Thread: A Loot Box Rant

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    If you buy a legendary then the dupe protection should prevent you from getting a repeat unless you have em all already. I can't even remember the last time I got a legendary dupe.
    Oh, right. Well there's still the problem of having to wait until the last day or you might waste a lot of credits(you might've gotten the skin for free if you didn't just buy it).

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Oh, right. Well there's still the problem of having to wait until the last day or you might waste a lot of credits(you might've gotten the skin for free if you didn't just buy it).
    It sucks yes but we have to see it from Blizzard's perspective as well. Impatient people will tend to buy more lootboxes and that's how they get most of their profits. Removing duplicate occurrence was a great addition though!
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

Maybe they could allow direct purchases for certain skins but that's coming from someone who care little about cosmetics. Of all the things to charge, have it all be cosmetic. Gameplay remaining untouched by microtransactions is fine in my book.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got all the Hallowe'en things, so no complaints here. Didn't buy any boxes, but had enough credits to pick up Zen and Ana skins, and the last 2-3 RIP poses but everything else dropped fine.

OW is a $40 game that is consistently updated with new characters, modes, and maps. You never have to pay a dime more in order to access all of that. Loot boxes are 100% cosmetic and affect gameplay in no way whatsoever. They want people to buy these cosmetic loot boxes in order to support the game and keep all these updates free for all, hence why they typically make the skins cool and disireable. If you choose not to buy them, then yes, you will have to grind in order to get them and you will probably have to accept the fact you most likely won't be able to collect all the skins - and guess what? That's perfectly okay. Imo, this is the ideal monetization system for a video game. It absolutely boggles my mind people still manage to complain about OW's lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Bought the 50 box pack and got every skin. Easy Peasy
    I don't believe for a second that you got every skin including Legendaries from buying 50 boxes. Because even on launch there were a large amount of skins outside of the Origins ones.

You would have had to get a Legendary skin at least every few boxes to guarantee that. And considering the new system of a guaranteed one after a certain amount of boxes wasn't in yet this just further provides me with disbelief. And even post addition there is no way in hell the guaranteed system kicked in for you every few boxes.

And let's say you bought 50 boxes now post legendary improvements. That's 200 items since 50X4= 200. Please tell me how did you get around 242 obtainable skins from 200 obtainable items?

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Skins

So you either had a majority of the skins or you are outright lying here. But since you said "every" skin I'll assume it's the latter.

I get some people think the system is fine but this is just going all out to make it sound like the OP has no valid critique on the matter. Basically trying to shovel any issues under the dirt.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-08 at 10:06 PM.