Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    How is your guild going to handle Titan trinkets distribution?

    Our guild uses RC and the last PTR update on Titan trinkets is already causing a bit of a stir on how the hell are we supposed to decide who gets what, and particularly who gets the fabled UA 2.0 first.

    We're trying to come up with a few ideas that range from pure /roll to attendance reward with a myriad of things in between. If the trinkets stay as they are now on the PTR, how is your guild going to handle their distribution?

  2. #2
    I don't even know if the trinket is a drop or not, same with the upgrade part. If it is a drop then no doubt it's gonna be based on a mix of performance/attendance/loyalty/progression necessity.

  3. #3
    the exact same way you distribute every other loot?
    give it to the player that benefits the most from it and/or wont quit mid progression

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Xerra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,080
    Whoever is sleeping with the GM always gets first dibs.

  5. #5
    What I've been told is that the way they (*supposedly*) work right now is that everyone gets one guaranteed on the first Antorus heroic kill for their loot spec, and any subsequent kill has a low chance to give you a different one (so think Garrosh heirlooms, except the first heroic kill is guaranteed, not just the first mythic kill). The legendary trinket would thus be one of the "random low chance" ones you can get as well, for any spec. Whether some lucky person will get it on their guaranteed one, or if it'll be locked to the "random drop" after the first, who knows. It's all speculation at this point. FWIW though, the "legendary" obviously goes to DPS first over anything else. Healers already have a very strong Pantheon trinket and don't care much for an int proc over a 4x 300K free healing shield each time their pantheon procs, and tanks will only use it for DPS purposes as strength isn't really a great defensive buff (and most of them won't benefit defensively from all 4x secondaries very much; EG crit is super low for DK tanks survivability wise. Meanwhile, there's lots of DPS like hunters and warlocks who all benefit greatly from every secondary - just one slightly more than the others).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What I've been told is that the way they (*supposedly*) work right now is that everyone gets one guaranteed on the first Antorus heroic kill for their loot spec, and any subsequent kill has a low chance to give you a different one (so think Garrosh heirlooms, except the first heroic kill is guaranteed, not just the first mythic kill). The legendary trinket would thus be one of the "random low chance" ones you can get as well, for any spec. Whether some lucky person will get it on their guaranteed one, or if it'll be locked to the "random drop" after the first, who knows. It's all speculation at this point. FWIW though, the "legendary" obviously goes to DPS first over anything else. Healers already have a very strong Pantheon trinket and don't care much for an int proc over a 4x 300K free healing shield each time their pantheon procs, and tanks will only use it for DPS purposes as strength isn't really a great defensive buff (and most of them won't benefit defensively from all 4x secondaries very much; EG crit is super low for DK tanks survivability wise. Meanwhile, there's lots of DPS like hunters and warlocks who all benefit greatly from every secondary - just one slightly more than the others).
    The leech proc alone makes it a crazy good tank trinket. It will probably out heal the rng pantheon proc heal from the actual tank trinket.

    Obviously it's going to be prioritized to dps but saying "it's only for dps" for tanks is incredibly false.

  7. #7
    If the trinket is able to be master looted, it's likely it'll be able to be bonus rolled for also. If this is the case I will be killing final boss and using bonus rolls multiple times a week until I obtain it on my characters.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Demribs View Post
    Our guild uses RC and the last PTR update on Titan trinkets is already causing a bit of a stir on how the hell are we supposed to decide who gets what, and particularly who gets the fabled UA 2.0 first.

    We're trying to come up with a few ideas that range from pure /roll to attendance reward with a myriad of things in between. If the trinkets stay as they are now on the PTR, how is your guild going to handle their distribution?
    The difference is that you don't get to decide who gets Aman'thul Vision first, the game does because it's a legendary item and it's on personal loot. This item is being awarded just like garrosh heirlooms did at the end of MoP, it's not something you get to decide who takes it via master loot and split running and obviously it can't be bonus rolled either.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The leech proc alone makes it a crazy good tank trinket. It will probably out heal the rng pantheon proc heal from the actual tank trinket.

    Obviously it's going to be prioritized to dps but saying "it's only for dps" for tanks is incredibly false.
    Calling it "crazy good" seems a bit far. It has ~1.4 RPPM and a 12 second duration, meaning ~28% uptime. 2200 Avoidance, Leech and Speed provides you with 9.56% leech, 20% avoidance and speed's not really relevant. Even if you're doing 1M DPS, that's "only" 28K HPS over the course of a fight (and outside of sustained cleave/AOE, that's fairly high for a tank); A drop in the bucket for a tank. Having a rejuv on you would heal for more. Avoidance is gimmicky but useful in rare scenarios (I honestly don't know which mechanics do and do not get affected by it, that would affect a tank; I know the armageddons on KJ are technically AOE). Just has the same issue as any other reduction "proc" - it's not guaranteed.
    I'll concede that sure, it has useability for a tank, but lets not kid ourselves; If the issue is surviving, you're not slapping it on over the actual tank trinkets in order to live better because of your 2.5%-on-average leech.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Calling it "crazy good" seems a bit far. It has ~1.4 RPPM and a 12 second duration, meaning ~28% uptime. 2200 Avoidance, Leech and Speed provides you with 9.56% leech, 20% avoidance and speed's not really relevant. Even if you're doing 1M DPS, that's "only" 28K HPS over the course of a fight (and outside of sustained cleave/AOE, that's fairly high for a tank); A drop in the bucket for a tank. Having a rejuv on you would heal for more. Avoidance is gimmicky but useful in rare scenarios (I honestly don't know which mechanics do and do not get affected by it, that would affect a tank; I know the armageddons on KJ are technically AOE). Just has the same issue as any other reduction "proc" - it's not guaranteed.
    I'll concede that sure, it has useability for a tank, but lets not kid ourselves; If the issue is surviving, you're not slapping it on over the actual tank trinkets in order to live better because of your 2.5%-on-average leech.
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about and your numbers are so far off they're playing a game in San Diego while the rest of their team is in New York.

    The only thing you should be conceeding is the fact you can't even read the item tooltip properly.

    The actual tank trinket is pretty shit for tanking compared to the lego, not even close.

    Literally lol'd at the bold though. Most tank specs right now are easily capable of doing 1 mil ST DPS in 940-945 range. With mythic Antorus gear 1.5 mil dps is a much more realistic number.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-13 at 07:35 AM.

  11. #11
    It's also not very wise to give it to the tanks from a proc balance point of view. You need 4 different procs to activate Empowered thingy, so replacing Aggramars Fortitude isn't that great. You obviously loose nothing, but if you replaced one of your six (guesstimate) caster trinkets, your uptime on the empowerment will probably benefit more.

    How good Aman'thuls Arcano Crystal is dps wise for tanks depends largely on the spec. For my BrM and Druid, Arcano doesn't sim too great, simply because agility is worth a lot to both of them.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    It's also not very wise to give it to the tanks from a proc balance point of view. You need 4 different procs to activate Empowered thingy, so replacing Aggramars Fortitude isn't that great.
    You give it to dps because it benefits the raid the most and it has nothing to do with this. Please actually lookup how the trinket works before posting false information. It will literally fill the spot of any other possible missing proc meaning it's absolutely changes nothing if a tank has it or the tanking one equiped.

    We still don't know how the drop though, so at the end of the day if you have a choice if give it to a dps the same reason you give tier to a dps over a tank or healer. You guys don't have to make up magical excuses about it. It might not even be an assignable loot item though.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-13 at 07:30 AM.

  13. #13
    It drops from lfr only and you can only go with people that do no damage are squishy and can’t heal.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,551
    The top DPS classes used most in progression will get them. Simple as that.

  15. #15
    If your goal is to clear mythic, by the time you get to Mythic Argus where the trinkets really matter, all your top performers would probably already have one from normal or at least heroic.

    If you go to your guild on warcraftlogs, go to rankings and you will see how your members are ranked by DPS - that is a good basis to start the discussion.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about and your numbers are so far off they're playing a game in San Diego while the rest of their team is in New York.

    The only thing you should be conceeding is the fact you can't even read the item tooltip properly.

    The actual tank trinket is pretty shit for tanking compared to the lego, not even close.
    Then enlighten me. This is what I read:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=256817/mark-of-amanthul (the procs scaled down here; The 1000 ilvl one gives 2200 of each stat).
    Leech is converted at 230 rating for 1%.
    The proc rate suggested on wowhead is 1.4 RPPM. RPPM is obviously also affected by haste, so here's a 10 minute log from PTR testing last night showing the uptime:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=256818

    Funny enough, 28% before haste seems about right (mages are both very unlucky with procs - everyone above 28% lived the full duration and haste modified it, everyone except mages below 28% died early).

    So, what exactly do you think I'm wrong about? The amount of damage a tank pushes on a singletarget fight? The amount a rejuvenation heals? Both are obviously debateable, but holy shit man. You can't just go "LURL YOURE SO WRONG M8" then not elaborate. I discuss in order to learn. If you think you've got information I don't share it so I can know more.

    If you're on about how the proc works etc, notice I never actually adressed the Pantheon-universal-proc part of it apart from "strength isn't really strong for tanks from a survivability POV". I know full well how the trinkets work in their current iteration - atleast from what we've tested on PTR and can read. Doesn't mean there isn't something I might be missing though.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-10-13 at 07:51 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You give it to dps because it benefits the raid the most and it has nothing to do with this. Please actually lookup how the trinket works before posting false information. It will literally fill the spot of any other possible missing proc meaning it's absolutely changes nothing if a tank has it or the tanking one equiped.

    We still don't know how the drop though, so at the end of the day if you have a choice if give it to a dps the same reason you give tier to a dps over a tank or healer. You guys don't have to make up magical excuses about it. It might not even be an assignable loot item though.
    Specifically because Aman'thuls is a wild card buff, it is good to replace the most prevalent of the buffs. That there are other points is true and they have already been made. It still stands that the number of combinations of procs in your raid that give you the empowerment is "only" doubled when you give Aman'thuls to a tank while being multiplied by 6 if you give it to a caster in a roster with 6 of those.
    Monk/Main,Druid/Alt, Logs. Meine Gilde rekrutiert. Bei Interesse kontaktiert mich hier, unsere Offiziere in Game oder bewerbt euch direkt auf unserer Website.

  18. #18
    I'm confused.
    Are you guys saying that it's a personal loot, but arguing who to give it to first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Specifically because Aman'thuls is a wild card buff, it is good to replace the most prevalent of the buffs.
    Not sure if intended, but all procs are wild cards currently on PTR. (4 warriors can proc the Pantheon effect with 4x strength melee trinket.)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

    Literally lol'd at the bold though. Most tank specs right now are easily capable of doing 1 mil ST DPS in 940-945 range. With mythic Antorus gear 1.5 mil dps is a much more realistic number.
    I love when people just throw out bullshit. You calling him out and then creating your own bucket of shit and throwing it into the discussion.

    There's a total of 5 logs on Goroth for tanks doing above 1 mil dps for all the 5 tank specs.

    Ez 1m ST leggo

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    I love when people just throw out bullshit. You calling him out and then creating your own bucket of shit and throwing it into the discussion.

    There's a total of 5 logs on Goroth for tanks doing above 1 mil dps for all the 5 tank specs.

    Ez 1m ST leggo
    Didn't even see he wrote that as he editted it in later and I opened the page before 9:30 AM (the woes of IT, sometimes have to just up and leave). But yea, 800K is a reasonably high singletarget amount for a tank; pushing 1M has been done by paladins and a single vengeance DH - Blood DK and monk are reasonably close to believe they CAN do it, and warrior's over 100K away - and all of them are obviously not giving a single shit about their survivability in the process. 800K, as I stated, is a reasonably high-end amount for a tank that isn't interested in sacrifising all their survivability for the sake of DPS in current gear. I'd even go as far as to say "pretty fucking good". What Antorus gear can enable is obviously not known yet, so there's no real point speculating; It's also sort of irrelevant, because while your damage goes up, so does damage intake, healthpool, and other selfhealing as well, making the relative difference the same (excluding potential breakpoints or caps that might skew this slightly).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •