Deleted

Mythic+ - Whats comfy for SP?

Hey guys,

New SP here.

When would you start pushing 10s(required ilvl)without being a leecher, but not nesserarily the top performer either(more like the min. requirement for ilvl)? How is SP in general when you are pushing higher levels(with higher gear - are we top/mid/low tier)?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-13 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    Around 910 would be fine in lv10 mythics. If your grp is overgearing 10s, you won't do amazing dps because our ramp up is just so long. In high keys, I think shadow is a little better than average dps spec. Dps is highly situational but shadows utility is better than most specs have. Shadows multidotting is strong and many boss fights have add so ToF is great, burst dps in the other hand sucks really badly. About the great utility, shadow got fine selfhealing, dispersion is pretty good defensive CD, aoe stun, enemy dispel, mass dispel, silece with a long CD tho and shackle undead. Even raid healing CD with lege helm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    Around 910 would be fine in lv10 mythics. If your grp is overgearing 10s, you won't do amazing dps because our ramp up is just so long. In high keys, I think shadow is a little better than average dps spec. Dps is highly situational but shadows utility is better than most specs have. Shadows multidotting is strong and many boss fights have add so ToF is great, burst dps in the other hand sucks really badly. About the great utility, shadow got fine selfhealing, dispersion is pretty good defensive CD, aoe stun, enemy dispel, mass dispel, silece with a long CD tho and shackle undead. Even raid healing CD with lege helm
    So SP is actually top tier in performance with other 3-4 DPS specs(can imagine balance druid being one, some warrior and mage)?

Thats good news

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    So SP is actually top tier in performance with other 3-4 DPS specs(can imagine balance druid being one, some warrior and mage)?

Thats good news
    Sorry but spriests are not top tier for m+. In the m+ invitationals, there were 0 spriests because theres no reason to bring one when you have much better choices. Sure spriest has probably the most utility, but without any burst dps or aoe, its not worth it.

If you plan on pushing high keys, they do get better but only because trash lasts longer.

Deleted
    Packs lasting longer isnt necessarily good for us. It is about packs length compared to the length of a voidform.

On high fortified weeks packs will last 35s, which is bad for us. We want either a complete voidform(inc ramp-up) 1 minute long, which never happens or ...

...Tyrannical weeks were one trash packs dies after 20s, and we can run the same voidform into the next pack with disperse then mindbender to bridge the gap. Then we have surprisingly good dmg on most bosses too.

But at lower dungeons shadow has gotten such a bad rep that now you will rarely get invited to 10-15s

Yeah unfortunately shadow is probably the worst ranged class in M+

Our insane ramp up time, lack of personal CDs compared to other ranged, lack of burst aoe, low movement, and our clunky interupt just make us worse at basically everything in a 5 man scenario when compared with the other ranged.

Not to say you're awful in M+! But in the cutthroat world of pugs you'll have a hard time getting groups.
    (Source: I'm a 947 spriest equipped - but it says 950 in the group finder - and I regularly get declined from 10s)

Save yourself the grief and just heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    Sorry but spriests are not top tier for m+. In the m+ invitationals, there were 0 spriests because theres no reason to bring one when you have much better choices. Sure spriest has probably the most utility, but without any burst dps or aoe, its not worth it.

If you plan on pushing high keys, they do get better but only because trash lasts longer.
    How does shadow priest has the most utility? Just curiosity, as I feel that one big thing that priests are lacking (as a class) in M+ is the lack of utility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    How does shadow priest has the most utility? Just curiosity, as I feel that one big thing that priests are lacking (as a class) in M+ is the lack of utility.
    Actually thinking about it, all priests specs have the same utility besides shadow having vampiric embrace :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Our utility is decent, mind bomb, mass dispel, offensive dispel and quite powerful offhealing, it's mainly just our damage that's not the best due to how it requires pretty specific circumstances. You lose so much as a shadowpriest if there's a gap in between in combat as you will be losing your void form and lingering insanity stacks during those. Also in general burst is just the way to go in mythic+, the higher damage you can pull off in a short window the better and we are just the complete opposite of that.

We can do alright in mythic+ but expect to have to put in a lot more effort than other dps and have a group of friends you run with on voice com as it's important to cordinate pulling and such if you want to do well as shadow, often I'm pulling for the tank just so I can get dots started on the next pack before the current one dies so I don't lose my void form.

Deleted
    if it wasnt for double ring i think i would hate m+ with shadow. but having twins(+double procc trick) and sephuz(+mind bomb) makes me pretty decent on most dungeons as long as its high level. but still, good players on other classes, will probably still own you.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

Thats good news
    The summary there is that they aren't entirely dead weight, they are far from top tier.

Deleted
    Except Dispersion is preferably used as a cd to maintain voidform most of the time.

M+, I would never take a Spriest over most of the others dpsers, even if they are as one guy here was, 950. Their dmg window, as already mentioned by others, is in around the 30 sec+ mark and nothing really lasts that long until you get to really high keys and even then, you will still prefer a demon hunter or most of anything else over spriests because of the instant stuns, proper interrupts, proper defensives etc.
    Our healing cd is also practically useless if your not in voidform and at considerable stacks and able to hit something.

Point short, worst. Go healing for M+, save yourself the trouble. It's a lot of extra effort compared to other dpsers in a M+ as well, you have to tab like a Mfer and follow your APL pin-perfect to do remotely competetive dps, if the adds last long enough. Be prepared to sit around 600-900K, maybe 1.2-1.5M while your companions are 2M+.

Deleted
    i know SPs kinda suck but still curious, do you run mindbender or misery? i guess mindbender since misery wont really help you out on trash dying quickly anyways in +10?

Deleted
    I think ppl use both MB and Misery sucsesfully, depending on dungeon, affixes and lvl. Personally I use MB or PI and never Misery, because I use Twin's lege ring for multitarget situations.