Deleted

"Haste" breakpoint cap for Ret Paladin (Help)

Dear Sirs,

I would like to know, at which point (%) of haste, Versatility and Critcal ratings starts to shine above haste rating (Simcraft/raidbots)?

I am askin because I have optimize my gear (additional rings/neck/trinkets which I have stored in bag).

legendary: back+belt.

General info from raidbots:

Haste
    Vers
    Crit
    Mastery
    Str

Characther stats (this is just in phase of testing):
    Crit:13292 40%
    Haste: 4251 11%
    Mastery: 5231 37%
    Vers: 6141 13%

Once again, thanks for help!

SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT SIM IT

There are no hard breakpoints. It tends to start losing value in the mid-20%s but there is no hard rule, it all depends on your individual gear. Stat weights are useless trivia. Consider yourself a Raidbotribution Paladin. SIM SIM SIM

edit: wtf you have 11% haste? 12.5% is the only relevant breakpoint right now so at least get that, and then get like 22% so it's remotely playable
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    From my mini experience : At your current state the differences will not be game-changing or a dps breakthrough whatsoever. There are no haste caps in the way they used to be for rets in previous expansions or in the way there are atm for other classes (although i believe this trend is declining in general). Using the back haste was always increasing in value till around 29-30% where it started declining again (most probably since reaching these values would require dropping rest of the stats lower).
    An example : i got an item with a socket the other day. My stat weights were something like 26 for versa and 16 for haste. Simmed the belt with every possible socket in (200 ones versa, haste,crit,mastery) to get a result of ~150 dps difference . I pondered a bit and went with the haste gem since i plan on using the belt for prot as well but w/e you would better go with ilvl and sim your char with a couple of gear sets to see the % of difference. In the end of the day u will find that secondaries don't matter much and ilvl (specially 10 ilvls differences or even 5 without sockets) usually win.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post

There are no hard breakpoints.
    This right here. This is all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    This right here. This is all you need to know.
    Except for 12.5% haste, but that's usually not said because people usually have the good sense to have more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Except for 12.5% haste, but that's usually not said because people usually have the good sense to have more than that.
    You have to try pretty hard to not get any haste at all but ye, you right.

Usually around 20% haste the other stats get ahead but thats no real breakpoint, like my previous posters said

When you're getting closer to 30% haste can gain more value, but it depends on your other stats as well.

Deleted
    Thanks everybody for information.

Changed neck (to haste/vers) and ring (haste/vers) for old one and it's going smooth with 23.7%.

SIM IT

There are no hard breakpoints.
    Well... technically there's one where getting to a certain amount will allow another TV under max Crusade, but the exact amount depends on equipped relics and isn't really relevant with the legiondary Highlord ring equipped.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2017-10-16 at 12:58 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    I can tell that when I simmed my paladin with 29% haste that haste ist my worst stat with vers taking the top

Cant beat a dead horse enough, sim with stat weights everytime you get a new piece of gear, but somewhere in the mid 20s is a safe bet for haste.

Deleted
    11% haste? You are going to want to have a whole lot more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    When you're getting closer to 30% haste can gain more value, but it depends on your other stats as well.
    I noticed this today while simming. I'm around 26% or 27% haste and it's really valuable like 1.37 compared to everything else in the 1.08-1.0 range. But then when I change up my gear the value of haste plummets down to about 0.88 while everything else stays pretty stable in the 1.08-1.0 range.