Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    In 2013 researchers at the University of Michigan looked at the electrical signals inside the brains of nine anaesthetised rats having an induced heart attack.

They saw activity patterns which are linked to a “hyper-alerted state” in the brief period after clinical death.
    Did the scientists account for induction of a heart attack in their claim of a 'hyper-alert state'?

If you can dream or even have sleep paralysis in this state that'd explain every "post-death experience" anyone has ever had.

Not a revelation I'm a fan of. When I sit down to write a will the first thing that's going on there is "destroy the brain, it's the only way to be sure."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    In my criminal law class I learnt that death is defined by the necrosis of the brain. Brain death = actual death, and in that case the mind cannot think. The stopping of the heart itself does not necessarily mean death, unless the brain is dead as well. I believe people in the medical faculty can confirm.
    This. There are still biological functions happening when the heart stops. I've had patients with severe heart attacks present to the ER and never lose consciousness so I guess they were 'undead'?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Anyone who is a who fan knows what clinically dead people think. Three. Fucking. Words.
    "Ouch, that hurt."
    "Wow, this sucks."
    * Binging world of warcraft * "Five more minutes..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    You forgot to link the source. It’s an important bit. Because this seems a tad unreliable and sketchy.
    Yes sorry, was from the independent.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a8007101.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If you can dream or even have sleep paralysis in this state that'd explain every "post-death experience" anyone has ever had.

Not a revelation I'm a fan of. When I sit down to write a will the first thing that's going on there is "destroy the brain, it's the only way to be sure."
    The walking dead
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-10-19 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hehe true takes a while for the brain to register death, though that's what scares me the most that everything just goes blank, no thinking nothing. Guess it will be like before we where born also blank, damn
    Like drifting off to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I like how everyone suddenly became a Phd neurologist or something and know exactly how the brain works "yea doh, isn't it obvious?".
    Sometimes science is "obvious" -- except that now it's been shown scientifically, which is important both in terms of verifying it and as a jumping-off point for further research. There are a lot of things that were "obvious" in our history that have been proven wrong. They're still often worth researching, even if snarky people will reply with "GOSH SO OBVIOUUUSSS."
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I have when i had tumours removed along with my ovaries, it aint so bad it just goes abit cold then you phase away you wont even register it.
    Did you feel physical pain for awhile?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Anyone who is a who fan knows what clinically dead people think. Three. Fucking. Words.
    I'm not a fan but is it "Am I dead?"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I'm not a fan but is it "Am I dead?"
    No, it's "don't cremate me"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    No only felt cold briefly before phasing away didnt feel a thing.
    That's a relief yet so depressing. Did you feel despair, acceptance, or any emotions at all? Did you try to resist?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I want to be cremated
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is why I want to be cremated
    Cremated alive?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Cremated alive?
    sure why not, lets make it a nuke
    #boycottchina