View Poll Results: WoW's Balancing Team. How is it?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's the best

12 7.10%
  • They make enough changes

39 23.08%
  • It's neither good nor bad

22 13.02%
  • They could do a lot more changes

35 20.71%
  • It's horrible

55 32.54%
  • other

6 3.55%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Private Server World of Warcraft, the one and only REAL WOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I didn't defend Blizzard. I mocked the ridiculous "discussion". Big difference.

But that's where we come full circle. Whiners are compulsive and immature creatures. They think that if you're not one of them, you can possilbly only be "THE OTHER". Their brains, twisted by irrational pain, can only process that kind of dichotomy. They live in this trainwreck reality where anyone who isn't as pathetically outraged as them must be a "fanboy" or a blind "Blizzard defender". It just hurts so much that not everyone shares their plight. They can't wrap their heads around that. Such is the frail and pitiful mind of the whiner.

Yes, this whole vaginal whine is incredibly boring. I made the whole thread more interesting, which is evident in the fact that you're still around. I don't expect thanks, but objectivity.
    You suggested they had no right to complain because they don't understand how it works or what it entails, which is a pointless statement because they don't need to.

People who complain without any basis are annoying but no more so than people who constantly leap to the defense.

And no, there's nothing interesting about someone who constantly does the later so don't flatter yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    the problem is not in the game, the problem is within you. Your standards are too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The game is actually far deeper, more complex and challenging now than it was in Vanilla.
    Complete delusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I love flame wars but i don't see how this discussion is ridiculous.
    I mean Blizzard have no balls to change the game drastically mid-expansion and in games like League of Legends we see changes every week. Nerfs to the ground, buffs, reworks etc
    It's almost as if the "Balancing team" doesn't have any power over the game "mid-expansion".
    Counting WoD this will make Legion two expansions in a row where they are afraid of "major balance changes" mid expansion. The last time this game has seen major balance changes mid expansion was MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.
    7.2 We fly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    considering how asymmetric the class design of World of Warcraft is, the number of specialization, with all the variables and ramifications that every small change can have, in the grand scheme of things they're doing overall a good job or they could be at least be doing much much worse
    I agree, I don't think they're the "best developers in the world", but not that long ago, WoW had specs that were 100% not viable for certain aspects of the game, and people shrugged and dealt with it. Now there's a 15% or less margin from the top to the bottom.

Professionals and eSport players will obviously minmax the hell out of those numbers, but the average player can be skilled enough with a "broken" class/spec to beat another average player who not so skillfully plays a "OP" class/spec.

Of course, people are passionate and impulsive, and whenever they aren't topping meters they yell that Blizzard is full of lazy, incompetent people who can't do basic math. But I've mained a shadow priest for ten years (talk about suffering) and, while we're not in our best moment (that'd be 5.3 in my opinion), we're far from when we were absolutely useless to the raid as a dps and only provided mana for the healers.

The thing I've come to believe is that they've overstretched themselves with too many specs, most often completely useless specs actually. This usually applies to DPS classes.

Hunters don't need three DPS specs, rogues don't need three DPS specs, warlocks don't need three DPS specs, druids don't need two DPS specs, warriors don't need two DPS specs and so on.

If you think about it, they could easily fit in at least two or three new classes with two specs each and have the same amount of work going as they are now when it comes to balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I love flame wars but i don't see how this discussion is ridiculous.
    I mean Blizzard have no balls to change the game drastically mid-expansion and in games like League of Legends we see changes every week. Nerfs to the ground, buffs, reworks etc
    It's almost as if the "Balancing team" doesn't have any power over the game "mid-expansion".
    Carefull when comparing both games in terms of Balancing.

While league has way more champions then Wow has in classes, but each has only 5 abilities to balance.Even so, some champions that are way stronger then others or really really weak.(Thats why we get reworkrs every couple of months, and not everytime they become good(Yorick and Urgot).

Like i said, only 5 spells, one of which is passive.So creating a new champion or kit of a old champion is not that difficult compared to a class or spec with 10+ spells.Thats why see huge changes between expansions and not mid expansion.

Not only that, but League have ways to counter OP champions.Bans(They even increased the amount of it) and Random modes.

You can't ban classes/specs or given a random class to play in wow

A poll that presumes lots of changes are innately desirable is not one that has any space for me, or for most of my friends, most especially the ones into slower-paced, smaller-group play. We'd all have exactly the opposite view: that WoW's balance is often bad because of too many changes, and that balance would be well served by fewer sweeping overhauls. WoW would benefit from having much more stable, reliable baselines for each spec, with some kind of paragon/elite progression for those who crave more frequent and more significant changes - basically, a character equivalent to mythic+ dungeons with their overall escalating difficulty plus the complications of the rotating affixes. Nothing wrong with wanting that, but catering to the minority that loves it at the expense of a majority who'd prefer their characters remain reliable and familiar is a bad idea.

In Rift it was considered poor balance if a class was 10% behind. In WoW that's considered a normal RNG range.

WoW has some of the worst balancing of any MMO I've played. During certain patches the top class can be 50% better than the worst. That's simply unacceptable for a game with this many resources behind it.

If you ignore the rabble and actually look at the numbers, the WoW balancing team is doing a fantastic job.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...032&dataset=50

The 50% percentile parses for Goroth indicate just how close every spec is. As Goroth is close to a tank and spank as you get in ToS, it's the most current and representative fight of damage output potential. The 50% parse is a stronger indicator of the average player than 60-99%.

However certain specs consistently perform stronger on more boss fights and thus appear to be dominant in ToS, and the highest potential (i.e. 99%+) of each spec is wildly different especially when you consider fight mechanics (like balance on mistress for example) but that's not representative of what balancing feels like for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The thing I've come to believe is that they've overstretched themselves with too many specs, most often completely useless specs actually. This usually applies to DPS classes.

Hunters don't need three DPS specs, rogues don't need three DPS specs, warlocks don't need three DPS specs, druids don't need two DPS specs, warriors don't need two DPS specs and so on.

If you think about it, they could easily fit in at least two or three new classes with two specs each and have the same amount of work going as they are now when it comes to balancing.
    Agreed, they could change the classes to be like how FFXIV does it, not exactly like how they play but sticking to one class with one set of abilities and role. It will never happen but it would sure as hell take off a lot of time trying to balance.