Deleted

Affliction talents for this week MM+

Hey you guyyyyyyyyys!

I'm a returning warlock and am a bit confused when it comes to talent builds for this week's affixes: teeming + fortified.

I'm a bit hesitating between several builds, including the ones below:

Absolute Corruption + Seeds (+ MG / GoSup)

OR

Contagion + Seeds (+ MG / GoSup)

OR

something else....

I actually have some doubts over a couple of other talents:

#1 is Malefic Grasp mandatory all the time? Isn't it a week to use Writhe instead?
    #2 Is Empowered life tap of any use in AOE? I kinda like it for world content....
    #3 Is GoSup too punishing when it comes to boss damage for not considering it this week?

I know the answers depend on gear ilevel, team comp and keys level. I range keys between 10 and 15 most of the time, I'm a 926 ilevel most likely playing with strong AOE specs buddies.

Thansk in advance guys!

Deleted
    I always run contagion for boss damage. Fortified doesn't mean that there are no bosses, it just means they die a little faster.

#1 Personally, I always run MG. Writhe just doesn't seem to be worth the lost boss / focus dps
    #2 ELT is cancer and I try to avoid it whereever I can. On bigger pulls, it would probably pull ahead, but as soon as you get into higher keys (18+) you won't do those anyway as much. Besides, most of the higher keys require more defensive play. Having to sacrifice a portion of your health just to keep the maintenance buff up can be VERY inconvenient at times (e.g., HoV trash packs).
    #3 Why would GoSup be punishing on boss damage? You can simply switch demons for trash vs. boss.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    #3 Why would GoSup be punishing on boss damage? You can simply switch demons for trash vs. boss.
    I meant GoSac my bad ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mihlla View Post
    Hey you guyyyyyyyyys!

I'm a returning warlock and am a bit confused when it comes to talent builds for this week's affixes: teeming + fortified.

I'm a bit hesitating between several builds, including the ones below:

Absolute Corruption + Seeds (+ MG / GoSup)

OR

Contagion + Seeds (+ MG / GoSup)

OR

something else....

I actually have some doubts over a couple of other talents:

#1 is Malefic Grasp mandatory all the time? Isn't it a week to use Writhe instead?
    #2 Is Empowered life tap of any use in AOE? I kinda like it for world content....
    #3 Is GoSup too punishing when it comes to boss damage for not considering it this week?

I know the answers depend on gear ilevel, team comp and keys level. I range keys between 10 and 15 most of the time, I'm a 926 ilevel most likely playing with strong AOE specs buddies.

Thansk in advance guys!
    I usually only do 13-16 keys so bare that in mind.

1. MG is not mandatory at all. People seem to be split on whether you should go MG or WiA with Seeds. Either work in my opinion but I currently lean towards MG (with ELT). This week I will be mostly seeding due to teeming/fortified but If I do not take seeds depending on my dungeon, group or even mood then I nearly always go WiA-Cont for multidot fun.

2. I am probably in a minority but I do think that ELT has a place on heavy AoE weeks as long as the incoming damage is not too high and there isn't an affix such as Grievous. Contagion seems pointless to me if I spend so little time UAing and I am not concerned about having too little boss damage. I haven't actually tried AC.

3. Always GoSup in my opinion. GoSac is weaker damage and you lose your utility (and one easier way to proc Sephuz).

Ultimately play around and see what fits you and this is just what has seemed to work for me the best so far, it's perhaps overall not the optimal set up.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-10-18 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who only really do m+ for the weekly 10 nowadays, Malefic Grasp/Contagion/Sow the Seeds/Supremacy/Soul Counduit has been working out well for most keys. It's probably very rarely the optimal build, though.

Always MG, Cont, Seeds, GoSup, Conduit,

Obviously some dungeons like Upper you can run PS.

You should watch Sjeletyven1 on twitch

He push a lot of keys of all kind, +10, +20 and more and always display in the UI his talent+trinket+legendaries

Pretty informative

the main choice is between ELT/Sow and Contagion/harvest imo; I rarely run writhe in five mans cause there's always single target mobs or priority targets to kill (and obviously bosses, even on fortified.) This particular week it probably makes sense to go ELT/Sow, but tbh I kinda despise the ELT maintenance buff so I just stick with contagion.

you should always use supremacy, and just use the infernal for trash/2+ mob fights.

absolute corruption is maybe useful if you know your group is gonna be pulling big and kiting (in which case you'd pair it with the ring). but in general meh

Deleted
    For weeks where the trash is buffed (fortified/teeming) and you're doing a trash heavy dungeon with lots of seed aoeing I'd use ELT over Contagion. Congation is useless when it comes to aoe. ELT on the other hand buffs your seed damage and corruption/agony dmg by 10%. And it still performs okish at bosses, obviously dealing 5% less dmg than Contagion, however having 100% uptime.