Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    MM being better isn't really having the effect that it does on most classes. Majority of hunters are playing BM even though it's bottom dps because it's easy. I'd say we are in a pretty good spot in that case.
    Meh I slightly disagree with that. I play BM because I find it more fun and in vein with what a hunter is. MoP was my favourite expansion to be a Hunter in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Meh I slightly disagree with that. I play BM because I find it more fun and in vein with what a hunter is. MoP was my favourite expansion to be a Hunter in.
    Pretty much the same. I prefer BM over MM. I also prefer SV over both due to the "funness" of the spec, but I was raiding at the time and my guild is on end of those with a strict "no SV Hunter policy except on farm when it's faceroll easy." Most of my traits went into BM, so capping that at 75 for NLC then back to SV.
    Before anyone kills me for saying SV is fun, I've mained a Hunter since I started playing in Wrath and I enjoy it more than the other melee specs. It's convoluted, to be sure, but it feels so much faster paced than the other melee without being brain dead.
    Don't care if it goes back to rdps or stays melee as I enjoy them both and I was never so in love with rdps SV to be that upset about the change (hell, I looked forward to it), but whatever they do I only hope the class gets some love as a whole. BM is fairly boring (still more fun than MM), MM is just uninspiring to play and not a fan of short windows where all your damage comes from (more a fan of big bursts with CD's and good sustained), and SV is just convoluted and doesn't reward the play as it still falls short of specs that are much easier to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty much the same. I prefer BM over MM. I also prefer SV over both due to the "funness" of the spec, but I was raiding at the time and my guild is on end of those with a strict "no SV Hunter policy except on farm when it's faceroll easy." Most of my traits went into BM, so capping that at 75 for NLC then back to SV.
    Before anyone kills me for saying SV is fun, I've mained a Hunter since I started playing in Wrath and I enjoy it more than the other melee specs. It's convoluted, to be sure, but it feels so much faster paced than the other melee without being brain dead.
    Don't care if it goes back to rdps or stays melee as I enjoy them both and I was never so in love with rdps SV to be that upset about the change (hell, I looked forward to it), but whatever they do I only hope the class gets some love as a whole. BM is fairly boring (still more fun than MM), MM is just uninspiring to play and not a fan of short windows where all your damage comes from (more a fan of big bursts with CD's and good sustained), and SV is just convoluted and doesn't reward the play as it still falls short of specs that are much easier to play.
    i wasn't that concerned about SV going melee at first when they said they would be combining the old one with MM. but they did it so badly for some reason and just pissed everyone off.

first they made shittier versions of black arrow, LnL, and explosive shot, then put 2 of them on the same row. wtf?

then to top it off they pruned chimera shot, MM's signature ability, and let it rot on BM tree. just because the name sounded like an animal? i don't get it. that's like telling arms warriors you're deleting mortal strike.

i really question whoever was in charge of legion hunter because it just seems like they had 0 experience with the class.

It's felt to me like Blizzard have always lacked the conviction to take MM down the route they seemingly want to go but then pull back from.

MM seems like for the last couple of expansions its been lining up as a sledgehammer, slow but devastating. They then quickly pull back from this and go more towards throwing instant casts in there and use the abilities with cast times less.

There definitely was room for a dot spec (SV), a death by a thousand cuts spec (BM) and a slow wind-up spec (MM) but they never went with it.

I'm a million miles away from the best hunter, but I've found both BM & MM very unenjoyable to play. Possibly because despite their huge differences on the surface, at the times I've alternated between MM, BM and then back to MM it's always been along the same lines. Keep that obscure buff up that just increases your damage output considerably in vulnerable, dire frenzy and then back to vulnerable.

Were all those changes really so that we could just have 2 ranged specs which were/are largely dependant upon your abilities to keep a buff on your target.

Rexxar !

I still see Beastmaster like Rexxar.

Dual wielding axes, not a stupid laser gun, throwing them from range, traps, a lot of bleeds, comanding a BIG beast while also having up to two smaller annimals that do only minor damage providing utilities like slows, stuns, heal, etc....

You should be able to sacrifice one of your companions in order to get a good amont of HP for surviveability. Your big beast will have a reasonable amount of leech, charging, roaring, swiping while you are doing single target attacks. The only spec with 'Murder of Crows', Camo baseline.

Just dreaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    In addition to tweaking classes, I wish they would rework pets as well. We only have a few that give an actual ability to use, (rez - lust - heal debuff) and the rest are just skins with nothing special.
    Yeah that's, too needed as hell. It's like they didn't even gave enough fk about this class and when they removed party buffs it made vast majority of pets useless.
    Right now for for BM/mm (not like this spec is viable with pet but still) for PvP there are only 2 viable options: slow (3 pet families providing it, but as warp stalkers have longer CD and crocolisks is melee, spiders are go to with their short CD and ranged) and Mortal wounds (4 pet families, all 4 are equal) that gives you ability to choose one of 5 pet families :P