Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me too much of some Indian guy calling me on the phone...

*Heavy indian accent* "Hello, my name is JAMES and I work at microsoft!"

Aliens sending coded messages to their followers in the hallow flat earth.

M...my bad, guys. Looks like I can give infractions outside the forum I moderate.

Just infract-a-banned the other spambot.

I just can't delete the threads, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Aliens sending coded messages to their followers in the hallow flat earth.
    oh god I was not ready for the truth about the earth is flat

This is by far the largest wave I've seen. Previously there were a couple of threads or the front page at worst, but never to this scale.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-10-13 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Hang in there. I'm sure the Gen Discussion mods will start hammering at them shortly.

I'd at least start deleting them if I could, but we actually don't have moderation powers outside our "jurisdictions."
    A simple "generel mod waking up" isn't gonna cut it. These threads are daily now.

Clearly the team behind MMO-C (Not the mods) needs to wake up and do something about it - the problem is getting out of hand and its ruining the forums.

It's beacuse they advertise "black magic" so they probably send spambots to everysite with spells and magic and stuff.

I'm totally not indian.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

What the fuck LOL. Today Baba Ji's spammers have diarrhea. Like 4-5 pages after first are Baba Ji spam.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes aside, its probably because weve been talking about them for the last couple of days. An audience is the literal, exact thing that they desire.

"OMG senpai has noticed me!"

[Spamming intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Reminds me too much of some Indian guy calling me on the phone...

*Heavy indian accent* "Hello, my name is JAMES and I work at microsoft!"
    Really? I always get Alan from "Macroshaft windows computer windows service department company" calling me.

M...my bad, guys. Looks like I can give infractions outside the forum I moderate.

This is vbulletin, right?
    There is a spam delete option where it automatically deletes all other posts/thread started by the banned account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spacebuddha View Post
    for example "Nashik~!!! 【+⁺⑨① ^ 9928979713 】 Love(Problem)Solution MOLVI JI IN Barley "
    Spam, apparently not bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly a bit limited there, hence we're confined within different boards. I've offered the big guys that I would gladly be a spam sweeper as I am always online when it starts, but alas, I may not. I just report a shit ton of spam then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    There is a spam delete option where it automatically deletes all other posts/thread started by the banned account.
    Can't remember if there was. I know there was a multi-tag option but can't remember if a 'Delete all' kinda button.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    depends on the version and if the admin has it set up that way as well as giving mods the privileges to use it. The forum I moderate has 3 different mod levels: Jr mods, regular mods, and super mods. They all have different levels of privileges/actions. On that site a super mod and can go anywhere on the site and perform tasks (ban, edit, infraction, etc). Jr mods and regular mods are limited only to their assigned sections. Jr mods can only give infractions, edit, delete, and move threads.

Deleted
    There's only one viable way, country-wide IP ban for India.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    How many threads popped up? i missed it.
    First few pages.