Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,764
    What was the OP's previous name? Was it mayhem or w/e cause this seems like something he'd post.
    Intel I7-5930K @ 4.5GHz | H100i GTX | Asus X99-A | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz
    Intel 750 PCIe 400GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 2TB MX300 | 2TB WD Black | 4TB WD Reds x6 Server
    GB GTX 1080Ti AORUS | EVGA 850W | NXZT H440 NEW | Dell U3415W | Samsung CFG70 24" | Steelseries Rival 300 | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Schiit Asgard 2 | Schiit Modi 2 Uber | Presonus E5 x2 | Beyerdynamic DT990's 600 Ohm

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So it’s ok if gang members shoot people because it’s expected?
    Who in the hell said its okay for gang members to shoot anyone. I certainly didnt so dont try to put words in my mouth.

    Cops are held to a certain standard because ITS THEIR FUCKING JOB TO UPHOLD THE LAW. With that power comes great responsibility.

    I expect criminal to act like a criminal. Stop with the false equivalences. Criminals shouldnt be killing people either SINCE APPARENTLY WE HAVE TO SPELL THAT SHIT OUT.

  3. #23
    The people on here who are trying to argue things people aren't even saying are being fucking ridiculous. People expect criminals to act outside the law and harm others. THat does not mean they condone such actions. That continued line of irrational thinking is idiotic.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Who in the hell said its okay for gang members to shoot anyone. I certainly didnt so dont try to put words in my mouth.

    Cops are held to a certain standard because ITS THEIR FUCKING JOB TO UPHOLD THE LAW. With that power comes great responsibility.

    I expect criminal to act like a criminal. Stop with the false equivalences. Criminals shouldnt be killing people either SINCE APPARENTLY WE HAVE TO SPELL THAT SHIT OUT.
    So cops are to be held to a higher standard of not killing people? But you expect criminals to act like criminals. Gotcha.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So cops are to be held to a higher standard of not killing people? But you expect criminals to act like criminals. Gotcha.
    Expecting cops to not kill people shouldn't be a surprise. One expects to criminals to act like criminals. That doesn't mean one supports such things.

    I expect people to be disingenuous and try to deflect on issues like this. That doesn't mean I support your efforts to do so.

  6. #26
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America, F*** yeah.
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The study shows that black people are less likely to be shot, but are more likely to be detained and have all other forms of use of force used against them. They are less likely to be shot by police officers. The data is still notable, and does seem to show at least some racial bias when it comes to the use of force by officers.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nobody is saying it's OK. Once again, stop trying to use one problem to avoid talking about the other.
    Who says I'm avoiding it? you're trying to pretend that cops are worse than criminals for the few questionable uses of force they have vs the vast and impressively varied criminal actions of gangs.

    yes, cops could use de-escalation training, and better non-lethal options. But in this age of "fuck tha po-lice" and "what do we want? DEAD COPS!" can you really blame them for being on edge when their job is to try and protect the same people calling for their blood? it's like juggling with live hand grenades, most of the time you'll be okay. then oops there goes the pin, your boss is having a very sad conversation with your widow, and the guy who did it is out there hurting others.

    Ideally, cops wouldn't kill anyone, because criminals would realize they're breaking the law and hurting others, their morality/conscience would make them turn themselves in, and in the few cases they actually have to use any type of force, they have some 100% effective, safe, and instant non-lethal takedown option. but unfortunately, we live in this shitty place called reality where they have to work with what they got, and unfortunately, that's bullets.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,591
    Simple solution. Need to be fairly brutal to clean up the solution in the short term, but long-term benefits.

    - Legalize some, but not all, drugs. The less harmful ones at least.
    - Lethal force against high level gang leadership. Cut the snake off at its head.
    - Actually spend some actual real honest to god actual money on these communities. Fix their roads. Tax breaks for companies/people opening businesses and employing people in the area. Funding for community/youth programs. Give people something to belong to and take pride in other than gangs.
    - Train cops properly in respect and de-escalation, then get them on the streets in force as a calming presence to reduce opportunity crime. Very big cultural shift needed. Body cams at all times.
    - Fix broken windows. Clean up grafitti. Put money into schools. Why isn't this stuff obvious?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Who says I'm avoiding it? you're trying to pretend that cops are worse than criminals for the few questionable uses of force they have vs the vast and impressively varied criminal actions of gangs.

    yes, cops could use de-escalation training, and better non-lethal options. But in this age of "fuck tha po-lice" and "what do we want? DEAD COPS!" can you really blame them for being on edge when their job is to try and protect the same people calling for their blood? it's like juggling with live hand grenades, most of the time you'll be okay. then oops there goes the pin, your boss is having a very sad conversation with your widow, and the guy who did it is out there hurting others.

    Ideally, cops wouldn't kill anyone, because criminals would realize they're breaking the law and hurting others, their morality/conscience would make them turn themselves in, and in the few cases they actually have to use any type of force, they have some 100% effective, safe, and instant non-lethal takedown option. but unfortunately, we live in this shitty place called reality where they have to work with what they got, and unfortunately, that's bullets.
    You are trying to argue something that I'm simply not saying. You are being disingenuous.

    Where did I say cops were worse than criminals? Stop trying to argue against shit other people aren't actually saying.

  9. #29
    The Insane Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    so it's ok to murder people as long as you aren't a cop.
    I see reading comprehension isn't your thing, seeing as you seem to have stopped reading after the first line of my post.

    It's okay; I'll give you the opportunity to go ahead and read it again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America, F*** yeah.
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are trying to argue something that I'm simply not saying. You are being disingenuous.

    Where did I say cops were worse than criminals? Stop trying to argue against shit other people aren't actually saying.
    "Maybe because cops are expected to protect and serve, everyone knows gang members are criminals...the equivalence is false."

    This was the post I quoted originally, your insistence on defending their point shows that you support it. their point is that the tiny(by comparison) amount of police violence we face is a much greater concern than the gang crime issue.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

  11. #31
    At this point, it just does not matter, no solutions are being proposed so i guess just ignore it

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    "Maybe because cops are expected to protect and serve, everyone knows gang members are criminals...the equivalence is false."

    This was the post I quoted originally, your insistence on defending their point shows that you support it. their point is that the tiny(by comparison) amount of police violence we face is a much greater concern than the gang crime issue.
    And that person isn't saying what you accused me of saying, either.

  13. #33
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America, F*** yeah.
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And that person isn't saying what you accused me of saying, either.
    They are saying that since criminals are expected to be criminals, their actions are excusable in comparison to the extremely few amount of killings cops are responsible for. You are trying very hard to defend their stance, making it a justifiable conclusion that you share their views.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.


    There's a new study that says blacks and whites are killed by cops equally.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/u...shootings.html
    Well duh. Liberals won't admit it.. CNN has indoctrinated them into believing cops are genocidal maniacs out to kill black people.

  15. #35
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,096
    Because black on black crime isn’t anymore of a thing than white on white. Gangs and criminals can’t fucking be expected to give a shit about anything but breaking the fucking law.

    Maybe next time we can ask pimps hand have man sex traffickers how they don’t recycle and take global warming more seriously.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  16. #36
    It isn't worry about one or the other. Even if it were, criminals killing each other is far less troublesome then police officers killing people and much more upsetting when those people haven't done anything to warrant deadly force.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.


    There's a new study that says blacks and whites are killed by cops equally.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/u...shootings.html
    In one city out of the country. NYC is a huge city, but that doesn't represent how things are playing out everywhere else. Even in that they are 17 to 25% more likely to use force on black people compared to white. That is a pretty large difference. 24% more likely to point their gun at and 25% more likely to pepper spray or use their baton on. As it turns out those last 2 are what the issue is mainly about. One of the stats had blacks 305% more likely to have a gun draw on them. Even the most modest of numbers in your link don't support what you are saying.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-10-13 at 05:27 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Snarkiest Juffo Wup you know
    Posts
    2,714
    I though since Big Pharma took over the opioid market, gang crime has been in decline?
    Though there's been a rise in Skeeter on Cletus crime. As he steals the flatscreen out of his step-dad's RV to pay for some oxycontin.

  18. #38
    Merely a Setback Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    25,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Well duh. Liberals won't admit it.. CNN has indoctrinated them into believing cops are genocidal maniacs out to kill black people.
    Right you mean that bullshit that all protesters are Antifa terrorist.
    Can gods bleed? I mean to find out! MallSecurity MallTube

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because black on black crime isn’t anymore of a thing than white on white. Gangs and criminals can’t fucking be expected to give a shit about anything but breaking the fucking law.

    Maybe next time we can ask pimps hand have man sex traffickers how they don’t recycle and take global warming more seriously.
    Yes it is, you are factually incorrect. I can't wait to see what evidence you have to refute black on black murder statistics.

  20. #40
    Easy, because people equate police to social workers rather then what they really are - enforcers of law. Not their job to get down on one knee as people here would have you believe, its quite the opposite. Its their job to put these people down, or take the steps to incarcerate them. If they don't want the second, they shouldn't be so surprised they get the first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •