Poll: Have you ever been in a live studio audience?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you ever been in a live studio audience? (recording for tv)

Have you ever been in a live studio audience?
    Yep Jay Leno

He had Ron Howard on, I forgot who else and Green day performed live it was awesome.

If so what was your experience, what shows have you scene, and if you could get tickets to see any show which ones would you want to see or maybe plan on in the future?

It was great, I didn't know before the show started they had hype men before the show, not sure if they give away free stuff or anything but the tickets were free, the standing in line so long before the show kind of sucked, but hey it was free and I was young.

I I can't think of any shows I want to see live, I am never going to the east coast I don't think but if I did maybe I would go see Stephen Colbert, but if I do plan on a show, I think I like to see a TV show taping or maybe Conan or Kimmel
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Saw some shitty TV show. Don't even remember what it was but it had the guy who played the Pharaoh on Night at the Museum in it..

I would have wanted to see That 70s Show. Donna is hot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yep Jay Leno

He had Ron Howard on, I forgot who else and Green day performed live it was awesome.

If so what was your experience, what shows have you scene, and if you could get tickets to see any show which ones would you want to see or maybe plan on in the future?

It was great, I didn't know before the show started they had hype men before the show, not sure if they give away free stuff or anything but the tickets were free, the standing in line so long before the show kind of sucked, but hey it was free and I was young.

I I can't think of any shows I want to see live, I am never going to the east coast I don't think but if I did maybe I would go see Stephen Colbert, but if I do plan on a show, I think I like to see a TV show taping or maybe Conan or Kimmel
    No, but I got to perform on TV once. It was a local channel, but it was good enough for me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauguy View Post
    Saw some shitty TV show. Don't even remember what it was but it had the guy who played the Pharaoh on Night at the Museum in it..

I would have wanted to see That 70s Show. Donna is hot
    Hahaha can't blame you, I think one thing that also shocked me is there is an Applause sign, hahaha if you went to see a that 70's show taping would you applaud if the sign lit up or would you refuse if you didn't feel like it and supporting a lie hehe j/k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    No, but I got to perform on TV once. It was a local channel, but it was good enough for me.
    In a band, scale of 1 to 10 how nervous were you?

Deleted
    Yeah, have been to many TV shows. Mainly because it's a free night out, but also working in the TV industry, it's a great way to take a snoop at other companies' setups!
    Note that I'm in the UK.

I've been to see Graham Norton the most - That's a fun show to go and see
    Have been to lots of comedy panel shows such as 8 out of 10 cats, Mock the Week and QI - but they tend not to be as funny as watching it on TV. A lot of jokes never make the cut because they're not that great.

The worst was Gladiators... It was a looooong afternoon, and my hands were sore from having to clap so much, and the downtime between events took ages.

I don't really like hype men/women - I just don't really think they are necessary, but that's just my opinion. This is one of the reasons I like going to chat shows more, if the host is a comedian, as they tend to be the guys that come out first and speak to the audience for a bit before the show starts.

One thing I REALLY want to see if 'Who's Line Is It Anyway'

5+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha can't blame you, I think one thing that also shocked me is there is an Applause sign, hahaha if you went to see a that 70's show taping would you applaud if the sign lit up or would you refuse if you didn't feel like it and supporting a lie hehe j/k
    I remember I was with friends so we pretty much said that when ever we had to laugh or whatever we would laugh like super loud and annoying. Not sure if they used the laugh but I'm sure the actors weren't happy..

and I mean like loud

I was in an audience at the Bozo show when I was a kid. Was so long ago I barely remember it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice blog you're having here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep Jay Leno

I always wanted to be. But my social anxiety would probably stop me from going in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauguy View Post
    I remember I was with friends so we pretty much said that when ever we had to laugh or whatever we would laugh like super loud and annoying. Not sure if they used the laugh but I'm sure the actors weren't happy..

and I mean like loud
    That's hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I was in an audience at the Bozo show when I was a kid. Was so long ago I barely remember it.
    Now I kind of wish I asked about anybody who had been on a TV show like a game show, haha especially as a kid, I think Double Dare would have been fun, I never been on anything.

Was a paid audience member for America’s Got Talent once, many years ago. Got the job through a staffing agency before they found me something more permanent. The majority of the audience was paid to be there. Thought it would be fun but it was pretty awful. Lots of downtime but everyone had to stay seated. Set bathroom and snack breaks. Lots of audience reaction takes. Was very eye opening to see how much of a joke all of those “reality” shows are, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a band, scale of 1 to 10 how nervous were you?
    It was in a band, and i'd say around a 7. It was nerve racking, but not like getting married nervous. It was a pretty cool experience though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Nice blog you're having here.
    It's not a blog, it's asking about experiences in a studio audiences and what ones people would like to be on.

Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me.

No laugh signs or anything, the guy is really funny. I think he might've died, I'm not sure.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I always wanted to be. But my social anxiety would probably stop me from going in.
    Sorry to hear that, I am an introvert myself, so I don't do these kinds of things often at all, however it's not large crowds where I can blend in or not interact personally it's typically the other kind of stuff, like talking and getting personal with random people even if it's like saying high or shaking hands or whatever, I avoid that like the plague.

But once in its alright.

I have been to see The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver both really fun to see. I was also on an old show on Nickelodeon called Legends of the Hidden Temple, we didn't get to do the temple run but made it to the final round before that lol. I also got to see a live taping of the show the following year.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a blog, it's asking about experiences in a studio audiences and what ones people would like to be on.
    You keep starting posts describing your life experience and your thoughts daily, that's called blog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You keep starting posts describing your life experience and your thoughts daily, that's called blog.
    Well I start threads and contribute what I am asking of others, that isn't a blog that is courtesy when directing a topic or discussion, nobody is pointing a gun to your head to click on them either.

No, but I was in a Colgate advert when I was a kid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear that, I am an introvert myself, so I don't do these kinds of things often at all, however it's not large crowds where I can blend in or not interact personally it's typically the other kind of stuff, like talking and getting personal with random people even if it's like saying high or shaking hands or whatever, I avoid that like the plague.

But once in its alright.
    I can go to concerts and stuff fine for some reason. But like going to a mall, movie theatre or even the grocery store when it's busy just terrifies me. I think it's just large amounts of people in a smaller space it what does it to me.