Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Some horrendously bad reasoning here; never going to happen, ever. Alliance vs. Horde is literally the essence of warcraft, it's called warcraft for a reason. That'd be like having the terrans, protoss and zerg merge in starcraft and forming a unified faction to fight the xel'naga, instead of just, yknow, working together temporarily.

Merging the factions would destroy the whole dynamic of having factions to begin with, only to have an infinitely more forced light vs void? Lore wise you really think people would side with the old gods and the void lords just because the naaru arent perfectly good beings? And if they did, wouldnt that just be blatantly good vs bad, the very thing they've tried hard to avoid doing with the Alliance and the Horde by making them both shades of grey? or we're all part of a merged faction and yet we still kill each other in bgs for some reason?

the entire concept of eliminating alliance vs horde is just stupid wishful thinking, and the only reason i could ever see it happening, ever, is if the population dwindles and they have to do it for the sake of population control. Even then, it would be more a matter of just making all servers PVE and letting cross factions communicate and group/guild, it wouldnt be removing the factions. The core of the game is AvH, it's two distinct factions that give you two perspectives on the world and on events that take place, eliminating that would make the game strictly worse. Especially given the situation with the twin emo dykes of warcraft(sylvanas and jaina), and genn out for blood, a peaceful merge, even lore-wise, is several expansions off at best.

I think they could redraw the lines. With each faction being hostile to one another for some convoluted lore reason or another.

- Humans, Gnomes and Dwarves hold the old Alliance together.
    - Night Elf, Worgen, Draenei become the defenders of Kalimdor.
    - Undead, Blood Elves, Goblins form the conquerors of Lordaeron.
    - Orcs, Trolls and Tauren band together to reform the old Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Who might that be?
    (Warning: loud)

My apologies. I couldn't help myself. x)

I doubt they'd ever remove the factions, but I do hope they remove the unnecessary oppressive restrictions that are currently in the game. Absolutely zero reason that Horde and Alliance shouldn't be able to play together, is an outdated relic of the past and asinine game design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Jimmy and Mojache 2.0
    You deserve a lot of love for that reference

7+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft is Horde and Alliance. You are not gonna get away from that and if you remove the factions, you might aswell make a new game. That is what i think the arguments at Blizzard would be, if anybody came up with OPs concept. WoW 2 might be about this Light vs Shadow, but they can't just do that in an expansion.

There is a reason why the devs call out for Horde and Alliance people each Blizzcon. It is part of the core identity and would just create alienation in the playerbase
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    (Warning: loud)

My apologies. I couldn't help myself. x)
    Ahhh, okey dokey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    The conflict between Alliance and Horde is the essence of Warcraft.
    These factions will never be at peace, and if anything we need more focus on this essential conflict again.

Bring the war (PvP) back to endgame.
    No it's not. And since they have introduced Arena, you have effectively removed all requirements for lore for PvP to be possible. You want to pvp, then go into a pvp instance or whatever. World PvP does not matter anymore since forever.

as unqiue as it could be to shake up the factions that much by giving a players a chance to align with light or shadow as new factions.... less they didn't enforce them you would be splitting guilds and grps so no, not likely. but i do see a light/void system coming into play. Maybe like light/dark sides of the force in SWTOR
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22