Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    We would be engineering the human future
    Yep. With CRISPR instead of sexual intercourse. Like I said, we can be pickier now, hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Yep. With CRISPR instead of sexual intercourse. Like I said, we can be pickier now, hooray!
    except it seems to have about as much accuracy as the previous eugenics methods... with long term side effects that we have yet to understand

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    except it seems to have about as much accuracy as the previous eugenics methods... with long term side effects that we have yet to understand
    Kinda like sexual reproduction via sexual intercourse was back in the day before science became a thing. So?

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Kinda like sexual reproduction via sexual intercourse was back in the day before science became a thing. So?
    ....that was the implication....

thank you for catching the point. This is NOT that much more accurate than banging some one cause they look like they might have nice genes. At least in that way they aren't introducing virus born measures to break up (and hopefully reassemble) some genetic code (that doesn't only aim for expected targets but anything close to looking like it). Oh and I forgot to mention that the altering process may fuck up and remain active for what may be decades... yeah still have that shit in you for 10+ years and it's still going to town on you.

This is not something that's going to see wide use in our lifetime unless they've already been fucking around with it behind the scenes for the last couple decades.

i mean, i wish people would stop having kids in the first place. nobody can consent to birth.

i just want these motherfuckers to hurry up and be able to alter a living adult's genetic code so we can like regrow limbs and teeth and shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suspect you might need your understanding of reproduction correct a lot.

Using the code, using the system that's been worked out over hundreds of millions of years is what people normally play with. That is - they are just using the operating system as designed.

CRISPR modifies the source code itself, it bypasses all the things that have been tested for a very long time.
    Idiotic arguments like this aside, I know that if my parents had the option to make me a better, stronger, smarter, and all around superior human, I'd be fucking PISSED if they didn't do it. I'd be even more pissed if they didn't because some whiny bitch going on with ridiculously stupid arguments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    ....that was the implication....

thank you for catching the point. This is NOT that much more accurate than banging some one cause they look like they might have nice genes. At least in that way they aren't introducing virus born measures to break up (and hopefully reassemble) some genetic code (that doesn't only aim for expected targets but anything close to looking like it). Oh and I forgot to mention that the altering process may fuck up and remain active for what may be decades... yeah still have that shit in you for 10+ years and it's still going to town on you.

This is not something that's going to see wide use in our lifetime unless they've already been fucking around with it behind the scenes for the last couple decades.
    And again, so? My mom deciding to bang my dad to make me is the same thing as my mom deciding to use CRISPR to make me. Either way, I don't get to consent to ANY of the side effects that could happen to me. But with CRISPR, my mom can be pickier then just thinking "well he's hot, I will make one with him!".
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-10-22 at 04:53 AM.