Possible non-account bound rewards fix for 8.0

Now this my sound a little farfetched, but Blizzard has surprised us before with Pokemon and what not added in previous expansions. Alts are a huge part of this game but not every player has the time, energy, or will power to level and master a class other than their main. Some, such as my self, have played a single class for years and achieved numerous rewards and achievements that are solely locked on that character. However, I must admit it would be refreshing to play a different class without losing limited time on my main. Blizzard just recently spoke about the frustrations of having high rewards being locked to one toon so I know they're already aware of this.

So picture this and have an open mind. What if one of the new features for 8.0 included a "Class Affinity" feature which would let your character learn ANY ONE spec from another class that you'd be able to switch in out out from as if it were another spec. This choice would be permanent and your choices would be limited depending on what class/race you play for lore reasons. This would make the choice more meaningful. Here are some examples.

Paladin: Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warrior, Druid,

Demon Hunter: Rouge, Warlock, Mage,

Warrior: Paladin, Priest, Hunter, Monk, Shaman

Shaman: Druid, Mage, Hunter, Priest

You get the picture. So if you've played a warrior your entire WoW career and are interested in healing but don't have the time or effort to level a new Toon, or lose out on all your hard earned rewards, then you might wanna roll a Holy Priest as your Affinity. Or maybe you've always been a Paladin and want to try your chances as a range spec and decide to roll an Arcane Affinity. Now I'm sure this could use a lot more polishing or limitations so I wanna hear what you guys think of the possibility of this.
    Last edited by Varx; 2017-10-12 at 07:36 PM.

That's like putting in half a feature. The whole point of something like that would be to let people be ANYTHING else, not force them into a selection they might not want.

Anyways that's not a good idea. The point of alts is not GOTTA CATCH EM ALL. It's if you have free time after you're done with real life and shit on your main, then you make one. Otherwise you don't have an alt and you have a more fulfilling life instead. Which is better than an alt. And no you can't just have everything, that's not how it works lol.

Seems like a gimmicky solution to the repeated falsehood of more accessibility to a given role fixing shortages.
    A solution looking for a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, rather not. Sounds more like a patchwork solution created to try and cover for shortages of certain roles.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Would prefer if they just adopted FFXIV's class system where you can level every class on one character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a cool idea, probably not for WoW tho lol.

There are so many ways to boost to 100-110 now that make the lvling experience so much less tedious/heartwrenching/soul crushing/ boring/ horrible (i didnt like old school leveling if you can tell lol). It pref that they saved the sacredness of making a 'new character' rather than jampacking everything into one.