View Poll Results: Would you like leveling from 1 to Max to be more Fun and interesting?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    19 45.24%
  • No!

    23 54.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    4,825
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You ignore the part that during leveling (for most classes) every 2nd level you get a spell or a talent. I am talking about why they removed old talent system in first place.

    I mean, this is how the logic goes.

    1. Everyone is using same build as the other player because that's the best talent build
    2. Bilzzard "hides" old talent system and allows only few talents to be used because, that's how it was with old talent system.

    So this is a vivid example how community/players are doing in massive amounts one thing and Blizzard adjust system accordingly. Crying out for old talent trees - just because and saying that leveling until 60 can be engaging is a joke and nostalgic.
    I understand why they removed the old talent system quite well, it had its problems, but totally removing it without replacing it with something else in the leveling experience was a horrible decision. Right now, several classes have these huge gaps in their leveling, where they get absolutely nothing from leveling up for 10-15 lvls. And even when they get a talent, it might be a talent, that have no showable impact on your playstyle or engagement with the game.

    The old talent system atleast required you to stop for a moment or 2 every lvl and put in a point. Sure that point might not matter, but it gave you something to look forward to and that would further down lead to talents, that actually changed a bit in how you play. The leveling experience from 1-100 is right now starving for actual rewards and that feeling of wanting to get just one more lvl is not really that. It does not feel like 100 lvls atm, it feels like 6 really fucking long lvls and then finally 10 new lvls when it comes to Legion content.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

  2. #22
    I could see them taking the passive increases baked into specs back and making them talent "options" that we end up having all of by lvl 120 in order to give a stronger feeling of progression

  3. #23
    Kinda OT, but some level 100 talents really ought to be a level 15 talent... such as Shadow Priest's Legacy of the Void. Levelling without it would suck!

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,281
    I have like 15 characters at 100+ thanks to the pre-Legion Invasions. I honestly can't say I care about talents from 1-60.

  5. #25
    I'd like to say that I voted Yes to your poll. Because on it's own merit I feel I owe it a yes.

    As for everything you said... No, I'd have to give it a hard No. I played through the entirety of vanilla and I do not miss those stupid trees in the slightest. Not like everyone didn't just choose the optimal "cookie cutter" design anyway.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Because it's boring and unnecessarily complex? Like adding 50 10 Strength nodes surely makes the game so much more enjoyable - especially in a game where you don't have stat requirements and where you 100% always follow the one best build. Yea, let's just throw a 500-nodes talent tree at everyone to hide the fact that 95% of it is irrelevant.
    I was explaining this to a friend of mine who is a huge PoE fan, he rage so hard at me) calling me Diablo fanboi, every time i read that PoE talent system is so good and complicate i facepalm myself, it's just smoke and mirrors

  7. #27
    Could be a fun way to keep the artifact system. Minus the endless of course.

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire Wolfrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tarren Mill (EU)
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You can level 1-60 within like... a few hours??
    What is the point investing Blizzard's time in something that irrelevant?
    That is my major point we should make 1 - 60 matter more, so that new players who come to World of Warcraft enjoy playing the game, I have had many friends who just quitted after reaching level 30 or 40, since it just feels like you are Grinding and there is little to none enjoyment (For example Challenging Elite quest, Group quest, Reputations (rewords), engaging dungeons "With out players with Heirlooms" Ecc.)

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wasington State
    Posts
    3,927
    Just go back to the Cataclysm talent trees, they were the best solution... Not filled with needless talents like before, not meaningless "does this fight have AoE or ST?" "choices" like now.

    They were the vanilla talents without all the super weak filler talents that people hated (seriously go look at them in a cata talent calculator, they are all significant effects). If there is one thing Cata did right it was the talent trees.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-14 at 06:48 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Wolfrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tarren Mill (EU)
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Just make the talent trees like Path of Exile


    Ooooh i can already hear the cries of a million angry players.
    there would be a million more who would be happy, and a million more of Vanilla players would return to World of Warcraft.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Just make the talent trees like Path of Exile


    Ooooh i can already hear the cries of a million angry players.
    then everyone just googles the best talent tree for their build. that kind of thing belongs in diablo like 2 had. but blizzard have shown they hope the average player has 60 IQ with diablo 3 and removed all choice.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    then everyone just googles the best talent tree for their build. that kind of thing belongs in diablo like 2 had. but blizzard have shown they hope the average player has 60 IQ with diablo 3 and removed all choice.

    Because wow turning into diablo 3 is better than diablo 2, (which PoE talent trees most certainly are not)

    Id prefer the old talent trees, just fixed and with more stuff to fill in.

    Also, you dont -need- the best talents to perform pretty well either, i for one am doing just fine for my ilvl with as a sub rogue, with DFA, but without Nightstalker or MoS.

  13. #33
    Stood in the Fire Pedrolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    463
    Your poll has little to do with what you say in the post. Sure a vast majority of people wants leveling to be fun and interesting. But you don't ask about your idea. Just a talent system which rewards a point per level, meh, not enought to make the experience fun. Some more changes would be needed to make leveling interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •