MSNBC’s Mika thinks Kelly is preparing 25th Amendment challenge

I'm certainly no Trump supporter, but this seems about as likely as holding a new election if Russia was ever found to actually hack the election. In other words this is just wishful thinking currently.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/hes...ent-challenge/

“That’s Cabinet-level, right?” Brzezinski said. “I don’t think Kelly’s leaving — I think he’s getting his troops in place to act.”
    “This is not normal, this is crazy that we’re talking about putting the right people in place to contain the man sitting in the Oval Office right now,” Geist said. “I would just add, the 25th Amendment — still a lot of people tweet about it, shout about the 25th Amendment — remains a long shot. It’s the clause that would have to be invoked by the vice president and the Cabinet. That’s a long way to go to ask the vice president and the president’s own Cabinet to remove the president of the United States.”
    I guess if maybe they forced Trump to get a psychological evaluation, but no way he'd do it willingly. Maybe if he decided to do a first strike with Nuclear weapons on NK? Then Kelly might step in? I just don't see a plausible scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm certainly no Trump supporter, but this seems about as likely as holding a new election if Russia was ever found to actually hack the election. In other words this is just wishful thinking currently.

I guess if maybe they forced Trump to get a psychological evaluation, but no way he'd do it willingly. Maybe if he decided to do a first strike with Nuclear weapons on NK? Then Kelly might step in? I just don't see a plausible scenario.
    How is her explaining that it is a long shot, means that she thinks he is preparing for anything? Your quote of her explaining why calls for the 25th are unlikely to be fruitful, means the opposite of what you claim.

From your quote:

That’s a long way to go to ask the vice president and the president’s own Cabinet to remove the president of the United States.
    Felya's Law: Same as Godwin's, but liberal instead of Hitler.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel,_Escher,_Bach
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for. - Edith Piaf
    Per GennGreymane: pragmatism trigger warning

I don't think it will be invoked unless we're looking at possible nuclear disaster. But Kelly at least putting the pieces in place and working to organize an emergency plan seems plausible.
    FC: 3067-6604-6289. Steel Safari - Skarmory - Klefki - Ferrorseed

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

I think for the 25th to be invoked he'd have to actually cause a large-scale disaster that can be faulted directly to him. Hell, there's a fair amount of reason to believe that Reagan had Alzheimer's while he was President, and had the Iran-Contra affair happen on his watch, and still didn't have the 25th invoked against him. The bar on that one is insanely high, and that's not by accident either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I don't think it will be invoked unless we're looking at possible nuclear disaster. But Kelly at least putting the pieces in place and working to organize an emergency plan seems plausible.
    He isn't and the article states Mika doesn't think it is plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How is her explaining that it is a long shot, means that she thinks he is preparing for anything? Your quote of her explaining why calls for the 25th are unlikely to be fruitful, means the opposite of what you claim.

From your quote:
    I included them both to give better context of the article. I also said it was extremely unlikely. I was just thinking on what sort circumstances would call for the 25 Amendment Section 4 to be applied since it's never been invoked.

You'd be a fool if you dont think that Kelly doesnt have a plan but I dont think he is actually considering invoking the 25th.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is maneuvering the pieces around to make it possible in case of an impending fuckup ala Sum of All Fears scenario.

But invoking it when all Trump is doing is farting and clutching his fists to his chest in a tantrum over NFL players is mooncheese tier of fantasy.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

My understanding (rather limited) 25th has to be initiated by the vice president and supported by the majority of the cabinet and then ratified by congress

Doesn't seem very likely, by all accounts Mattis is miserable and may be on his way out. Very much doubt anyone in that cabinet has the balls anyway.

It's possible it might come to that if Trump ever really decided to push the nuke button, that would essentially be a lunatic moment with an entirely unpredictable outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    But invoking it when all Trump is doing is farting and clutching his fists to his chest in a tantrum over NFL players is mooncheese tier of fantasy.
    But if you can tear your eyes away from that C-grade reality TV spectacle, he's also openly threatening a newly nuclear North Korea, which is responding in kind.

And in recent news, publicly admonished the Secretary of State for trying to find a diplomatic solution.

I mean, I know we usually don't listen to a word he says, but if those were the actions of any other President then we'd be starting at the realistic prospect of an impeding nuclear war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

From your quote:
    You quoted Geist, not Brzezinski.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    You quoted Geist, not Brzezinski.
    Doh, my bad. It still doesn't change what the conversation resulted in. Even if she thinks so, that's not the outcome of their conversation.