Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    -Professions, make vanilla to MoP recipes much easier if the main purpose is usually just transmog anyway, right now there's still a lot of daily cooldowns on old stuff that could be removed in most cases.
    -Auction houses, no longer slowed down by hundreds of 1-stack posts.
    -Realms , too many small realms that get CRZ'ed into, yet have different economy/raid enviroment/guild structure due to those features being realm-side only.
    -Guilds, improve the guild finder tool, make in-game recruitment possible in some interface where people can post their schedule/progress/needs and people can directly apply, or maybe apply with a written text.
    -Add skin color to the Barber shop, make appearance change just for Gender change.
    -Homogenize loot from top to bottom with a logical item level for legacy content and tune leveling/scaling mobs/quest accordingly.
    -Leveling 1-60 could use another rework if they will use those zones or our capitals again.
    -Mythic 0 could be put on dungeon finder
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-13 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    When that increase is followed by a gear increase that makes any older content completely void, yes

when that insane scaling, titanforging, % trait increases, end up making mythic bosses lasting 2min. u know something is not right.
    Mythic bosses from trivial, past content?

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    this would be the most annoying thing in the world LOL
    ROFL! I mean...what if you're minding your business at the bank, and that random trash mob you killed yesterday decides to take revenge after it respawns?

I can't remember if it was Champions online, or DCO, or City of Heroes that did it, but you'd randomly get a nemesis enemy who would spawn during regular fights. He'd keep showing up and be like your arch-enemy as you leveled. Getting stronger like you.

They should rework friends lists so that it always requires a confirmation to add a friend, and it adds their battle.net tag. And on the same note they should axe the report player feature entirely and just give us an unlimited ignore list that ignores players across all of battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Pet AI is still stuck in vanilla.
    It's actually gone backward in Legion. I've played hunters and warlocks since vanilla, and know I'm not alone in seeing frequency and seriousness of errors in pet behavior like never before. Something went genuinely wrong there this time. Both hunters and warlocks should have Eyes of the Beast-type abilities, and warlocks should have an equivalent to Glyph of Fetch.

More broadly, another vote here in favor of professions that are useful at every level. They should start by changing the items that were endgame gear when introduced by no longer are, bringing down materials costs substantially. Maybe there could be crafted gear that are like mini-heirlooms, scaling their stats across a span of 10 levels, with mini-epics that scale across all of a single expansion - things you can plausibly make at 60, or 70, or 80, or 85, or 90, or 100, that grow with you until the start of the next expansion's levels/the current level cap. I'd also like to see a mini-disenchant, where you can destroy a piece of gear you've received to get a few pieces of cloth/leather/ore that you use in making items at that level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    The game engine... it's so badly optimised for today's computers.
    This first and foremost, it's kind of ridiculous to see below 30 FPS in some areas just because of engine caused CPU bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Aution House, Guild and Achievements UIs.
    Beat me to it.

2 things that came to my mind immediately was guild finder and auction house.

Guild finder is a useless tool and people have to resort to everything from spamming trade to looking up a guild on forums / external websites. Heck, it doesn't even prune guilds that were added there 3 expansions ago and are no longer active. It needs complete rework so guilds can actually find people and people can find guilds instead of being a complete mess.

Auction house is a mess as well, a handful of trolls can lag it into oblivion by posting 10k stacks of 1 leather / herb, it's next to unusable without addons, it should allow you to specify how many you want to buy and automatically split / combine stacks from the sellers (if anyone remembers diablo 3 AH it worked like that), buy orders similar to GW2 would help as well to better define "price floors" for products (how low you have to go so it definitely sells) and demand for items that might not be outright available. Atm it's "post and pray". Crafting something expensive in hope it sells is different than seeing someone already eager to buy it for x price so you know this item is worth making or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    EDIT
    Oh yeah, and remove TF completely, or put limits on it ...... last week had a 945 bracers on my lock from the 880 token. Such high ilevel gear should not come from catch-up mechanics and be better than mythic+/mythic raid gear ! Just look at it: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...athor/cataline
    If they did that we've have the WoD situation again, with people complaining that there's nothing to do that gives worthwhile rewards. Would you do most world quests or non keystone dungeons at this point in the xpac if there wasn't a chance for it to tforge to a useful level for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This first and foremost, it's kind of ridiculous to see below 30 FPS in some areas just because of engine caused CPU bottleneck.
    Is there a way to move the game to a new not-20-year-old engine while keeping all the animations, physics, and other things we do like?

10+ Year Old Account
    also something almost no one talks about, the stats pannel

half of the stuff there is bugged

either fix or remove it from the code

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Auction house is a mess as well, a handful of trolls can lag it into oblivion by posting 10k stacks of 1 leather / herb, it's next to unusable without addons, it should allow you to specify how many you want to buy and automatically split / combine stacks from the sellers (if anyone remembers diablo 3 AH it worked like that), buy orders similar to GW2 would help as well to better define "price floors" for products (how low you have to go so it definitely sells) and demand for items that might not be outright available. Atm it's "post and pray". Crafting something expensive in hope it sells is different than seeing someone already eager to buy it for x price so you know this item is worth making or not.
    yes for an auction house improvement, no to buy orders, players doesn't realize that it would be near impossible to become wealthy, being wealthy is a possibility that must exist in a game like that
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-10-14 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Professions and UI for sure.

Professions are a mess, unrewarding, and uninteresting.

For UI I would propose they make a default UI and then include a bunch of optional elements, make the entire screen UI so you can drag and drop what you want and need wherever you want and add skin elements to your taste. Also include a couple of extra fonts to sub in for that difficult-to-read font they use for quests, etc.

Clean it up a little but ultimately make it completely customizable without doing an entire UI replacement or relying on add-on writers to continue to support their work. I love them but this would be so much more convenient if it was just bundled up in one place and let players choose what they like and need. A 100% modular and flexible UI would probably do more for the game than people think.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    players doesn't realize that it would be near impossible to become wealthy,
    How does a buy order prevent people to become wealthy? There is no "you're forced to meet a buy order", if a buy order is too cheap you can just post as the sell order and let it hang there, as it is in GW2. Also goblins - mass crafters could utilize buy orders to their advantage to get mats. Instead of this incessant trade chat spam "COD me all your herbs / leather / chaos crystals" etc. they could just use AH for that.

I'm pretty sure as much as goblins are exploiting "mistakes" by sniping people they could also use buy orders to lure some people to sell them stuff cheap or they can resell it higher (or craft / shuffle what they bought into something of higher worth).

Also once I had a rare transmog item for sale I put on the AH for high price, I got a few in-game mails offering me "their" price for it, but the transaction never got finalized, if they had an option to put a buy order, I could gouge the interest in the item and sell it "to the highest bidder", atm there is very little you can do in this department people don't "bid" on items, unless the "bid" price is left at stupidly low amount by oversight so they can attempt to snipe that.

Personally I don't think it would have the impact you claim it would. And I don't know what you count as "wealthy", I pay my sub with gold and few other luxury expenses like some mounts, and all that without sitting all day on the AH and trying to price gouge to the point of extortion. But if wealthy for you is only these people who boast on youtube how they make a million or ten every month, well they're a complete minority (possibly even less than mythic raiders), so anything that impacts them, impacts completely negligible portion of the community. So we're talking about improving the experience of many and decreasing it for a few. Exactly the same reasoning people use defending game features that benefit "casuals" at the expense of "hardcores".

10+ Year Old Account
    How does a buy order prevent people to become wealthy? There is no "you're forced to meet a buy order", if a buy order is too cheap you can just post as the sell order and let it hang there, as it is in GW2. Also goblins - mass crafters could utilize buy orders to their advantage to get mats. Instead of this incessant trade chat spam "COD me all your herbs / leather / chaos crystals" etc. they could just use AH for that.

I'm pretty sure as much as goblins are exploiting "mistakes" by sniping people they could also use buy orders to lure some people to sell them stuff cheap or they can resell it higher (or craft / shuffle what they bought into something of higher worth).

Also once I had a rare transmog item for sale I put on the AH for high price, I got a few in-game mails offering me "their" price for it, but the transaction never got finalized, if they had an option to put a buy order, I could gouge the interest in the item and sell it "to the highest bidder", atm there is very little you can do in this department people don't "bid" on items, unless the "bid" price is left at stupidly low amount by oversight so they can attempt to snipe that.

Personally I don't think it would have the impact you claim it would. And I don't know what you count as "wealthy", I pay my sub with gold and few other luxury expenses like some mounts, and all that without sitting all day on the AH and trying to price gouge to the point of extortion. But if wealthy for you is only these people who boast on youtube how they make a million or ten every month, well they're a complete minority (possibly even less than mythic raiders), so anything that impacts them, impacts completely negligible portion of the community. So we're talking about improving the experience of many and decreasing it for a few. Exactly the same reasoning people use defending game features that benefit "casuals" at the expense of "hardcores".
    for me wealthy is getting at least a token worth of gold per day. that's the kind of wealth you need to get everything in the game, now tcg mounts are worth close to goldcap each, just imagine the frustration of new player not able to become wealthy with the ah like they can today.

the real money maker is flipping, that's what makes you really wealthy, I know about it. to have a lot of gold from buy orders you basically have to do the opposite of sniping, completing a buy order that has a price too high (either because the buyer have no idea of the price, or because he made a mistake, later happens rarely), but for that you need the item in your bag, that you bought the cheapest possible. you can't have all items in your bags.

buy orders gives the power to non goblins as opposed to now where goblins can have the power to control. there's no debate, the player choses the prices with buy orders, he has the power, but also he doesn't get gold, as well as goblins, the gold go directly from the buyer to the pocket of other player who possess the item. rip goblins

the fact that it's a minority is irrelevant. that minority existing can inspire others to do the same, just like some famous persons in real life are a minority inspiring the mass of normal people to have better lives, that's how it should work, we should have the possibility to complete the game if we want to.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-10-14 at 03:30 PM.

the fact that it's a minority is irrelevant. that minority existing can inspire others to do the same, just like some famous persons in real life are a minority inspiring the mass of normal people to have better lives, that's how it should work, we should have the possibility to complete the game if we want to.
    So you're basically vouching for something that benefits you at the expense of majority of the players, keep crap systems in game so TSM moguls have more power over plebs who are led into crap default ui and left to exploit by snipers, market resetters and whatnot. It's the same as saying raid bosses should be tuned around Method players because they can inspire the masses to "git gut" in raiding. It doesn't happen. It's a bad idea overall.

Improving the life of the masses instead of trying to make them "step up" is more important in the big picture. Both mythic raiding and playing the AH are also inseparably tied to using addons, which is a problem for a new / casual player for whom learning TSM or Weak Auras is a barrier. Making something more accessible can nudge few people to get 1 step out of their comfort zone, but putting a huge wall to climb in front of them just discourages them.

Improving default UI so players don't get into huge disadvantage for using default UI over addons is something Blizzard should really look into, they worked on stuff like raid frames or nameplates, which is a good initiative, for example before we got current raid frames most healers had to use addons like grid / vuhdoo / healbot to even be able to heal efficiently.

TCG loot cards are limited by nature, no matter how much gold can average person make, the TCG loot is gonna only go up and up in price because the supply is less than demand. So saying you should be able to get rich so you can buy TCG mounts, you're basically saying getting rich should be so convoluted that only a handful of people will ever be able to reach it. This is supporting the current situation that rich get richer while poor get poorer. I get it, you like when poor confused casuals pay 20$ to get a handful of gold because they don't know any better. Doesn't mean it's inherently fair or good design to "give power to the goblins", it just means you support a world where goblins can exploit others because it benefits you, instead of healthier economy where power is more spread around instead of concentrated in the hands of 0.01% of the super rich.

It's exactly the same as some raiders claiming "epics should be epic again" and non raiders should only get blue gear, like in vanilla. However Blizzard opened extra avenues of getting loot / "epics" / ilvl for the casuals, after realizing they will never be able to funnel the whole community into raiding.

In the same way I care more about AH to be more accessible to an average player who wants to efficiently sell his herbs and buy his enchants, they don't need to get "super rich", just make their everyday trading more convenient. Luxury goods that are limited by supply like TCG loot or super rare drops are not affected by buy orders because no one is gonna part with these cheap and fast. And those are items that are most subject to flipping.

If anything curbs the underhanded business practices, I wouldn't shed a tear if these were gone. Things like when warlock class mount was released on some low pop servers some goblin would clean the AH from armor pots only to try to sell them to warlocks for a scalping price. Ofc on a high pop server alchemists would insta flood the AH back and in general savvy players would find alternate ways to obtain the pot, like find a guildie alchemist. But whom it screwed the most, was the plebs - people who are stuck on low pop server, with no friends or guildies, and who didn't know any better and then came complain on the forums that warlock class mount questline is the worst. The economy "game" is more cruel than any other form of "elitism". It's also subject to realms while dungeons or raids can be done cross realm, so it's more punishing to be on a server with monopolized economy.

I'm far from suggesting some communist drivel like people like to spout like "Blizzard should set max price for tokens" or "Blizzard should set minimal price for sold goods on the AH", and yeah, I've seen such threads around here. I'm all for free market. And free market thrives when it's accessible with plethora of sellers and buyers instead of creating a situation where a handful of monopolists rule because tons of people are discouraged and pushed out of the market.

The fact you can "clog" the AH with 10000 stacks of 1 potion of prolonged power etc. making it nigh unusable to anyone without TSM is the fault of Blizzard AH system. I don't buy my pots and flasks 5 mins before the raid because I know prices will be higher than usual, but I know these last minute buyers in my guild and recently they complain more and more about "AH being slow" and them not able to buy their goods. That's what I mean, free market is better when buyer meets the seller, if the buyer walks away because "AH is too slow, can't buy my stuff", then it's bad, no matter if it actually works in the advantage of someone.

And yeah, back before perma augment runes I saw several raiders from my server's top guilds spam trade "buying all augment runes for (40% of the current market price)", dunno if people were actually selling to them, but it already exists, no idea why it couldn't be just incorporated to the UI. If the price is too low, people just won't sell to them.

TLDR since it's a long post:

1. AH has underlying problems like being slow and unresponsive, that should be fixed.
    2. Buy orders give benefit for players who just want to buy / sell their everyday goods, do their crafting etc. it has little impact on rare limited supply goods where all the power is in the hands of the holder of such item.
    3. New / casual player cannot dream of getting rich without climbing a steep wall, it's as much possibility for him as joining Method's main raid team, it's maybe 0.01%, so it's more important to improve his ability to become "middle class" or at least less poor than saying it's better if he stays poor so he can dream of being rich.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-10-14 at 06:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Professions is an easy one. They just need to make it matter more and for people to be able to use more time on it and make that time more fun instead of just waiting for a bar to finish. Also, the 3 star system sucks and is only good for super completionists.

But i also think that maybe the talent system could need a rework or expansion. Right now, we only get a new talent slot every expansion and it feels like a small thing. I would love to see Blizzard upgrade on the system and make it something, which you look to alot more often then now, when you just do it every 15 lvl and sometimes at max lvl.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're basically vouching for something that benefits you at the expense of majority of the players, keep crap systems in game so TSM moguls have more power over plebs who are led into crap default ui and left to exploit by snipers, market resetters and whatnot. It's the same as saying raid bosses should be tuned around Method players because they can inspire the masses to "git gut" in raiding. It doesn't happen. It's a bad idea overall.

Improving the life of the masses instead of trying to make them "step up" is more important in the big picture. Both mythic raiding and playing the AH are also inseparably tied to using addons, which is a problem for a new / casual player for whom learning TSM or Weak Auras is a barrier. Making something more accessible can nudge few people to get 1 step out of their comfort zone, but putting a huge wall to climb in front of them just discourages them.

Improving default UI so players don't get into huge disadvantage for using default UI over addons is something Blizzard should really look into, they worked on stuff like raid frames or nameplates, which is a good initiative, for example before we got current raid frames most healers had to use addons like grid / vuhdoo / healbot to even be able to heal efficiently.

TCG loot cards are limited by nature, no matter how much gold can average person make, the TCG loot is gonna only go up and up in price because the supply is less than demand. So saying you should be able to get rich so you can buy TCG mounts, you're basically saying getting rich should be so convoluted that only a handful of people will ever be able to reach it. This is supporting the current situation that rich get richer while poor get poorer. I get it, you like when poor confused casuals pay 20$ to get a handful of gold because they don't know any better. Doesn't mean it's inherently fair or good design to "give power to the goblins", it just means you support a world where goblins can exploit others because it benefits you, instead of healthier economy where power is more spread around instead of concentrated in the hands of 0.01% of the super rich.

It's exactly the same as some raiders claiming "epics should be epic again" and non raiders should only get blue gear, like in vanilla. However Blizzard opened extra avenues of getting loot / "epics" / ilvl for the casuals, after realizing they will never be able to funnel the whole community into raiding.

In the same way I care more about AH to be more accessible to an average player who wants to efficiently sell his herbs and buy his enchants, they don't need to get "super rich", just make their everyday trading more convenient. Luxury goods that are limited by supply like TCG loot or super rare drops are not affected by buy orders because no one is gonna part with these cheap and fast. And those are items that are most subject to flipping.

If anything curbs the underhanded business practices, I wouldn't shed a tear if these were gone. Things like when warlock class mount was released on some low pop servers some goblin would clean the AH from armor pots only to try to sell them to warlocks for a scalping price. Ofc on a high pop server alchemists would insta flood the AH back and in general savvy players would find alternate ways to obtain the pot, like find a guildie alchemist. But whom it screwed the most, was the plebs - people who are stuck on low pop server, with no friends or guildies, and who didn't know any better and then came complain on the forums that warlock class mount questline is the worst. The economy "game" is more cruel than any other form of "elitism". It's also subject to realms while dungeons or raids can be done cross realm, so it's more punishing to be on a server with monopolized economy.

I'm far from suggesting some communist drivel like people like to spout like "Blizzard should set max price for tokens" or "Blizzard should set minimal price for sold goods on the AH", and yeah, I've seen such threads around here. I'm all for free market. And free market thrives when it's accessible with plethora of sellers and buyers instead of creating a situation where a handful of monopolists rule because tons of people are discouraged and pushed out of the market.

The fact you can "clog" the AH with 10000 stacks of 1 potion of prolonged power etc. making it nigh unusable to anyone without TSM is the fault of Blizzard AH system. I don't buy my pots and flasks 5 mins before the raid because I know prices will be higher than usual, but I know these last minute buyers in my guild and recently they complain more and more about "AH being slow" and them not able to buy their goods. That's what I mean, free market is better when buyer meets the seller, if the buyer walks away because "AH is too slow, can't buy my stuff", then it's bad, no matter if it actually works in the advantage of someone.

And yeah, back before perma augment runes I saw several raiders from my server's top guilds spam trade "buying all augment runes for (40% of the current market price)", dunno if people were actually selling to them, but it already exists, no idea why it couldn't be just incorporated to the UI. If the price is too low, people just won't sell to them.
    ah ui/performance improvement and buy orders are 2 different things, everyone can get gold in the auction house if they put minimal effort just like everything else in the game, that's the wow economy, and it's a good thing for the game

everyone can get gold in the auction house if they put minimal effort just like everything else in the game,
    Everyone can get enough gold to get by, I just wish you didn't need to use addons to use the AH. Not everyone can get "so rich they can afford every TCG mount" what you were talking about, TGC mounts are limited in numbers so by the sole nature of limited quantity goods the price will be out of reach for majority.

There's a difference between getting enough gold to afford 1 token a month and getting enough gold to afford 1 token A DAY. The second one will never be possible for the masses, because there isn't enough token sellers in this game (a.k.a. whales), and the price is self-adjusting. I'd rather see the economy promoting the way where 30 people get 1 token a month than 1 guy getting 30 tokens a month. First is free market, second is closer to monopoly, since gold to token and token to gold is a mostly closed circle, for someone to buy more tokens someone else is getting less.

Helping medium scale traders at the expense of high end moguls, yes sure.

There are tons of improvements that could help these people, for example many get discouraged from mass crafting because of how much inventory space it takes to prepare your sales. Was especially prevalent with glyphs. If they could implement for example that expired items wouldn't directly go to the mailbox, but be stored in separate AH window for x amount of time, and you could choose to repost them or withdraw them, that would help with the issue of having to cycle through tons of items through mailbox and inventory.

Another thing they could implement is a wishlist - some addons already help with it, but again, AH should be usable without having to use addons. Some people might be looking for specific rare item, or want to monitor a price on something, would be nice if there was a way to do so without addons.

And of course the stack splitting / combining. If I want to buy exactly 538 dreamleaf, the game should calculate the cheapest ones and save me clicking / scrolling mouse 500+ times. Yes, that probably would downgrade my revenue a bit (since I used to sell stacks of 20 augment runes back in the days for 50% extra over the single runes prices), but would improve experience for many and nullify the impact of trolls who post 10000 stacks of 1.

Rework the token system because they added too many things to buy with them and now it costs too much gold to play and I'm spoiled from not paying $15 a month since they were first added to the game.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone can get enough gold to get by, I just wish you didn't need to use addons to use the AH. Not everyone can get "so rich they can afford every TCG mount" what you were talking about, TGC mounts are limited in numbers so by the sole nature of limited quantity goods the price will be out of reach for majority.

There's a difference between getting enough gold to afford 1 token a month and getting enough gold to afford 1 token A DAY. The second one will never be possible for the masses, because there isn't enough token sellers in this game (a.k.a. whales), and the price is self-adjusting. I'd rather see the economy promoting the way where 30 people get 1 token a month than 1 guy getting 30 tokens a month. First is free market, second is closer to monopoly, since gold to token and token to gold is a mostly closed circle, for someone to buy more tokens someone else is getting less.

Helping medium scale traders at the expense of high end moguls, yes sure.

There are tons of improvements that could help these people, for example many get discouraged from mass crafting because of how much inventory space it takes to prepare your sales. Was especially prevalent with glyphs. If they could implement for example that expired items wouldn't directly go to the mailbox, but be stored in separate AH window for x amount of time, and you could choose to repost them or withdraw them, that would help with the issue of having to cycle through tons of items through mailbox and inventory.

Another thing they could implement is a wishlist - some addons already help with it, but again, AH should be usable without having to use addons. Some people might be looking for specific rare item, or want to monitor a price on something, would be nice if there was a way to do so without addons.

And of course the stack splitting / combining. If I want to buy exactly 538 dreamleaf, the game should calculate the cheapest ones and save me clicking / scrolling mouse 500+ times. Yes, that probably would downgrade my revenue a bit (since I used to sell stacks of 20 augment runes back in the days for 50% extra over the single runes prices), but would improve experience for many and nullify the impact of trolls who post 10000 stacks of 1.
    add ons are for sure mandatory. everyone can get enough gold to afford what they want currently, assuming they learn about wow economy community.
    the masses will never get a token a day, because they're not interested in doing the steps necessary to achieve this. they rather not do it. and that's how it should be, no need to change it. someone who want it will do it with time and efforts, that's very fair.

yes they totally need to improve the ui. the mailbox thing always felt clunky to me.
    I wish they'd improve ah performance, literally everything loading instantly but I might be dreaming