Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Learn to play? Learn to play what? Classes these days are so simple there is nothing to learn. It's a matter of looking up the best talent build on Icy Veins and clicking the buttons. As destro I have exactly two damage reduction abilities, Sacrificial Pact and another one. Both are pretty useless if I can't keep my voidwalker alive and a large amount of mobs start hammering at me.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really tho, cuz using our portal gives a two minute debuff, which is bullshit. It's yet another ability, like Ritual of Summoning, that only exists to help other people out, while being completely useless for ourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean there's three pages of people agreeing with me on that subject, so clearly I have a point.

AHHHHH I know what it is, the bolded bit tells me. The recommended raiding build is probably not the best when soloing so yeah it is a learn to play issue, learn to play the class don't just blindly follow a website.

I got the mount last week because I came back after an extended break a month ago but I didn't even really start to try for that mount until maybe a couple weeks ago after I got the class hall mount on my DK. That was done within the first month back.

It was piss easy too, do some WQ's every day, kill a bunch of shit, done. I'd love to see the sheer volume of salt that would have poured forth if you had attempted the netherwing grind back in BC.

Edit: I bet you hate getting dazed too.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2017-10-15 at 02:03 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Seems to me most of the people complaining are just refusing to do it right, and then whining that it doesn't work. Yes, not every single possible setup for the class is as good as other, more optimal setups. Big surprise. But if you're CHOOSING to go a sub-optimal route in your spec, talents, or play style, that's not the game's fault. The options are there for you to take, if you simply refuse to do so that is 100% on you.

I think OP is just trolling at this point scrolling through these posts.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Rogue had a great movement speed increase in WoD, but that is gone.
    Man, was Burst of Speed cancer. I'm so glad it's gone.

I say this as a Rogue. Awful, awful talent design.

Deleted
    pls close this thread, and go play mage/hunter/owl.

tanky > mobility. let the mobile classes do the shit stuff at encounter. warlocks ignore mechanics and do crazy shit.

Funny reading this thread with the OP being on ignore from past posts. Warlocks are amazingly tanky at the moment. Everything else is L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    We're still being punished for Kil'jaeden's Cunning.
    This is why Lock Mobility (and most other ranged mobility) sucks - SoO destro running around casting anything and everything on the move with out penalty and conpletely destroying everyone in PvE AND PvP - now every caster has been penalised for it...

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    AHHHHH I know what it is, the bolded bit tells me. The recommended raiding build is probably not the best when soloing so yeah it is a learn to play issue, learn to play the class don't just blindly follow a website.

I got the mount last week because I came back after an extended break a month ago but I didn't even really start to try for that mount until maybe a couple weeks ago after I got the class hall mount on my DK. That was done within the first month back.

It was piss easy too, do some WQ's every day, kill a bunch of shit, done. I'd love to see the sheer volume of salt that would have poured forth if you had attempted the netherwing grind back in BC.

Edit: I bet you hate getting dazed too.
    Wait, are there actually people who like getting dazed? Yay, I got dazed! More mobs to fight!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Seems to me most of the people complaining are just refusing to do it right, and then whining that it doesn't work. Yes, not every single possible setup for the class is as good as other, more optimal setups. Big surprise. But if you're CHOOSING to go a sub-optimal route in your spec, talents, or play style, that's not the game's fault. The options are there for you to take, if you simply refuse to do so that is 100% on you.
    So what you're saying is, even though there's several ways to play the class, only one very specific setup is the most effective and you're not performing optimally unless you take that very specific setup? That's great fucking class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    This is why Lock Mobility (and most other ranged mobility) sucks - SoO destro running around casting anything and everything on the move with out penalty and conpletely destroying everyone in PvE AND PvP - now every caster has been penalised for it...
    And I am glad actually. There is definitely such a thing as too much mobility in my opinion and now you can see in a raid environment when DPSing on the move who thinks about their positioning, minimises their movement, uses their tools correctly, stuttersteps and so on.

Back slightly more on topic as this seems to be more about the open world. We have a sprint that is available always and a personal a tank to keep mobs busy (and yes sometimes it dies so you resummon) while we run away. Seems good to me however, there is a reason I always play Affy out of raids as it's just that much suited in my opinion for questing.

- - - Updated - - -

So what you're saying is, even though there's several ways to play the class, only one very specific setup is the most effective and you're not performing optimally unless you take that very specific setup? That's great fucking class design.
    Wow, you actually think all talents are or should be balanced?

That's how it is, and how it's pretty much always been. Don't over-dramatize the fact that all talents/specs/classes are not made equal, they never have been and never will.

I miss having passive out of combat regen it made burning rush feel less shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanky? They die in two hits if voidwalker can't aggro everything or dies.
    Well i too had issues as 880 ilvl shadow priest on argus
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    It really doesn't. Burning Rush gets you where you need to get just fine. The problem is that we have to choose between Burning Rush and our two tankiness talents, but even so we're extremely tanky especially against constant damage, with an almost 1 million shield on top of our health pool we can also soak most shit with ease. Anyway, Burning Rush should be baseline, as it gets chosen 99% of the time anyway. Or move it to a different row, idk, demon skin and especially dark pact are almost dead talents.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-10-15 at 10:44 AM.

Burning rush is a joke where it is, you give up too much survivability for a movement increase.

Warlocks just need an out of combat speed increase to help with running back, dungeons etc. Other than that, I much prefer our current tankiness over anything else. Feels much more warlocky than previous expansions. (Assuming you're affliction).

10+ Year Old Account
    because they took it and gave it to demon hunters.....Demonic Leap NEVER FORGET

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It really doesn't. Burning Rush gets you where you need to get just fine. The problem is that we have to choose between Burning Rush and our two tankiness talents, but even so we're extremely tanky especially against constant damage, with an almost 1 million shield on top of our health pool we can also soak most shit with ease. Anyway, Burning Rush should be baseline, as it gets chosen 99% of the time anyway. Or move it to a different row, idk, demon skin and especially dark pact are almost dead talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Burning rush is a joke where it is, you give up too much survivability for a movement increase.

Warlocks just need an out of combat speed increase to help with running back, dungeons etc. Other than that, I much prefer our current tankiness over anything else. Feels much more warlocky than previous expansions. (Assuming you're affliction).
    This is the problem right here. I'm not affliction. I don't like affliction. I like shooting green fire at my enemies.

Started argus at 910 ~, soloed all rares and mass pulled as destro. Now at 940~ and never find myself having issues other than forgetting to dismiss my pet cos it keeps me in combat.

Do leave combat with lowish health but Fighter chow is awesome.

This is the problem right here. I'm not affliction. I don't like affliction. I like shooting green fire at my enemies.
    That's fine. It's totally understandable for people to want to play particular things due to personal preference. But it's unrealistic to expect that every preference will perform equally well. Some things are more powerful than other things. Perfect balance doesn't exist without complete homogenization (which no one wants). You're free to choose whatever you like, but you have to be mindful of the trade-offs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gateway, Burning Rush, Demonic Circle. Seems alright to me. Also lol if you die in two hits, why are you even using a voidwalker, if you are doing solo content, use the infernal smh

7+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks like ele shamans are suppoed to be stationary atillery pieces. Warlocks are big ass mortars while ele shamans are machine guns.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.