Poll: Should Alex Jones be held criminally liable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    It seems the people on both sides that make up these propaganda stories are getting exactly what they want.
    It really is a shame people actually take this stuff for the truth. Sadly, they only see the world through partisan tinted glasses. Thus, they see one side as “lies” and theirs as the absolute “truth”.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Stop lying. The twitter post is on the first page for anyone to see the contents of it.
    Right.

Please explain to me how showing odds is a lie.

What are you, 5 years old? If I say the odds of rolling a 3 with dice is only 1-in-6 (16%), and you roll a 3... I didn't lie. You just beat the odds. The post said Trump had a 7% chance to win and he won (Electoral, not popular). So where's the lie?

You're currently both depressing me and confirming the general intellectual capacity of Trump supporters.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EverDash View Post
    Right.

Please explain to me how showing odds is a lie.

What are you, 5 years old? If I say the odds of rolling a 3 with dice is only 1-in-6 (16%), and you roll a 3... I didn't lie. You just beat the odds. The post said Trump had a 7% chance to win and he won (Electoral, not popular). So where's the lie?

You're currently both depressing me and confirming the general intellectual capacity of Trump supporters.
    And we are back to the beginning. Circle-jerk all you want. I already explained how it's visual data manipulation aimed at average people who know nothing about probability theory or, the horror, statistics, i.e. majority of American voters. It just backfired. Instead of pulling in on-the-fencers it relaxed Hillarites "we are surely gonna win" and then Trump won because there were no opposition other than childish insults of arrogant ignoramuses.

P.S. And lol, I'm not a Trump supporter. Speaking about intellectual capacity here from the bottom of my heart.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And we are back to the beginning. Circle-jerk all you want. I already explained how it's visual data manipulation aimed at average people who know nothing about probability theory or, the horror, statistics, i.e. majority of American voters. It just backfired. Instead of pulling in on-the-fencers it relaxed Hillarites "we are surely gonna win" and then Trump won because there were no opposition other than childish insults of arrogant ignoramuses.
    You just proved my point: There were no lies involved.

You are now (correctly) putting the blame on the unintelligent average American citizen who looks at simple graphics on a television screen and interprets it with personal prejudice - which is, ironically, what you've inexplicably been doing yourself up until this point.

However, now you're trying to alter the point into it being about "narrative bias and manipulation", which is very different from "the media lying and/or being wrong". If you want to discuss whether that graphic was trying to push a narrative or change minds, well that's a very legitimate debate that has merit on both sides of the case (also one that will never have any end, because it's completely subjective).

But there were no lies; You can't point to a single thing about that graphic that's misleading.
    Likewise, no one was wrong' You can't point to a single thing on that graphic that was false.

The only thing you can argue is whether or not an agenda was trying to be pushed using said facts and data. And that's the actual crux of the issue.
    Last edited by EverDash; 2017-11-15 at 04:51 AM.