Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Overall my guild spent less time on Maiden than on Mistress. Wipe count was huge though thanks to split-second raid wipes. It's hilarious when the only ones left alive after bombs go off are the tanks and a ret paladin. Yesterday I was chasing the tank with light debuff to kill ourselves and wipe faster, but he kept running away from me
    And then ret survives long enough to cancel out Holy Priest cloak, so instead of instant res, you have to run the corridor again.

Which also begs the question, why aren't those balls of death disabled after you kill her?

Maiden is a fight that's either going to be absurdly hard or absurdly easy depending on how retarded your raid is. Maiden isn't a hard fight - but if half your raid has shit awareness it will be a hard fight.

I found maiden easier than mistress but we wiped on maiden more than mistress.

If my guild stops extending lockout my internet will randomly go out right before maiden. Maiden is the only time I've ever got angry during progression since Vanilla wow.
    Last edited by asil; 2017-10-13 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I found maiden easier than mistress but we wiped on maiden more than mistress.
    I actually love Maiden wipes, it's like BOOOM everyone dead... wtf just happened lulz? Not like mistress where you wipe frikkin' 6 minutes in and then take half a minute to just do that.

Deleted
    Mistress is hard to kill but easy to re-kill.
    Maiden is easier to kill but you still end up with dumb wipes even on re-kills since a single mistake is a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I actually love Maiden wipes, it's like BOOOM everyone dead... wtf just happened lulz? Not like mistress where you wipe frikkin' 6 minutes in and then take half a minute to just do that.

Ha, I had the same reaction. After 150 wipes to being whittled down by stupid fishes and tornadoes, it's kind of entertaining to have the entire raid explode and go flying when everyone was at full HP a second prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    Maiden is easier to heal and got no dps check, but u can wipe really easy on Maiden, couse just one dude can make u wipe
    Mechanically Maiden is easier in the sense that the mechanics are fairly simple but they are also extremely unforgiving and the margin for error is none. You will soon learn who is making the mistakes. Where in Mistress you can have a few people fucking up and not soaking and you will not be effected.

Maiden is a piss easy fight imo it's really not that difficult, just getting 20 people to not trigger bombs on each other is the most difficult part and it's a damn Normal mechanic.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

The thing thats nice about Maiden is if someones having an off night and playing terribly you just drop them and go on with less bodies. Maiden is easily 16 mannable as a progression kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    The thing thats nice about Maiden is if someones having an off night and playing terribly you just drop them and go on with less bodies. Maiden is easily 16 mannable as a progression kill.
    Yeah agreed, dps check is nearly non existent it's all about execution, it's basically an easier Star Augur with no dps check.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Yeah agreed, dps check is nearly non existent it's all about execution, it's basically an easier Star Augur with no dps check.
    It's also Star Augur where you get the Grand Conjuction every ~9 seconds - and there's zero other mechanics. Someone didn't get the memo that the Augur had more than one thing happening and it was all of them together that made a pretty impressive boss. Taking only the most punishing ability and multiplying it... not the way to go.

Also, dropping down to 16 people will means 3 shields, which means more chances for fuckups. The longer the fight goes, the bigger chance that otherwise good player will make a minor mistake. Either way, it's both fairly easy and highly annoying. Not a fun combination.

Do you have 2-3 raiders that you like, pray are never the target of important mechanics because they just cannot think for themselves or react to situations on the fly? Bench them for maiden or the majority of your pulls will be 20-40 second wipes.