Thread: Tanks in Arena

Tanks in Arena

Obviously playing a tank in arena is looked down upon, for whatever reason, But with all this talk of objective base pvp for even arenas wouldn't it be cool to have a permanent mode where you could que into, like that 5v5 or 3v3 (whatever it was) arena with a boss in the middle of the map that you have to kill (they did this already cant think of what it was called) and you have a full party like you would to beat an instance but this would be for strategic PVP. Where you could play a tank have 3 dps and a healer or however you want to go about it. I think tanks in 2v2 and 3v3 arena sucks too don't get me wrong you don't do that much dmg and you probably won't find players to play with you but for people that want to play a tanking class that only PVP and never get too because no one wants you isn't really fair? I think it would be cool for something like that though where you could get any class involved in the game. I always enjoyed tanking in WOW but I don't think ill ever be a mythic raider I don't really have to much time to raid at all really so why would I even dump any AP or time into a tank spec? Unless I want to just strictly do mythic + and thats fun and all and its a great addition to the game but where do you go from there playing a tank? You can play a DPS spec casually and hop into a PUG raid watch youtube vids and probably be okay for the fight. I am Bias towards tanks and am an advocate for them for PVP so you won't feel like you've wasted your time playing one. What do you guys think? I like how HOS has tanks along with overwatch I think a mode which they can compete in PVP would be cool is what I am getting at anyways let me know whats up.

Deleted
    I don't think tanks have any place in arena, and every season in which tanks were "viable" was generally seen as a poor season by the pvp community. Arena should be about deathmatch and combat skill only, not stupid objectives. There are already many battlegrounds with objectives where tanks are very important to have.