Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Too bad there wasn't a good guy with a gun to deal with the threat.

The obvious solution to this is arming school buses with 50 caliber machine guns and rocket launchers /s

Deleted
    How those shit like this happen in the USA
    People keep stating homiciderates rather then situations involving firearms with or without lethal results.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    what did the kids do to deserve to be punished like that?
    Was thinking the same freaking thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread/page2391 - Have fun.

On topic.. What kind of idiot starts firing a gun in a petrol station..
    How to answer this question without hurting some people's feelings and believes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The obvious solution to this is arming school buses with 50 caliber machine guns and rocket launchers /s
    Don't forget the aircraft support.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    And what exactly would change in this scenario with tougher gun laws and/or an outright ban?
    If there was a ban, where would they find these guns? The don't grow in fields or something. They'd need to be manufactured and smuggled in, which would dramatically raise the cost of the gun, probably outside the reach of felon gangbangers. That's how gun bans work, we've seen it in every country that has done so. There, of course, would still be some criminals with the means to purchase an illegal firearm, but most gun crime would diminish greatly. The only issue is, with the number of guns in America, it would be a next to impossible undertaking to ban guns and collect all firearms.

(Note: I'm not advocating for a ban, but to suggest that a ban would do nothing, is just dishonest.)
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

NRA logic: More people need guns to prevent things like this. Preferably everyone should have two guns, so he can keep both shooters under control.

So...which one of them was the good guy with the gun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    If there was a ban, where would they find these guns? The don't grow in fields or something. They'd need to be manufactured and smuggled in, which would dramatically raise the cost of the gun, probably outside the reach of felon gangbangers. That's how gun bans work, we've seen it in every country that has done so. There, of course, would still be some criminals with the means to purchase an illegal firearm, but most gun crime would diminish greatly. The only issue is, with the number of guns in America, it would be a next to impossible undertaking to ban guns and collect all firearms.

(Note: I'm not advocating for a ban, but to suggest that a ban would do nothing, is just dishonest.)
    I think you are overestimating how difficult it is to make a firearm... A couple thousand in machining tools can let you manufacture a firearm in the comfort of your own home... Criminals would turn to this (not make the guns themselves, but turn to criminal manufacturers), they would still have plenty of guns available.

Also, with how many illegal drugs flood over our borders, you know damn well firearms would be right alongside them if there was demand for it, and there would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    neither, they were both already criminals before this event even occurred.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    NRA logic: More people need guns to prevent things like this. Preferably everyone should have two guns, so he can keep both shooters under control.
    Yup.. that is about how that said it. More guns would apparently stop crimes with guns..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    What kind of idiot starts firing a gun in a petrol station..
    Most gun owners are trained marksman. The pumps were never in danger of being hit.

I hope they both lose their right to own guns from this bullshit. So many lives were put at risk by this it isn't even funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Most gun owners are trained marksman. The pumps were never in danger of being hit.
    Most, but obviously not these guys.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yea just look at the Las Vegas shooter. He was a well-trained marksman as well.
    That guy was fucking scary.. maybe trained and prepared, even though family claims he wasn't that kind of person.

10+ Year Old Account
    This dude should become the poster child for gun control, but sadly most of the country has already forgotten about Vegas and are back on Kardhashian drama.
    Nope, won't be so easy for me. Had a friend who was at that concert, actually, luckily unharmed but apparently still scared by it.

pretty obvious who did it, throw the book at the perp, even death penalty. no reason to punish law abiding citizens over this
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    NRA: This is why we need to arm schoolkids

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I think you are overestimating how difficult it is to make a firearm... A couple thousand in machining tools can let you manufacture a firearm in the comfort of your own home... Criminals would turn to this (not make the guns themselves, but turn to criminal manufacturers), they would still have plenty of guns available.

Also, with how many illegal drugs flood over our borders, you know damn well firearms would be right alongside them if there was demand for it, and there would be.
    I hope you're being intentionally obtuse by equating policing illegal ownership of guns, that are as common as candy, to policing the actual manufacturing of firearms.

Illegal drugs 'flood' over pretty much every border in the world but no country has a gun problem remotely similar to the US. Of course there would still be firearms and some criminals would still have them but considering no country produces as many guns as the US, a total ban would drastically decrease the availability and significantly increase the cost (not just for the US either). Regardless of how many were smuggled in it would be, just plain and simple, harder to obtain a gun AND easier to police.

not one child on that bus had access to a fire arm to stop the armed men??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    not one child on that bus had access to a fire arm to stop the armed men??
    Secretary of Education DeVos is working on that because ... grizzly bears. Now I'm just embarrassed to ask how Canadian children deal with grizzlies since there's a larger bear population up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Current situation in the USA is fine. Homicides by firearm are a very tiny fraction of the Population as been stated before.
    And terrorist attacks make up an even smaller number of deaths.

So you're basically saying that these things are "part and parcel" of living in America?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how it would change, but almost anything is better than the current situation USA has. It's ridiculous how things are at the moment. How many people have to die before we start to look at changing things. Hand waving at this point is almost as bad as the actual shooters imo, they are being enabled by people like you on a daily basis.
    And you are in Mexico? What an odd statement since your country is literally a warzone.