Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajat View Post
    Not blaming the game itself.

Blizzard does like to lie, often.

For instance, about Arcanocrystal - "We don't want to nerf something players already have."
    Ok, fair point...
    ...except they nerf legenaries in the same time.

Ok, legendaries, OP! So let's nerf dungeon items.

Say, Drape of Shame? YEAH, nerf!

When (IF) is Blizzard going to stop lying?

They employ quite a few competent designers.

It is sad that they are not allowed to express themselves.
    It isn't called lying, some changes has to happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It isn't called lying, some changes has to happen.
    Obviously, changes need to happen.

But in case of boosts and nerfs, they are erradical and inconsistent.

Not telling the truth isn't the same as lying when you have a lawyer designing things.

Think of it more a slight of hand...with words!

For instance, about Arcanocrystal - "We don't want to nerf something players already have."
    Ok, fair point...
    That isn't a lie at all. They didn't say they don't nerf gear players already have, they said that they don't like to.

Ok, fair point...

Tbh I think yours is a bad example, ofc they nerf items like legendaries or drape of shame if literally a class cannot function without it or the performance disparity is drastic. As much as arcano is a coveted "BIS" most classes who still use arcano can somewhat do fine without it with plethora of primary + secondary stat sticks and other trinkets. Some legendaries were miles above that, look havoc dh fury ring, got nerfed 3 times over and it's still good, now imagine how good it was before all the nerfs?

They need to gouge what is worse - nerfing OP shit players have and are gonna throw a fit about losing their OP shit, or not nerfing the OP shit and players who cannot get it throw a fit now they're "unviable" without x item, sub cancelled, etc. etc. You cannot satisfy both groups at once.

Still there are some things that Blizzard blatantly lied about, but they're different things. Remember stuff like "patch 6.2 is the biggest patch ever" and then same about 7.2? Well it wasn't, but hype = subs, right? Or remember when they said on Blizzcon before WOD that Grom is gonna be the end boss or your Garrison will be able to be placed in any zone you wish? Well problem is they scrapped that, and maybe they had reasons for it, but they shouldn't have said something as a feature if they weren't 100% sure it will make it. But again, hype. Not first not last. I still have my physical wotlk box that promises me that dance studio, hey.

Nerfing items, talents (hello surrender to madness at legion launch), set bonuses, specs, that's all expected, and ofc no one is gonna be happy if they are being the ones getting nerfed.

But telling people about content they are gonna make and then "woops, we didn't make it", well that sucks. I think Bellular or someone had whole youtube series about content cut from each expansion. Remember that Abyssal Maw raid that was supposed to be a sister raid to Firelands? RIP. So it's not just exclusive to WOD & after.

That's why I'm not hyping myself for 8.0 contrary to half the playerbase (these yummy leak threads...), I'll see it when it's done, Blizzard doesn't even know themselves yet what will end up in final version and what will be cut. Whatever lore / content they put, I'm fine with it. Just don't say one thing and do another.

I'm more concerned about another round of turning classes upside down, which happens every expansion. Some specs do need rework. Vengeance Demon Hunter for example... soul cleave needs a serious rework or replacement, atm it's not even used, tbh Havoc probably needs something too since it has really few abilities with the prevalent demon blades playstyle, something like they did with enh shaman and changing rockbiter/boulderfist. I'd also really hope they do something with shadow priest because the spec is notoriously shunned from m+ and it seems after MDI Blizzard wants to popularize this route even more, so we can probably expect more m+ next expansion.

But yeah, most common lies from Blizzard are overhype and covering up their class balance fuckups. I don't really know what's up with their class balance team, for example some classes get tweaks and become better (see feral druid or blood dk over the course of legion), but some they seem to have no clue what to do to "fix" them (for example outlaw). And what's the PR department gonna say. "Sorry, we suck, we don't know how to fix it"? Or go back to HFC levels of honesty "sorry, we can't fix demonology so just don't play it now until next expansion, okay"?

You don't expect them to come and say "we really dun goofed this time", they might just say "well in hindsight we could have maybe done that differently..." For most people apologies don't matter anyway, they want to see results - fixed bugs, improved gameplay (classes, specs, items), more content and so forth.

Or sometimes I'd just hope they could keep my server continuously online without crashing? Nope, on patch day it crashed again... yay.

Ok, fair point...

What a load of nonsensical babble.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the time they stop listening to the players too much.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

If blizzard were able to actually tell the truth, then they would come out to say how stupid many of the most vocal whiners are.
    Quite simply as Stickybuds79 put it, blizzard can't tell players what they really think of them.
    Because they can't handle being told they are a bunch of immature little brats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If Blizzard came out with the truth you morons would get your feelings hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Stop being so mean to Blizzard when they are clearly trying their best. At least give them an A for effort
    This would be funny if people didn't actually act that way towards Blizz... :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    If Blizzard came out with the truth you morons would get your feelings hurt.
    Whaaaaaaa...? You mean Blizzard isn't our bestest friend in the whole wide world?!?!

"We don't want to nerf something players already have."

Is not the same as won't

/thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would definitely win the award for most lies told in the industry.

It would be nice if someone would investigated them to see how much rigging goes on in their matchmaking system. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they were rigging pvp since 2009.

Blizzard are a bunch of scumbags and they will not be getting another dollar from me.

Blizzard kept claiming for A LONG TIME that vanilla was IMPOSSIBLE.
    Now they announced it.
    Remember: While indeed virtually all terrorists are muslims, not all muslims are terrorists! Peace!

Deleted
    It is a company. Made to lie and earn.

Now they announced it.
    They said it would not be worth it.
    Still doubt it'll be worth it but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tidal Charm took me months to farm pre-nerf. I want the version I farmed for back please.

Now they announced it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They said it would not be worth it.
    Still doubt it'll be worth it but still.
    It will take them long time and lots of effort, they have to remake it from scratch. I hope it's indeed worth it, would suck if after all the petitions and begging towards vanilla servers in the end they would flop. Funny that now when official vanilla servers are in the making, half the rosy glasses nostalgia crowd starts asking for "improvements" and "QOL changes" to vanilla so generally not a vanilla experience... Just look around at these threads.

Blizzard didn't "lie", they just thought it was unprofitable, but something changed their minds... was it community pressure or other reasons, I don't know. But it's a blind shot. A business project needs to pay itself off.

Blizzard is not your mom or friend, it's a business. They do not have an orcish sense of honor or duty towards the holy truth. Deceit will always be used if economically preferable

Now they announced it.
    No, they haven't. That is a blatant lie. All they ever said is that it would be a huge undertaking. Period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now they announced it.
    They never said it was "impossible." They said it would be difficult, specifically to integrate the game with their current infrastructure (battle.net accounts, billing, casc storage formats, server hardware, etc.).

It's amazing how so many people in this community will only hear what they want to hear.