Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion makes me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say out of every MMO, since that'd be an unrealistic statement to make. I'd have to know
    EVERY MMO and EVERY expansion that's ever come out before I could make that remark.

In terms of Warcraft though, I would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Meh. It was the best. Though, that doesn't make it good. None of the Expansions were good.

TBC Was just Nostalgia, but it was shittier than MoP.

Wrath was over-hyped. As shit as Cata.

Cata is above WoD in terms of how good it was. But, that's only because Cata had an ending.

MoP makes me want to facepalm my way to the Twisting Nether.

And WoD isn't an Expansion. It's a Mega-Patch.

Legion is not good, either. But, it has good things to it:

1. Story. It's cool.

2. Sargeras, and Argus. They did these fuckers justice. They made Sargeras intimidating, and they made Argus have a purpose.

3. Illidan teaching the Army of Light how to not be so shit.

4. Velen actually saying more than "Light, bless us".

5. Kil'jaeden having his doubts.

And 6. The Fall of the biggest threat in Warcraft.

Oh, and the Music and Art are...neat. Also loving the Titans, and the Artifacts.

Now, for the bads:

Titanforging, RNG, 7.2, Suramar, The Sylvanas/Genn Arc, Anduin, Vol'jin, The Ho---who?, Alleria's story (Seems a bit rushed for me), Hatuun, Turalyon, Xe'ra, the Light, and more.

So, lemme rate it:

Legion- 4/10.

MoP- 2/10.

Cata- 1/10.

Wrath- 2.5/10.

TBC- 2/10.

And now, WoD- -1/10.

But, i'm going to rate Vanilla.

Vanilla- 4/10. Why? Cause, it shaped Warcraft.

Now, for the other games (Cause, I can).

Diablo- 0/10. (Forgot what it was).

Starcraft- 0.5/10. (Fuck that ending).

Overwatch- 0.3/10 (TFT is better).

Hearthstone- -1/10 (Litterally like Magic: The Gathering).

And, lastly, HoTS- 0.01/10. (Litterally Dota/LoL...just...Blizzard).

- - - Updated - - -

I like Warcraft for some things, but it has a LOT wrong with it.

It's only my Opinion. Disagree with me, if ya want.
    I mean, your scales are what...
    CoD 10/10?
    Candy Crush Saga 9/10?

You're free to have your opinion but I find your grading scheme to be worse than titanforging
    And for the record the Suramar story and the whole zone design was great!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-10-14 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I mean, your scales are what...
    CoD 10/10?
    Candy Crush Saga 9/10?

You're free to have your opinion but I find your grading scheme to be worse than titanforging
    And for the record the Suramar story and the whole zone design was great!
    Call of Duty: -10/10.

And, Candy Crush: -5/10.

I hate boring games. Those games are not only boring, but too overhyped.

Are you high? It actually makes me miss WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    let alone of ANY mmo
    Well, WoW's expansions can reasonably be said to be better than ALL other games' anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have to admit, ive been having a ton of fun in this expansion, and the only other expansion in WoW's history that has come close to keeping my attention on the game as well as Legion has is TBC. That being said, I think there can be made a good argument for Legion being one of the best expansions of ANY mmo out there on the market.

Things that keep me playing:

• Replayability - Tons of stuff to do, and even more if you have alts
    • Gameplay - Blizzard was spot on with the gameplay of the expansion from a mechanics perspective
    • Fun, yet challenging - The game strikes a perfect balance between being too easy, and challenging. Several of the outdoor areas can be challenging without decent gear
    • Outdoor PvP - Love the world quest outdoor PvP areas. Especially the Blackrook arena and bearback brawl in Stormheim
    • Raids - Some of the best the game has ever seen
    • Lore - Story has been superb and its tied very well this expansion
    • Dungeons - Mythic+, what more needs to be said?

Overall I rate Legion 9.9/10 and A++. I'm excited for what Blizzard has in store after Legion as well.
    while i agree that it's a decent expansion let's not forget that

with replayability comes tons of tedius grind, especially if you have alts (no legendary catchup for alts, is like one of the worst things this game has ever had)

a lot of classes got a lot less fun in terms of gameplay (at least mine sure did, and it's not even subjective, they took away our best abilities and it took them almost a year to give some of it back)

while it is usually fun and challenging, it also included one of the most aids mythic endbosses ever to exist

the outdoor pvp zones are indeed fun, unless you run into a tank

while I agree that nighthold and ToV are great raids, emerald nightmare was a joke, and ToS has major issues

while there were some cool lore moments, some of it was blatant retcon, and some of it didnt even make sense

mythic+ are indeed great, no real argument there other than the balance between affixes is still very iffy

legion is the prime example of an expansion having tons of fantastic ideas, but some of them being botched severely

I knew this was going to be a Jaylock thread, who else loves to make these threads where everyones opinions differ so much. And no its not the best, not any even the best WoW expansion. Classic, TBC, WotLK and even MoP are way better.

Glad you brought up repeatability of content because that is legions truest strength. Coming off wod it certainly seems like the most significant upgrade from any mmo but I haven't played any others.

Problem is, if you examine the three big expansions in legion, tbc, and mop you quickly realize that they all were prolific because what preceded them was a very minimal product.

Let's see if 8.0 can keep up the torrid pace legion established.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Outdoor PvP are just rogues with their legendaries 1-2 shotting people.

Legion is probably on my second or third place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quality post.

So many people are biting, it makes me quite sad.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Jeeeez...I almost feel sorry how much of your life you wasted playing Blizzard games that are all shit....according to your standards.

But only almost and not really.

Not only disliking the company..but also every game. You know...usually people just quit after they find they dislike one game..or two? But you are playing every bloody Blizzard game and hating them? And still keep buying and hating them?

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is...you replied...so technically you "fell for him"...it is what Jaylock does best....
    That's just it. After Antorus, i'm not going to play WoW that much anymore. Maybe, i'll come on every few months or so. But, i'm done pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Quality post.

So many people are biting, it makes me quite sad.
    ^

Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Well, WoW's expansions can reasonably be said to be better than ALL other games' anyway.
    would have to strongly disagree on that.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah no...

Quite possibly I'd say really

Even for all it's flaws,the pros outweigh a lot of it and overall.....

Wait a second,we're on MMO-champion,my bad
    "HURR DURR {Current expansion} IS THE WORST EXPANSION EVER IN ANY GAME OF THE LAST 10 CENTURIES"
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2017-10-14 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Typo :<

No, hell no and fucking lol Jaylock thread.

Legion isn't even the best expansion to come out for World of Warcraft, let alone the whole MMO industry. The best expansion frankly has to go to Stormblood or Heart of Thorns at this point. Legion pales in comparison to SB's replayability and frankly GW2's end game progression has always beat the shit out of Warcrafts.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    A chef prepares the finest food plate with the best organic ingredients and uses cooking techniques that preserve all of the nutritional value of the meal. Then goes ahead and garnishes the plate with a smelly, brown, twirling turd. Would you eat it?

The above story describes what kind of expansion Legion is. I tried to eat the food around the turd, but at some point it became intolerable. The turd was (and still is, but it seems people love turds) the prominent and multi-layered RNG on almost every aspect of reward in the game. Legion is the expansion that made me quit WoW after a 12 year non-stop sub (no, not a single break). So it cannot be the best expansion for WoW, and further from any MMO.

And yeah, shitty Jaylock thread.
    /spit@Blizzard

We can't decide on a "best" expansion subjectively. In terms of statistics though, considering that WoW has been on a steady decline in recent years, Legion has been doing pretty well.

With that said, Wrath is still the best expansion in terms of statistics.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    Its not even the best wow expansion so...........

tbc>>>>>wotlk>early cata>legion>mop>cata>wod