Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    IIRC they worded that vague enough in that they would be worked on in the future because they weren't as dated as other models.

All things considered with the rate at which we've been getting content I don't feel like they've just been diddling their thumbs.

C'mon man, you know better than that. Nothing about this expansion says they've been giving us the "bare minimum". If anything its the polar opposite, we've gotten sooo much shit this xpac.

I'm not thrilled with how a lot of things worked out, but man did we get a lot of it.

I'm not talking about content. I'm talking about art. And their approach to art updates has not changed one lick. Same glacial pace for visual/model updates as usual. Bane is only getting an update this very next xpac, and god knows Bane has been around for a while.

In fact, the wealth of content is the one reason that has kept me subbed despite irritation with how dated the game looks and how long it takes them to update it visually. There is virtually no excuse why in an expansion all about demons and fel/shadow magic warlocks have sat without updated assets until the very end of the expansion.
    Last edited by Lucrece; Today at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'm not talking about content. I'm talking about art.
    The biggest hindrance to any content creation is art...

The two are mutually inclusive.

There is virtually no excuse why in an expansion all about demons and fel/shadow magic warlocks have sat without updated assets until the very end of the expansion.
    Well to start, demonology's spells are models, and they are for the most part brand new to legion. Fire has also been updated, and aff got its teensy tiny bit of souls animations.

But as far as the larger animation overhaul, to me it seems pretty apparent that they're planning on doing a lot more work on the class and that's why they're waiting until prepatch.

In all probability we're close to a year out for BFA, and we both know it doesn't take them a year to update those animations. That leaves a bunch of assuming an explanation, which to me the most obvious seems that they're reworking the class and it makes no sense to give an animation update to something that's getting overhauled.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The biggest hindrance to any content creation is art...

The two are mutually inclusive.

Well to start, demonology's spells are models, and they are for the most part brand new to legion. Fire has also been updated, and aff got its teensy tiny bit of souls animations.

But as far as the larger animation overhaul, to me it seems pretty apparent that they're planning on doing a lot more work on the class and that's why they're waiting until prepatch.

In all probability we're close to a year out for BFA, and we both know it doesn't take them a year to update those animations. That leaves a bunch of assuming an explanation, which to me the most obvious seems that they're reworking the class and it makes no sense to give an animation update to something that's getting overhauled.
    I'd enjoy my fire updates if it actually applied to green fire and demonbolt also enjoyed a fire update (it didn't, neither on orange fire or finally patching it up to be covered by green fire as well) ;p. Hand of gul'dan remained unchanged, which could also use a nice visual.

I would be very happy to get a sick looking soul fire animation as either destro or demo, updating my green fire and giving us the flaming ember aura back.

Affliction holds the most potential, and I really think giving them the theme of a coven witch-type caster holds real identity separate from shadow priests. Kul'tiras hints at a lot of witch-like magic and haunt themes that affliction could benefit from.

@Lucrece Bruh this is what green fire looked like just 2 xpacs ago: https://youtu.be/XNOA9jEB48Y?t=1m47s (don't watch the first half it'll just make you sad)

They've updated it not that long ago compared to most of the spells that just saw updates. IIRC its been updated twice since that video.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

RIP my soul fire and dark intent begs from raid members ;x.

But, yeah, it's just painful going back to my warlock whenever I'm playing my shadow priest. The animation updates to shadow priest are just too good.