Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How will questions be asked at this years Blizzcon?

Will they be online questions being read by one guy to the devs like last time, or a line up of people asking their own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

There'll be 90% of the questions being stupid asses asking questions we already know the answers to, or asking ridiculously pointless questions about legacy servers, or about flying in Argus. 8% will be asking for buffs for their classes because if they aren't top of the meters they're trash. 2% will be red-shirt guy worried about something ludicrous.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget you might get some idiots saying "I'm Sergeant Douchebag from the Nathrezim realm" (to paraphrase Danger Dolan).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Prob pre-moderated questions.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be pre-moderated.

Otherwise, some adventurer will get a chance and will ask "Where is Mankrik's Wife?".

Hopefully pre-moderated, if nothing else just to lessen the amount of repeat questions about a topic they won't talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Hopefully pre-moderated, if nothing else just to lessen the amount of repeat questions about a topic they won't talk about.
    Unfortunately the pre-moderation tends to be less about crushing the "when will we see legacy servers" questions and more about fostering the already asked-and-answered questions from six Ion Hazzikostas chats back, because Blizz loves softballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Unfortunately the pre-moderation tends to be less about crushing the "when will we see legacy servers" questions and more about fostering the already asked-and-answered questions from six Ion Hazzikostas chats back, because Blizz loves softballs.
    I guess, honestly as long as they filter out the mindless " what about muh legacy servers? " questions that people will no doubt repeat even if they are told that they won't answer it then I really don't care what other questions are asked. Its the braindead morons asking the same stupid questions repeatedly that bothers me more than anything else and they usually in my experience tend to mostly be part of the "pro legacy" crowd

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Don't forget you might get some idiots saying "I'm Sergeant Douchebag from the Nathrezim realm" (to paraphrase Danger Dolan).
    Ugh no kidding. The worst part about the questions is Captain DoucheBag from Thrall and Guild <Full of Idiots> and then getting to the question. The IMPORTANT thing is: Ask the question and then shut up. That way we get to more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I guess, honestly as long as they filter out the mindless " what about muh legacy servers? " questions that people will no doubt repeat even if they are told that they won't answer it then I really don't care what other questions are asked. Its the braindead morons asking the same stupid questions repeatedly that bothers me more than anything else and they usually in my experience tend to mostly be part of the "pro legacy" crowd
    Agree that the legacy questions are the worst, but I admit I also get beyond pissed at the wasted opportunity the retarded repeats of last months' developer talks imply. I mean that's a great time to ask something new... not waste time asking already established questions.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All questions will be read from a teleprompter by the red shirt guy.

There'll be 90% of the questions being stupid asses asking questions we already know the answers to, or asking ridiculously pointless questions about legacy servers, or about flying in Argus. 8% will be asking for buffs for their classes because if they aren't top of the meters they're trash. 2% will be red-shirt guy worried about something ludicrous.
    Flying on Argus is not a pointless question. It is part of a much larger issue about how much thought they are putting into WoW at the moment. That Blizzard thinks they can design a really boring zone and then artificially ground us is troubling. This is a game, you want me to stay on the ground and play, make it interesting, challenging, beautiful. Forcing me is not going to work for long.

As I just mentioned in another thread, I just hope somebody asks about linking of new new book release date (May 2018) with the next expansion.

They'll probably dodge it, but worth a try, as they've been all about regular content releases for over a year now. Slim chance they'll want to continue this.

At least 1 mental asylum escapee who will ask about giving flying back.

But seriously though, I'm looking forward to this year's red shirt guy question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Flying on Argus is not a pointless question. It is part of a much larger issue about how much thought they are putting into WoW at the moment. That Blizzard thinks they can design a really boring zone and then artificially ground us is troubling. This is a game, you want me to stay on the ground and play, make it interesting, challenging, beautiful. Forcing me is not going to work for long.
    You still can't fly in Timeless Isle. My money's on never being able to.

Also in Argus's case there's a lot of flat backgrounds used to give the impression that the zone is part of a larger world, I think that would stick out badly from the air.

P.S. Boring zone... agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only question i would ask, if this expansion i "south seas/ kul-tiras" as we are led to believe, and they do not add naga as a playable race... is why are they not added and their reasoning. I can care less about about the "epic" lore questions from someone like the red shirt, or buffs, or flying, or legacy.... id actually be wondering a question that would be pertaining to the imminent expansion, and about a race that I, and quite a few others, have wanted to play since their introduction in wc3 tft. And this would seem the only expansion seemingly to add them since we will be probably killing azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Will they be online questions being read by one guy to the devs like last time, or a line up of people asking their own?
    Both, l believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Prob pre-moderated questions.
    I don't mind, some people waste the Q&A time with rather annoying questions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone take the QandA so seriously that it has to be so constrained and moderated?

I suppose when you're live streaming all over the world you'd want your event to look professional and clean,but, cmon.

I think that a lot of what we already know will be repeated and answered for the masses who might not visit the forums regularly.
    (Sprinkled with a couple of juicy out-of-the-ballpark questions no one was expecting. And lots of PG 13 banter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Both, l believe.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind, some people waste the Q&A time with rather annoying questions.
    So instead you want it wasted with pre-approved softball questions? I get it's their yearly company wanking, so they dont want anything overly difficult or controversial, but something a little better then the yawn inducing questions that were just repeats of dev interviews would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    So instead you want it wasted with pre-approved softball questions? I get it's their yearly company wanking, so they dont want anything overly difficult or controversial, but something a little better then the yawn inducing questions that were just repeats of dev interviews would be nice.
    "softball questions"?

If it is questions that can be answered without stealing time from the stage, yes? Some questions shouldn't get further up as some, like every year, has been answered in previous Q&A's not to follow the basic about flight shit, legacy shit and so on. Rather questions that can be handled with an answer instead of, 'we'll look into it'.

All questions I hear people do, is either by you, considered softball or annoying.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..