Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If I had to choose the ones that make the most sense to me, I would chose Undead, Trolls, Night Elves and Worgen. Realistically, any class that can be a priest should be able to be a paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken seems like the most logical choice for Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Weeell, remove the 'pure' part and I agree.
    "Pure" as in they only wield the Light. How morally pure they are may wary, though they themselves always think they're doing the righteous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's the point having more races to choose from? Game will still be the same.
    There is always that too, although creating a unique identity for each class race combo does somewhat make it feel different. Having unique lore and presentation helps, but what they really needed to do was something similar to SWTOR, where classes on the other faction underwent a complete visual transformation, abilities were called different names, and given different visuals too that were more in line with that faction and its fantasy. If wow did similar, then it would eliminate the same feel when you added more races to the Paladin class, as it would look and feel different even though it worked exactly the same.

Half of me thinks that one day we will see Moon priestesses as a special variation of priest where the light spells are swapped to a lot of moonlight spells, and given Elune names, some of the offensive ones changed from holy to arcane magic, and the holy ones swapping golden light for moonlight. They can do this with a lot more classes too. Like the Blademaster could be a unique warrior variation doing similar things and availble only to certain races like Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    As cool as Forsaken Paladins would be, lorewise it makes zero sense.
    This lore is not explicitly presented in the game. I checked the gamepedia page you linked a few comments below, and most of the notions about Light magic being painful or destructive to Forsaken and DKs comes from developer interviews and blue posts on the forums. The few other instances it shows up are in novels, short stories and comics. In short, it's nothing but headcanon wankery that is worth less then piss, and it can be easily retconned.

In the actual game, on the other hand, there are a lot of examples of Undead using the light and Undead paladins in particular, so to say lore-wise it makes zero sense is a gross exaggeration. And the cool factor is certainly worth the (very marginal) retcon. Forsaken certainly make more sense as paladins than orcs or trolls.

Paladins literally exist to purge the undead from the earth, a Forsaken Paladin would just create a paradox in that the best thing it could do as a Paladin would be to purge itself.
    Nope, that Scarlet Crusade's objective. Paladin's were created after the First war because the priests didn't have enough combat skills. They needed to bring a new army in order to defend the land and people better.

Scarlet Crusade, along with the first Ashbringer however, is like you said. They exist purely to purge the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm guessing you have no personal preference and choose all of your races based on whatever their racial abilities are?
    Yes, all the rest is just cosmetic.

Deleted
    As cool as Forsaken Paladins would be, lorewise it makes zero sense.
    They can be light priests. The light hurts them not necessarily kills them. It's possible and some undead keep human faith after being risen

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    They can be light priests. The light hurts them not necessarily kills them. It's possible and some undead keep human faith after being risen
    So basically each time forsaken paladin use skill it reduce his HP points? Sorry but forsaken paladin is more stupid thing than cow taurens.

even if that's the case, undead paladin is still a little paradoxical.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the Zandalari did have "Paladins" in the ToT raid already

#TEAMGIRAFFE

even if that's the case, undead paladin is still a little paradoxical.
    Forsaken Paladin its like Batman.

class restrictions are stupid. lets make any class playable for any race

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    So basically each time forsaken paladin use skill it reduce his HP points? Sorry but forsaken paladin is more stupid thing than cow taurens.
    Fine then pains them. Doesn't necessarily damage them.

Wowpedia

Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful.

Also wowpedia was a very good motivation for undead paladins.

There are reports that some Forsaken have slowly experienced a sharpening of their dulled senses of touch, smell, etc., as well as an increase in the flashes of positive emotions that have otherwise become so rare since their fall into undeath.

Have an order of holy warriors trying to feel alive again through the crippling pain of the holy light. Makes for a very different kind of paladin then other races

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    People like you ruined Warcraft lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    No. Undead paladin i believe work but warlock dreani are so lore breaking it's mind boggling

Whats 100% for sure in all those different discussions about the next expansion, Night Elf Paladin will be playable.

What if they do a trick and new playable race is a demon race? Food for toughts.

While we're at it, wtb more playable races for druids, shamans, warlocks and maybe even demon hunters.

No. Undead paladin i believe work but warlock dreani are so lore breaking it's mind boggling
    LOL. First you say undead paladins are ok but draenei warlock are not? Considering draenei and eredar are the same race called manari. I smell bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    LOL. First you say undead paladins are ok but draenei warlock are not? Considering draenei and eredar are the same race called manari. I smell bullshit.
    The forsaken are a race without a prevailing faith, they united by circumstance. All power is a tool to them. Light included. Lorewise they can use light (priests) as such paladin work. Dreani are a faction of race who are unified by faith. Fel and demons are the enemy. So though dreani are capable of being warlock, they stop being dreani at that point they use fel. Playable eredar (dreani) can't be warlocks beacuse of beilve not physical impossibility

So they very different cases

Eredar are the original race and manari is what dreani call the demonic eredar
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-10-23 at 03:35 PM.