Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Swedish migration minister demands EU countries to give permanent residency permits

Swedish migration minister demands EU countries to give permanent residency permits

Negotiations on how the common asylum policy in the EU will look is still underway. The Swedish government is trying to influence the negotiations so that all EU countries are forced to hand out permanent residence permits to hundreds of thousands of asylum seekers. But other countries do not want to agree.
    At the moment, the various EU countries are negotiating how the future asylum policy will look.

According to Migration Minister Heléne Fritzon (S), Sweden can not have an asylum policy that is significantly different from the EU's forthcoming policy. That's what she says in Ekot's Saturday interview today.

Therefore, the Swedish government is trying to influence the other EU countries so that they can agree to issue permanent residence permits for asylum seekers coming to Europe.

- The Swedish position and the opening of the negotiations are permanent residence permits. But when I listen to the other Member States, I do not hear so many people say that, "said Heléne Fritzon to Ekot.

Sweden wants the residence permits to be permanent - throughout the EU.

But while Heléne Fritzon tries to push for a generous asylum policy in the EU, Sweden itself has applied, since last year, a restrictive and temporary asylum law for three years.

The temporary act means that Sweden has set a minimum level of asylum immigration with limited family immigration and that temporary residence permits are granted to asylum seekers. Fritzon even says that she plans to extend the temporary law in Sweden after 2019, something that the Moderates advocate. However, Mr Fritzon wants to wait for the negotiations in the EU, which she believes is very important.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6803520
    http://www.friatider.se/sverige-kr-v...h-llstillst-nd

Permanent residence permits?!

Why are all these countries so gung ho on getting aliens to come and stay in their country? Do they really think they are doing a service? Are they trying to garner votes? Do the leaders of these countries hate their citizens so much? Or are big corporations pulling strings to get cheap labor even tho these aliens are not really working?

10+ Year Old Account
    You created your own problem, deal with it Sweden.

Linking nazi propaganda again are we?
    Why are you even here?

Maybe if the EU countries are allowed to give permanent residency permits in Sweden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why are you even here?
    Your state owned media is nazi propaganda? Wew lad, you swing even farther to the left than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So essentially they want everyone to change for their sake rather than changing themselves for sake of everyone ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you even here?
    Sveriges Radio is not nazi propaganda, and that source essentially states what's in the title of this thread for what our immigration minister wants.

Furthermore, it's election year in 2018, and this kind of idea is not supported by the opposition.

How do you read this and come to that conclusion? In the SVT-interview she basically says they're negotiating with EU about what kind of migrant law direction they're talking about. And Sweden HAPPEN to have permanent residency permits, and the fact no other countries are talking about it is merely an observation. Nowhere is it stated that she demands it, in fact it's more like she's open to change to a temporary residency permit-style of handling immigration if the EU decides thats the direction they want.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Sveriges Radio is not nazi propaganda, and that source essentially states what's in the title of this thread for what our immigration minister wants.
    Your reading comprehension is in question if that's the conclusion you come to. She's just saying that no other country is talking about permanent residency permits, not that it's a demand Sweden has in the negotiations.

Sounds more like "well if no other country wants permanent residency permits, we'll just change to temporary". I don't read this sentence "Sverige kan inte ha en politik som väsentligt skiljer sig från EU:s, säger migrations-ministern" and think, oh it's a demand. More like we'll have to change if it comes to that.
    Last edited by Krille; 2017-10-22 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    How do you read this and come to that conclusion? In the SVT-interview she basically says they're negotiating with EU about what kind of migrant law direction they're talking about. And Sweden HAPPEN to have permanent residency permits, and the fact no other countries are talking about it is merely an observation. Nowhere is it stated that she demands it, in fact it's more like she's open to change to a temporary residency permit-style of handling immigration if the EU decides thats the direction they want.
    Listen to what she says in the first seconds of the clip that's on Sveriges Radio.

"Den svenska ståndpunkten och ingången i förhandlingarna är permanenta uppehållstillstånd"

- - - Updated - - -

Your reading comprehension is in question if that's the conclusion you come to. She's just saying that no other country is talking about permanent residency permits, not that it's a demand Sweden has in the negotiations.
    Try actually listening to the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Listen to what she says in the first seconds of the clip that's on Sveriges Radio.

"Den svenska ståndpunkten och ingången i förhandlingarna är permanenta uppehållstillstånd"

- - - Updated - - -

Try actually listening to the clip.
    Yea that's where they stand currently. Nowhere is it stated that she "DEMANDS" the EU to follow Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Furthermore, it's election year in 2018, and this kind of idea is not supported by the opposition.
    Not it's not but the other link is.

Yea that's where they stand currently. Nowhere is it stated that she "DEMANDS" the EU to follow Sweden.
    It is a demand she's putting forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Not it's not but the other link is.
    Paleoconservatism = nazi now?

Your state owned media is nazi propaganda? Wew lad, you swing even farther to the left than I thought.
    Grow up and go away.

Grow up and go away.
    Great arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Paleoconservatism = nazi now?
    Friatider is a nazi propaganda site. Call it whatever you want, it won't change a thing.

Friatider is a nazi propaganda site. Call it whatever you want, it won't change a thing.
    https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fria_Tider

Fria Tider är en svenskspråkig invandringskritisk nättidning.[2] Den är fristående och beskriver sig som frihetligt konservativ, men har i ideologiskt hänseende ansetts stå nära Sverigedemokraterna och särskilt partiets tidigare ungdomsförbund SDU.[3][4] Fria tider har i en rapport utgiven av Statens medieråd klassificerats som "en del av den radikala högerpopulistiska nätmiljön".[5]

Tidningen ägs av det estniska aktiebolaget FT News Group OÜ med säte i Tallinn, där även dess internetservrar är placerade.[6][7] Fria Tider, som saknar svenskt utgivningsbevis, publiceras enbart på webben och finansieras genom prenumerationsintäkter, donationer samt intäkter från reklam.

I början på 2017 presenterades en granskning av sajten Granskning Sverige och i den framkom det att tidningens ägare FT News Group OÜ även driver Granskning Sverige, och att det finns ett samarbete mellan Fria Tider och Granskning Sveriges nätaktivister.

Politisk beteckning Frihetlig konservatism
    Paleolibertarianism
    Paleokonservatism

Really? I think you're describing it as nazi because you don't like it.

No it's not. Sweden can't demand shit in the EU, don't be dumb. Their stance is permanent residency permits, but if no other country wants that they'll have to go for temporary aswell since "Sweden can't be alone with permanent resident permits".