The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thrash/Mangle incarnation spam

Hey fellow Druids!

Ok, So I've read a lot online when it comes to druids, And the concensus seems to be, when incarnation is up, spam Thrash, But whenever I test this on dummies/Real fights, Mangle seems to be far superior, doing a lot more DPS with a lot less casts, I'd assume the best way to do it would be spam Thrash to max stacks, then mangle spam? Or is it just that with 3 Thrash relics and Luffas it then becomes superior?

Feel like i'm missing something!

Thanks.

Look at log.
    Look at mangle dmg
    Look at Thrash dmg * 1.17 (roughly)

Whichever is bigger, hit that.

For me it is Thrash.

Deleted
    With either thrash relics or luffa, it should be thrash. The more precise version is like captain Fizz said. The multiplier comes from the Pawsitive Outlook trait.

Do not compare tooltip values, because thrash isn't affected by armor, while mangle is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Look at log.
    Look at mangle dmg
    Look at Thrash dmg * 1.17 (roughly)

Whichever is bigger, hit that.

For me it is Thrash.
    Between Thrash bypassing armour and extra procs, i think it's closer to 30%.

Deleted
    If you look at the log, the armor thing is already included

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    If you look at the log, the armor thing is already included
    Ah, right. Missed the log thing. Or misread it as tooltip somehow.

Thrash pierces armor? Just the DoT or the initial too? AFAIK there's nothing in-game that even says this so it's news to my ears.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The initial hit too, it all counts as "bleed" damage.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    The initial hit too, it all counts as "bleed" damage.
    Rip me, I wasn't aware bleed damage had 100% ArP. With bleeding piercing and most melee doing a ton of magical damage, it makes me wonder why Armor even exists
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Rip me, I wasn't aware bleed damage had 100% ArP. With bleeding piercing and most melee doing a ton of magical damage, it makes me wonder why Armor even exists
    Probably pvp things. No real use for it in pve.

Edit: And there is this issue of giving tanks a stat they can scale with.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    To annoy Outlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Between Thrash bypassing armour and extra procs, i think it's closer to 30%.
    you still only multiply by 1.18 because the 0.18 is already accountability for Pawsitive procs (including from Pawsitive procs).

you also don't account for armor penetration again because the number you see on your damage meter is already the final result of Thrash damage, regardless of how many different kind of modifier it went through.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    you still only multiply by 1.18 because the 0.18 is already accountability for Pawsitive procs (including from Pawsitive procs).

you also don't account for armor penetration again because the number you see on your damage meter is already the final result of Thrash damage, regardless of how many different kind of modifier it went through.
    Which i already acknowledged 6 posts ago, yes.