races. Ok TV Build is more rng, once had a godlike pull on heroic goroth and pulled 1.85M DPS in 933Gear. Okay I got lucky in the fight in a lot of ways. Duration of 2:45, roughly the perfect time for Double BL and owl and IV CD. Procs from heaven too. This are the moments I deal with rng for.
    Getting pretty tired of tv myself. Even with the class ring on single target I feel like I never get procs.

  14. #14
    Off topic, TV is fun when you mix it in with fire. Use frost on Goroth, sisters, maiden, but if I had to do it for every fight, I would not be having as much fun, lol. Duel spec is where it's at for variety in gameplay, and also overall dps totals as well.

  15. #15
    The Patient Synthium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Osijek, Croatia
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Off topic, TV is fun when you mix it in with fire. Use frost on Goroth, sisters, maiden, but if I had to do it for every fight, I would not be having as much fun, lol. Duel spec is where it's at for variety in gameplay, and also overall dps totals as well.
    You mean like - specs for duels? :gasps

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    The Frostbolt change was because they know Glacial Spike is aids to play on the current Antorus fights and 25% extra damage for the Frostbolt could have pushed GS builds over TV.

    Reduced crit is also a good change as Frost has a crit cap - the higher the ilevel, the easier it is to get to crit cap. I am sitting at crit cap, 25% haste and nearly 20% vers already and I still have mastery I dont want.

    Mastery, while mostly useless for TV, is still a DPS increase via Icicles. Haste reduction does hurt, but we already have really high haste levels.
    You don't have 20% vers. Show us your armory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •