Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Not sure the textures are animated, could just be two texture layers with one increasing and decreasing in opacity, or just manipulating emissive/diffuse values or lightmap properties.

Also, wasn't the old water effect an animated texture?
    The void stuff is definitely animated.

I think water was its own thing entirely, even before they switched to the new one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It seems they can now animate textures. That could be interesting for Old God stuff, make their skin look like it's moving or has stuff crawling under it.

They could even replace some of the cheap looking spell effects, such as mobs having a layer of red paint on them when enraged, by making their skin turn red instead.

I wonder if it can be applied to gear. Having a cloak with an animated texture of smoke or fire would be dope.
    If they can make skin look like its crawling and save the effect for a big reveal on a raid boss... oh mama. Everyone's heads would explode lol.

and omg. Ive been waiting for some cloak upgrades for forever. Last time i was super pumped for cloaks was in cata (with all the new textures). Legion gave us some more belt tassels, and glove/boot doodads. Which is cool and all, but a cloak that glows in the middle or has embers glowing on the bottom would look fantastic. Id even be ok with a tattered cloak (ala arthas style).

They definitely have more spell effects up their sleeves (if you havent seen Argus the Unmaker on the ptr and dont mind spoiling it for yourself, i recommend it. Jawdropping spells on that one, i feel like i shouldve waited til i played it on live lol.)