1. #1

    Exclamation Stacking Haste as a Havoc DH?

    Sup everyone. So right now i'm 9/9H and 4/9M on my Havoc DH and although i'm always top of the dps charts at the start of the boss fights, once my prepot and herois wear off, i feel like my damage takes a huge dips. My stats on my DH are 51%crit, 14% haste, and 30 mastery. I wanted to know if maybe going haste will increase my auto attacks therefore generating more fury? Has anyone tried this yet?

  2. #2
    Haste isn't worth it for DH. Haste will increase your auto-attack speed, but you'd gain like 1 extra hit per minute, which is marginal compared to crit and mastery.
    If you have to attack a person instead of what they're saying, then you've already lost the argument.

  3. #3
    What's currently going on with all the misinformation on MMOC?

    Haste ist the 2nd best stat for DHs, before a plateau it even becomes the best stat - In my cast, there was one plateau at ~14% and another one now at ~22%. Mastery atm is the worst secondary stat for Havoc.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossten View Post
    What's currently going on with all the misinformation on MMOC?

    Haste ist the 2nd best stat for DHs, before a plateau it even becomes the best stat - In my cast, there was one plateau at ~14% and another one now at ~22%. Mastery atm is the worst secondary stat for Havoc.
    You are talking from chaos blades build, as haste also affects the auto attacks during blades up, and it helps with dblades for more fury meaning more chaos strikes during chaos blades. Since mastery doesn't scale with chaos blades anymore, it's no longer any good. But it's still good for demonic

  5. #5
    well chaos blades is the raid dps spec and since the question was asked and the op said he was in a mythic guild I'd say it's safe to assume he was talking about raiding ie the chaos blades build
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalshen View Post
    well chaos blades is the raid dps spec and since the question was asked and the op said he was in a mythic guild I'd say it's safe to assume he was talking about raiding ie the chaos blades build
    That's correct. I'm running Chaos Blades build so I was wondering if haste would be worth stacking for extra auto attacks. At this point, I'm just trying to do w/e i can to maximize my dps. anyway. ty for the replies everyone.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    That's correct. I'm running Chaos Blades build so I was wondering if haste would be worth stacking for extra auto attacks. At this point, I'm just trying to do w/e i can to maximize my dps. anyway. ty for the replies everyone.
    Like everyone else usually says, sim it. I can guarantee you though that crit will give you more dps than haste.

    Its the same for everyone with the CB build, at the top by far in burstphase on dps, then we fall down to the middle during downtime. Nothing we can do about it, its just how the build works.

    For me, with around 55% crit, this is my latest scales. Im at 22% haste.

    Spec=Havoc, Agility=22.19, CritRating=32.18, HasteRating=27.68, MasteryRating=24.11, Versatility=28.46 )

    As you can see, versatility would be slightly better, for Me. Crit will always come out on top, for other 2ndaries, u need to sim.

    If you give me your charname, I can sim for you and give you your scales.

  8. #8
    I did it this tier, worked well enough for me. I'm always ahead of our other DH, and he's a pretty good player.

    Definitely not gonna be worth it for the next tier though, you will already get 15% haste for 8 secs from the tier bonus. Eye beam will be the main focus of the build, so i'm sure we'll go back to Crit/Mastery as our clear winners for secondary stats. I could even see mastery being more important that crit after you reach a certain amount of crit.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-10-14 at 12:01 AM.

  9. #9
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CPH, Denmark.
    Posts
    243
    Haste would be great if the cloak didnt have a cap on procs, but was more like the Warlock Chest or the Shaman Gloves. That would make Chaos Blades happen more frequent, other than a set 1 every 10 casts, and also every 2mins. Untill this change happens haste will be nothing but mediocre. Crit and Versatility are still the best stats.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I did it this tier, worked well enough for me. I'm always ahead of our other DH, and he's a pretty good player.

    Definitely not gonna be worth it for the next tier though, you will already get 15% haste for 8 secs from the tier bonus. Eye beam will be the main focus of the build, so i'm sure we'll go back to Crit/Mastery as our clear winners for secondary stats. I could even see mastery being more important that crit after you reach a certain amount of crit.
    If you were ahead of your other DH, its not because you stacked the wrong stat. It was either because hes a rather bad player, or you are just a better player than him. Stacking Crit IS better than haste, no matter what anyone might "feel". Hard to argue with math.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinth View Post
    If you were ahead of your other DH, its not because you stacked the wrong stat. It was either because hes a rather bad player, or you are just a better player than him. Stacking Crit IS better than haste, no matter what anyone might "feel". Hard to argue with math.
    Why bring up such a baseless argument out of the blue? I never said anything about haste being better than crit, never said anything about stacking haste while completely ignoring crit which is outright the most important stat for havoc. Gear pieces have 2 secondary stats, all my gear until recently had crit/haste except some tier pieces.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-10-14 at 08:20 AM.

  12. #12
    Depending on my stats I will sometimes have haste simming higher than crit. I don't ever gem or enchant for haste... but at times haste is more valuable. Personally, I run with anywhere from 18-28% depending on my spec and gear. Keep in mind haste goes up value significantly when running Demonic with Chaos Theory. I'm simming around 1.57m running the standard raid build with shoulders/anger. With demonic and gear swapping to ST itemsets (in m+) I sim around 1.52m with Chaos Theory/Anger. Haste has a much higher value than when I take chaos theory off for sephuz/raddons due to the extra blade dances from CT.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral HeiAggra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mardum
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Sup everyone. So right now i'm 9/9H and 4/9M on my Havoc DH and although i'm always top of the dps charts at the start of the boss fights, once my prepot and herois wear off, i feel like my damage takes a huge dips. My stats on my DH are 51%crit, 14% haste, and 30 mastery. I wanted to know if maybe going haste will increase my auto attacks therefore generating more fury? Has anyone tried this yet?
    Too low on haste, if u have 4M bosses how you only have 51 crit???
    I have 53,23 Crit, 20.41 haste, 26.15 mastery and 8.31 versa with 931 ivl
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2017-10-25 at 12:35 PM.

  14. #14
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    48
    Here's a simple rule of thumb: If you have at least 40% crit (unbuffed) and your haste is below about 20 to 22%, haste will b valuable until that point. After which it's value begins to decline drastically. After which vers is better. Mastery is always bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •