Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Jerusalem knife-stabber reduced sentence

"The court shortened the jail time for Ahmed Manasra, who was convicted of the attempted murder of two Israelis in a knife attack carried out when he was 13, from 12 years to 9.5 years." From: https://www.timesofisrael.com/suprem...inian-stabber/

I totally disagree with this sentence and would like it to be life imprisonment for this mindless criminal. But 9.5 years is okay.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    I see no reason to keep people that are not a threat imprisoned. Particularly with such a young child; one that was and accomplice, rather than the brain behind the attack. Keep him in until rehabilitated, and able to join society again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I see no reason to keep people that are not a threat imprisoned. Particularly with such a young child; one that was and accomplice, rather than the brain behind the attack. Keep him in until rehabilitated, and able to join society again.
    What he did contributed to the continual war between Jews and Muslims, which is not "mere" murder, but worse. Much worse.

He is no child. He deserves life imprisonment. The Israeli authorities should be ashamed for not going tough on him.

Mere 9.5 years... Jesus Christ!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    What he did contributed to the continual war between Jews and Muslims, which is not "mere" murder, but worse. Much worse.

He is no child. He deserves life imprisonment. The Israeli authorities should be ashamed for not going tough on him.

Mere 9.5 years... Jesus Christ!
    It's a civilian case, not an act of war. If other people use this as propaganda to wage war, that's on them. On that note, this thread is such kind of war-enabling propaganda.

The crime wasn't murder, but attempted murder. Here that usually carries about 8 years.
    It's worse than attempted murder, though, since it's also a hate crime. So a higher sentence than attempted murder is alright. But a lowering of the sentence is also alright for him being a minor, one that acted as a mere accomplice.

Whatever the case, my point stands: there's no reason to keep people who are not a threat imprisoned.

Deleted
    It's a civilian case, not an act of war. If other people use this as propaganda to wage war, that's on them. On that note, this thread is such kind of war-enabling propaganda.

The crime wasn't murder, but attempted murder. Here that usually carries about 8 years.
    It's worse than attempted murder, though, since it's also a hate crime. So a higher sentence than attempted murder is alright. But a lowering of the sentence is also alright for him being a minor, one that acted as a mere accomplice.

Whatever the case, my point stands: there's no reason to keep people who are not a threat imprisoned.
    If it were mere murder it would be a lesser crime than this attempted murder which fueled the fire. The Jewish people are under an existential threat worldwide, especially by Arabs and other Muslims, meaning this must be a case in which the criminal is made an example of.

He is a threat, because he is no mere child, but a brainwashed degenerate who grew up in a barbarian culture. There is no cure for him; only non-stop torment in the harshest of prisons.

Why is he still alive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Why is he still alive?
    The Arab criminal?

Not sure. I think death penalty would be too light a crime. He needs torment in prison until his cells stop reproducing.

How do we know people aren’t “brainwashed” to just hate people like him?

From other people’s perspective, we could be the ones that are “brainwashed”. Just look at the hatred in the thread alone.

If it were mere murder it would be a lesser crime than this attempted murder which fueled the fire. The Jewish people are under an existential threat worldwide, especially by Arabs and other Muslims, meaning this must be a case in which the criminal is made an example of.

He is a threat, because he is no mere child, but a brainwashed degenerate who grew up in a barbarian culture. There is no cure for him; only non-stop torment in the harshest of prisons.
    Jews decided to land themselves smack in the middle of all that "barbaric culture"... deal with it. Reap what you sow and all that.

"Existential threat" ? Please...

Plus you reek of hypocrisy with hate yourself. Aren't you supposed to be "better than them" ?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-10-12 at 11:59 PM.

OP, it seems like you have some rage issues.
    The moment you sink to torture, you lose any kind of high ground you thought you have.
    Also, do you know the power of brainwashing? How well it works on kids?

Deleted

It was attempted murder, and a hate crime. Nothing else. Other people, like you are doing right now, used that event to spark more tensions.
    The Jewish people residing in Israel are fortunate to live under the rule of law, in a modern country. One that doesn't need to pass exemplary sentences. One that has the luxury of treating every criminal equally, like any other civilized country. Treating him differently would be the barbarian's creed.

He was a child at the time, and is a child still today. One that can be reinserted in society like everyone else can. He's grown surrounded by hate, yes; he can be educated in love. That's what compassionate people, a maxim of western standards, do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Jews decided to land themselves smack in the middle of all that "barbaric culture"... deal with it. Reap what you sow and all that.

"Existential threat" ? Please...

Plus you reek of hypocrisy with hate yourself. Aren't you supposed to be "better than them" ?
    Jews decided to return to the homeland from which they were expelled. They have every right to do so.

It is the fault of their barbarian neighbours that there is constant conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    OP, it seems like you have some rage issues.
    The moment you sink to torture, you lose any kind of high ground you thought you have.
    Also, do you know the power of brainwashing? How well it works on kids?
    Torture is fine for people who deserve it. This Arab criminal deserves it.

I have ideas for how he could be tortured, but not sure if it's allowed to post on this petty forum. Let's just say one of them is involving a small snake entering the mouth, then all the way to the intestines...

You fantasise about the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

It was attempted murder, and a hate crime. Nothing else. Other people, like you are doing right now, used that event to spark more tensions.
    The Jewish people residing in Israel are fortunate to live under the rule of law, in a modern country. One that doesn't need to pass exemplary sentences. One that has the luxury of treating every criminal equally, like any other civilized country. Treating him differently would be the barbarian's creed.

He was a child at the time, and is a child still today. One that can be reinserted in society like everyone else can. He's grown surrounded by hate, yes; he can be educated in love. That's what compassionate people, a maxim of western standards, do.
    It happened in a conflict zone and time of unrest. It was a contribution to conflict. It's not murder, it is worse.

Torture is all this barbarian needs for the rest of his life.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-13 at 03:06 PM.

9,5 years seems ok to me, gives him some time to feel like shit.

He should be happy they didnt kill him on the spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    9,5 years seems ok to me, gives him some time to feel like shit.
    It isn't okay in any way whatsoever. He was an Arab who contributed to the ongoing existential Arab war against Jewish people, who are and have always been the most targeted group of people across the world, and as such deserves the toughest of all punishments.

It isn't okay in any way whatsoever. He was an Arab who contributed to the ongoing existential Arab war against Jewish people, who are and have always been the most targeted group of people across the world, and as such deserves the toughest of all punishments.
    Meh i would be fine if they killed him right there to. I couldn't care less about him.

Deleted
    It happened in a conflict zone and time of unrest. It was a contribution to conflict. It's not murder, it is worse.

Torture is all this barbarian needs for the rest of his life.
    The people using this, as you are, for war propaganda are the ones contributing to the conflict.
    Israel, as a western, free, advanced and modern state knows better than to succumb to your brutish rhetoric.

This thread is war propaganda.
    Embarrassing.

Deleted
    The sentence is fair. What is unfair is that the Israeli air force pilots who murder large numbers of civillians are not in prison.

Deleted
    The people using this, as you are, for war propaganda are the ones contributing to the conflict.
    Israel, as a western, free, advanced and modern state knows better than to succumb to your brutish rhetoric.

This thread is war propaganda.
    Embarrassing.
    This thread is in the defence of the Jewish people who are surrounded by barbarians and under constant existential threat, and how they rather than doing everything they can to defend themselves, instead choose to not seize the moments that help them in doing so.

Israel needs to be tough. I think it's time to dust off their nuclear arsenal and think things through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Meh i would be fine if they killed him right there to. I couldn't care less about him.
    No. Killing is not a fair punishment. It simply ends life.

Life torture is what he needs. All Arab criminals who fall under severe crime in Israel need life torture.

Jews decided to return to the homeland from which they were expelled. They have every right to do so.

It is the fault of their barbarian neighbours that there is constant conflict.
    I don't believe in this ancient homeland heritage crap people like you try to justify using. Practically every country in existence today has displaced people all over the place... by your logic, the US should be returned to the Native Indians for example... but I suppose you'd consider Jews to be more special than others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don't mind getting banned for this. if you consider a 13 years old a full fledged adult then seriously go screw yourself.
    The term "full fledged adult" is meaningless.

Nobody is ever an adult in the way you are using the word. Every criminal is a criminal because his brain did not function "properly", for if it did, he would do the rational thing and NOT be a criminal.

Hitler had a fogged mind as well. If he didn't, he'd live a life in peace and quiet. Maybe we should forgive him as well?

To hell with your stupid symphaties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I don't believe in this ancient homeland heritage crap people like you try to justify using. Practically every country in existence today has displaced people all over the place... by your logic, the US should be returned to the Native Indians for example... but I suppose you'd consider Jews to be more special than others.
    Jews have continually been present (in smaller numbers) in their ancient homeland, and therefore are the rightful owners of the land.

People in the past have been displaced, yes, but they also don't exist anymore, so they cannot reclaim their land. Jews DO exist, and they HAVE always lived in Israel, so their claim to the land is 100% sound.