Question Graphic updates?

Will we ever see a major graphic update of the game, or would that be too big of a job? Even though character models and new content have a very fresh look, it all feel very... cartoonish... I'd love something more realistic looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhinco View Post
    Will we ever see a major graphic update of the game, or would that be too big of a job? Even though character models and new content have a very fresh look, it all feel very... cartoonish... I'd love something more realistic looking!
    They're not gonna change their art-style and they're right in that, it's fairly timeless.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

If you want realistic graphics, WoW is not for you. WoW will always be cartoonish.

After 12 years of this game, I will never understand how people don't like the art style. I honestly can't think of a single game that started in one art style and somewhere down the road changed it. WoW's art styling is timeless, it looks 10x more beautiful than I can ever remember it from the vanilla days. Argus is a great example, they seemed to have actually designed screenshot areas that are just breathtaking.

Art style =/= graphics. In case you didn't notice, warcraft is greatly based on comics and thus cartoonish is quite fitting. I'm afraid you're gonna wait for a log while

May I propose checking Warhammer out? You might find it more to your liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you want isn't a graphical update, it's an artstyle change? Yeah, that's not happening. They'd have to redo literally every art asset in the entire game.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of realistic looking MMO's out there? Why change the one that isn't?

7+ Year Old Account
    the universe of warcraft has never been realistic.
    so no, it will never look realistic, it will always have a cartoony style
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The graphics get an update every expansion. Better lighting, shaders, water, animations, objects, more polygons, etc...
    The art style won't change too much. Sometimes we get new stuff that looks a bit different, but nothing more.
    And to be honest, I like WoW's style, as well as Overwatch's. A lot of "realistic" games don't age very well and it can be annoying when every pixel is covered in overused unnecessary stuff like lens flares, motion bloom, absurdly intense lighting effects and what not.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2017-10-12 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cartoonish looks are part of Warcraft's charm.

And no, I don't really want to see realistic graphics.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The last thing I would ever want from WoW is realistic graphics. It would destroy they whole feel and look of the game.

Changing wow into a realistic artstyle would be like apple changing their logo into a kite. The style is a selling point in it self and has loads of brand recognition.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wnat wow to use 4 cores. If they ever manages to fix that, high settings could probably become the new low and most pcs wouldn't even notice.

Why would they change the artstyle of WoW to something more realistic?

WoW is supposed to have that cartoon look. If you want realistic looks there are plenty of other games out there for it.

Cartoonish is the whole point. This is like saying Street Fighter should be "updated" to look like Injustice. It's two completely different art styles...and it should stay that way.

hope they gonna take advantage of our GPU more..

The only game I can remember that really strove for realistic graphics, and was actually part of the original selling points, was Age of Conan and it has NOT aged well. Realistic graphics now will look like shit in a few years. Not a good thing to have in an MMO if you intend for it to live a long time.

Where have you been we just had a graphics update last xpac

Deleted
    if you want something "realistic" you are in the wrong game!
    wow = cartonish and that will never change.
    so get over or get out