10+ Year Old Account

How does it run?

How does the game run these days?

I've always played on a high end PC, and this game always ran shit, because of the butchered Hero Engine.

Examples...
    Lag on mount/dismount.
    Occasional weird GCD.
    Terrible draw distance, I don't like seeing grass pop up out of nowhere. Black Desert does have it far worse though.
    Lag in crowded places.

Last time I played, I basically counted all these problem as non fixable, and you just have to become accustomed to them.

Thinking about playing again, because it's Star Wars.

Oh and has Mako returned in the story?

Over the years the game has received a number of optimizations.

So not knowing just how long ago you played I'll tell you this.

It probably plays the best it ever has right now when it comes to lag, the old missing a GCD hasn't been around in years and as far as draw distance goes I think that too was increased in a patch many patches ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I played was the chapter for Kaliyo Djannis.

Just checked, think that was Feb 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Last time I played was the chapter for Kaliyo Djannis.

Just checked, think that was Feb 2016.
    I'd have to say if you haven't already done it in the past 3 months I think it is. Grab someones referral code and give it another free week and see if it's better for you at this point.

Only real way to tell is to try.

Last time I played, it ran fine...but my machine is relatively high end (i7 quad core w/ 32gb of RAM + 4gb vram (GTX 760)) and the game is installed on an SSD. This machine is almsot 3 years old (give or take a few months) and TOR has always run fine for me.

The game is still poorly optimized and requires a machine that's 10x more powerful than it should be to run it smoothly at max settings. However, the game is going on 6 years old now so most current gen PC's meet that requirement and the game has gone through some tune ups that optimize it better (but it's still not even close to good).

If you have a machine that uses current gen parts (just meaning parts that you can still buy now, not necessarily new stuff) and components you should have absolutely no issues running it on high, if not max. Shadow effects really kill the FPS on this game though as it's the most poorly optimized part of it, so as long as you're OK with little or no dynamic shadows you should be able to run everything else at max.

Deleted
    On a decent computer it's running pretty smoothly even on high graphics. Loading screens and stuff are much shorter than what they used to be a few years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    My machine is high end, and overall the game never ran poorly, just the few hiccups I mentioned.

I've been playing again and got lots of chapters to get through, so that's good so far.

They've added ultra to grass render distance which makes it more pleasant on the eye.

So about Mako, does she return at all in the stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    My machine is high end, and overall the game never ran poorly, just the few hiccups I mentioned.

I've been playing again and got lots of chapters to get through, so that's good so far.

They've added ultra to grass render distance which makes it more pleasant on the eye.

So about Mako, does she return at all in the stories?
    not so far
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    not so far

runs max'd at 60 (likely higher if i had a higher fps monitor) 4770k, 980, 16 gb ram.

had to do window'd borderless to stop stutters tho