View Poll Results: Will Jaina become the one of the antagonist in the next expansion?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    50 28.74%
  • No

    124 71.26%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There was no goal post to move. You said they should have a pvp panel they already go over pvp so you said it wasn’t about pvp then doubled down and said they should talk about pvp because you have subjective problems about it. The disscution was going no where so I asked you a more relevant rather then arguing with you about your subjective problems with pvp and how you feel they should cover it.

    Voice acting is also a important part of the game and story telling. Sure it might be because political reasons but that doesn’t mean they still shouldn’t do it more so as there “powerful” woman are big figures in the story at the moment. I won’t watch the panel just as I never watched the art panel in the past but it has just as much right to be there even if I or you don’t care about it.
    I suggested a PVP panel ( go back and read the post) and you kept making that the focus of your arguement so on my third reply i decided to address your gripe even though it was never the point of my idea. Your argument wasnt going in the direction you wanted so you changed it up and moved the goal posts.
    I indulged you with your new gripe and conceded that you make a fair point but you didnt address the flaws in your new argument, you simply doubled down.
    Political agendas dont have a place at a games convention.
    If people are going to make the argument that its about drawing more ''women'' to play the game then im going to make the argument that a large percentage of the current player base is already female and spending more panel time on addressing problems in the game would be far more affective at drawing more ''people'' back into WoW.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunai Vax View Post
    I suggested a PVP panel ( go back and read the post) and you kept making that the focus of your arguement so on my third reply i decided to address your gripe even though it was never the point of my idea. Your argument wasnt going in the direction you wanted so you changed it up and moved the goal posts.
    I indulged you with your new gripe and conceded that you make a fair point but you didnt address the flaws in your new argument, you simply doubled down.
    Political agendas dont have a place at a games convention.
    If people are going to make the argument that its about drawing more ''women'' to play the game then im going to make the argument that a large percentage of the current player base is already female and spending more panel time on addressing problems in the game would be far more affective at drawing more ''people'' back into WoW.
    You are aware I only brought up pvp once in my first reply right? You brougt up an example I pointed out it was a poor example you got defensive and brought up pvp again. There was no goal post to move I pointed out you had a flawed example you brought your example up again and tried to make it about your personal problems with pvp and how they talk about it so I tried to move the conversation to a relative subject.

    As to politics they have a place where ever the devs of the games want them it’s there event how you feel about it is irrelevant. Just as the art panels in the past not all of the panels are about drawing in new people and some are showing how they do things. I don’t care for the powerful woman panel but in the end it’s judt like the art panel something that doesn’t effect me and I won’t watch.

    As to talking about problems with the game they already have QnA and not every one has the same problem with the game as you do so out side of QnA they can’t adress the problems.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You are aware I only brought up pvp once in my first reply right? You brougt up an example I pointed out it was a poor example you got defensive and brought up pvp again. There was no goal post to move I pointed out you had a flawed example you brought your example up again and tried to make it about your personal problems with pvp and how they talk about it so I tried to move the conversation to a relative subject.

    As to politics they have a place where ever the devs of the games want them it’s there event how you feel about it is irrelevant. Just as the art panels in the past not all of the panels are about drawing in new people and some are showing how they do things. I don’t care for the powerful woman panel but in the end it’s judt like the art panel something that doesn’t effect me and I won’t watch.

    As to talking about problems with the game they already have QnA and not every one has the same problem with the game as you do so out side of QnA they can’t adress the problems.
    How is responding to your accusation being defensive ? You keep trying to label me as defensive, as if to try and belittle me.
    I was replying to someone else and you got involved and straw manned me.
    The PVP panel was suggestive, go back and read it. After telling me its a bad idea you then argue that its subjectve.. well jesus everything people post here is pretty much subjective. Is that all you have to throw at me? That my idea on a dedicated PVP panel is subjective so my original arugument is invalid?
    You dont care for the ''powerful women '' panel, neither do i and you've said that twice now, as if to suggest that you're not on any ''side'' that you're neutral and that some how strengthens your position in your argument with me, but it helps my point that if the panel is about drawing more people into the game then perhaps make a panel about something people do care about, that players would actually turn on their PC to watch. Doesnt have to be about PVP, but browsing the forums for 10 mins its not hard to see that PVP has a lot of problems in this expac and it would probably draw a lot of people in to listen who might have other wise just ignored the whole event.
    You say that the devs can do whatever they want. And ? is that all you have? that argument can be used against anything and everything. Not constructive at all.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Redeeming Illidan was a far fetch..

    Redeeming Jaina is impossible.. No way, the player base will accept Jaina as a "good guy"..
    If she ends up the bad guy, her story will fall into literally every other Blizzard hero before her's trope though. Almost every big named bad was a hero that was corrupted by some outside force. That's pretty much the only story they can write and it's downright lazy and expected. If it does go that route, I wouldn't be surprised.


    That aside, I hope they don't, because the Alliance needs a strong female leader. Yes, Alliance has Tyrande and Moira, but Tyrande has been shown in game to be bloodthirsty and hasty in MoP then in Legion we had an entire quest line where her main goal was to find her husband. Moira seems strong, but hasn't really had much told about her. Overall though she is only part of a group of 3 leaders for the Dwarves, so her power alone isn't good enough to make decisions.

    That second video sure does paint a picture of her going evil though, which is just sad.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunai Vax View Post
    How is responding to your accusation being defensive ? You keep trying to label me as defensive, as if to try and belittle me.
    I was replying to someone else and you got involved and straw manned me.
    The PVP panel was suggestive, go back and read it. After telling me its a bad idea you then argue that its subjectve.. well jesus everything people post here is pretty much subjective. Is that all you have to throw at me? That my idea on a dedicated PVP panel is subjective so my original arugument is invalid?
    You dont care for the ''powerful women '' panel, neither do i and you've said that twice now, as if to suggest that you're not on any ''side'' that you're neutral and that some how strengthens your position in your argument with me, but it helps my point that if the panel is about drawing more people into the game then perhaps make a panel about something people do care about, that players would actually turn on their PC to watch. Doesnt have to be about PVP, but browsing the forums for 10 mins its not hard to see that PVP has a lot of problems in this expac and it would probably draw a lot of people in to listen who might have other wise just ignored the whole event.
    You say that the devs can do whatever they want. And ? is that all you have? that argument can be used against anything and everything. Not constructive at all.
    You got defensive by A trying to apply that I knew your example wasn’t to be taken as a real example of something to add. And B when you said I didn’t read your post and was trying to straw man you. You could have just said ya bad example and gave another instead of trying to defend your position and acting like I’m out to get you for some reason.

    Pointing out that pvp is already covered at blizzcon is also not a straw man. You are also posting on an open forum if you wanted to have a one on one conversation with some one you should have pm’ed then or just ignored my post.

    I also didn’t say a pvp panel was a bad idea just that it was already covered.

    IF the panel is about drawing people in then I agree it’s a poor choice but they have had panels at blizzcon in the past not about drawing people in but about showing how they do things. We do not know which this panel is suppose to be as no one has seen it yet.

    And yes the devs can do what ever they want at their convention. If you or other people were to show up at blizzcon and try and make it about politics it would have no place there. But if blizzard wants to hold there own convention and talk about what ever they like they have every right to do so.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You got defensive by A trying to apply that I knew your example wasn’t to be taken as a real example of something to add. And B when you said I didn’t read your post and was trying to straw man you. You could have just said ya bad example and gave another instead of trying to defend your position and acting like I’m out to get you for some reason.

    Pointing out that pvp is already covered at blizzcon is also not a straw man. You are also posting on an open forum if you wanted to have a one on one conversation with some one you should have pm’ed then or just ignored my post.

    I also didn’t say a pvp panel was a bad idea just that it was already covered.

    IF the panel is about drawing people in then I agree it’s a poor choice but they have had panels at blizzcon in the past not about drawing people in but about showing how they do things. We do not know which this panel is suppose to be as no one has seen it yet.

    And yes the devs can do what ever they want at their convention. If you or other people were to show up at blizzcon and try and make it about politics it would have no place there. But if blizzard wants to hold there own convention and talk about what ever they like they have every right to do so.
    Im not agasint people joining in, but you simply focused in one of sentence and tried to invalidate my opinion. When you couldnt debate me you moved the goal post and doubled down.
    ''If you have problems with people refuting your flawed examples don’t give flawed examples then get all defensive.'' It wasnt flawed. You simply didnt like it so felt the need to jump in and belittle me.
    As it stands i dont think the PVP example was a bad idea, but it was just off the top of my head and wasnt the point of my post. Everything is subjective. Kind of stupid i have to point that out.
    Political agendas dont have a place at a games convention. Thats my stance. If you feel such things are okay then we have to agree to disagree.
    For the people who want to pretend that this is all about drawing more women into WoW then i have already made my thoughts on that clear.

  7. #127
    I swear on mah balls, if I smell ANY kind of SWJ agenda for the next expansion coming from Blizzard, I'm never spending a dime on their products ever again.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunai Vax View Post
    Im not agasint people joining in, but you simply focused in one of sentence and tried to invalidate my opinion. When you couldnt debate me you moved the goal post and doubled down.
    ''If you have problems with people refuting your flawed examples don’t give flawed examples then get all defensive.'' It wasnt flawed. You simply didnt like it so felt the need to jump in and belittle me.
    As it stands i dont think the PVP example was a bad idea, but it was just off the top of my head and wasnt the point of my post. Everything is subjective. Kind of stupid i have to point that out.
    Political agendas dont have a place at a games convention. Thats my stance. If you feel such things are okay then we have to agree to disagree.
    For the people who want to pretend that this is all about drawing more women into WoW then i have already made my thoughts on that clear.
    I don’t know what imaginary goalpost you think I have or why you think I care so much about belittling you instead of just pointing out that your example is already covered and you shouldn’t think people are out to get you for stating that. But I do agree that we are making no head way in either direction so it is for the best to agree to disagree so good day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I swear on mah balls, if I smell ANY kind of SWJ agenda for the next expansion coming from Blizzard, I'm never spending a dime on their products ever again.
    You could argue that Warcraft is already social justicy if you really wanted to. Sylvanas throwing off the chains of patriarchy when she broke away from arthas and making her own feminist home in under city with her elite all female force the dark rangers and her one male feminist Nathaous. She fights Against the white male threat of the scarlet crusade and storm wind.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know what imaginary goalpost you think I have or why you think I care so much about belittling you instead of just pointing out that your example is already covered and you shouldn’t think people are out to get you for stating that. But I do agree that we are making no head way in either direction so it is for the best to agree to disagree so good day.
    I already explained why my example had merit. But you cant let that go. You say you're not trying to belittle me and then follow that up by suggesting im paranoid for thinking that ''people'' are out to get me.. lol more belittling. Who's out to get me exactly? what people

    Pointing out that pvp is already covered at blizzcon was straw manning me because that was never the point of my argument.

  10. #130
    Pandaren Monk Aoyi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That second video sure does paint a picture of her going evil though, which is just sad.
    Just wanted to let you know the whole 2nd video was about ALL of the heroes of Azeroth losing to the Lich King and becoming evil DK versions of themselves. Its the theme of the latest Hearthstone expansion and just going down the alternate history route if we failed in Icecrown Citadel.

  11. #131

  12. #132
    Scarab Lord sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    4,350
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    you do know blizzard said that jaina killing them was a bug? (if you trust blizzards words)
    Also weird how your able to remember such a side detail but not all the RP text before hand.
    You can find all details in Purge of Dalaran in wowpedia page, so it may been killing players in-game a bug, but lore-wise she did kill anyone who resisted
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Just wanted to let you know the whole 2nd video was about ALL of the heroes of Azeroth losing to the Lich King and becoming evil DK versions of themselves. Its the theme of the latest Hearthstone expansion and just going down the alternate history route if we failed in Icecrown Citadel.
    Ah did not no that. 1:10 out of the 1:30 of the video was all her talking about how power is a doubled edged blade, light and dark, calling to you when you are desperate, etc. Seems kind of fitting to how they have been handling her story in WoW. She's so pushed back into the corner at this point it seems like the only inevitable outcome frankly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •