Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Maiden harder or easier than Mistress?

My guild is currently bashing our heads against (M) Mistress (180+ wipes and counting at this point), and I'm curious what people's experience was coming off that fight and starting to progress on Maiden. Was it even harder than Mistress, or relatively easier?

Deleted
    If you can get the soaking done perfectly, than it's way easier

The thing is, one person can instantly wipe the whole raid so personal mistakes are way more punishing than on mistress

Deleted
    at maiden u will have a lot of trys that will like wipe after 30 or 40 seconds

you need to see the first intermission once, at this point you saw everything in the encounter, after that its basically only save play and do the mechanics.

maiden got so many nerfs, that it is all about playing the mechanics, have at least 4-5 melees which makes it very easy to soak inner/mid lane of the orbs (outer can be done by the tanks).

get a good weakaura for the assignment where some people have to soak and you are fine.

It's easier, but you have to do a perfect pull to kill it because 90% of the time one error will wipe the group.

For me the hardest part is to remember where I need to go with Fel/Holy because it's reversed from what we used to do for heroic.

Much much easier, its much more of a sprint then mistress is as well so you don't have this drawn out series of mechanics.

Deleted
    Mistress was way harder than maiden at the start. The tuning was rough. But this boss got easier and easier (multiple nerfs + gear), where maiden is kinda at the same difficulty she was at the beginning. It's a pure mechanic fight where gears do not help as much as the other fights.

So in like a month with even more gear (and maybe nerf to misstress?), i can see M maiden being harder for the guilds that get to her than M misstress. Typically those guilds around the 2000-3000 marks are not "that" good mechanically and rely on outgearing bosses to kill them. It will not be possible in this case.

And to add to that, i shall say that my 9/9M guild wipes way more when reclearing Maiden than for Mistress.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 person can and will instantly wipe your raid. But most of your wipes will be within a minute, so the counter will go by MUCH faster than on mistress

What I'm hearing is that if you can soak stuff properly then it's easier. So... given that it took us more than a month of work on H KJ to get a kill because of soak fails (we finally had to cut down to 16 before we got a kill), I should probably stock up on some valium and just plan on a couple hundred wipes before we get a kill? Lol.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll probably need that Vallium for "farming", not the first kill. During progress, mistakes are expected and some bombs can be funny... for a while. She's not terribly demanding, no real dps check, back row soaking involves looking at aura and standing still, new mechanic can be dealt by simply moving left/right as a group. All fairly easy, shouldn't take very long.

But then you go back there, thinking you had it all under control and people start making stupid mistakes one after another. She's the kind of boss who can make you really hate other raiders and groan in frustration.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-10-12 at 08:01 PM.

Easier, but you wipe if even one person fucks up those easy mechanics.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Maiden is infinitely easier than Mistress but is definitely more punishing. One mistake can lead to a raid-wipe.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Mistress is a joke now with all the nerfs and crucible, you don't even need to touch fish anymore and you barely need anybody to soak hydra shot.

Maiden still requires flawless execution, and even when everybody knows the fight it's still super easy to wipe.

maiden is hilariously easy compared to mistress

the only thing which would make her hard (dps check) was non existant from the first day

It's easier on the raid, but more punishing on mistakes. For a good number of mechanics, messing up on Mistress kills one person (wave, touching tornadoes) or a few people (Hydra Shot, sharks). Messing up on Maiden instantly wipes the raid, no ifs no buts. Well maybe you can handle one missed orb during ph2 now, but nothing more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maiden is easier, one fuckup will be instant wipe, but on the other hand it's much less complex than Mistress.

Maiden is by far easier, its a super easy, but most mistakes will insta wipe you, so if there is a lot of hand holding it can easily take more pulls, but again most will be in p1

Mistress is a long fight with several abilities overlapping. It sure is a really difficult encounter. If someone messes up, you aren't punished that hard.

Maiden is really easy fight with the same exact pattern. Problem is that one mistake can make your group wipe (the main reason being triggering Unstable Soul which cause a chain reaction).
    In term of difficulty, Maiden is easier. Make sure your raiders are aware of your surrounding at all time during the fight...It just takes a single wrong step for a wipe.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by kape View Post
    you'll probably need that vallium for "farming", not the first kill. During progress, mistakes are expected and some bombs can be funny... For a while. She's not terribly demanding, no real dps check, back row soaking involves looking at aura and standing still, new mechanic can be dealt by simply moving left/right as a group. All fairly easy, shouldn't take very long.

But then you go back there, thinking you had it all under control and people start making stupid mistakes one after another. She's the kind of boss who can make you really hate other raiders and groan in frustration.
    sooooooooooooooo much this!

On Mistress, you have to watch out for multiple mechanics at the same time.

On Maiden, it's 1 mechanic at a time, max 2. When she teleports away, you just have to pick orbs that are the same color as you.

Overall my guild spent less time on Maiden than on Mistress. Wipe count was huge though thanks to split-second raid wipes. It's hilarious when the only ones left alive after bombs go off are the tanks and a ret paladin. Yesterday I was chasing the tank with light debuff to kill ourselves and wipe faster, but he kept running away from me

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Maiden is easier to heal and got no dps check, but u can wipe really easy on Maiden, couse just one dude can make u wipe