Non-gaming build

Hey. I'm looking for any advice you guys have to offer on a non-gaming semi-budget build. The idea is to have something that I could be very easily upgraded to be a semi decent gaming build with a new GPU (1060/1070).

Budget: 600€
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Parts that can be reused: Old GPU (gtx 770)

Doesn't need a large HDD. I'd prefer a low capacity SSD over an HDD.

I'd like to order everything from verkkokauppa.fi if possible (in Finnish, but the search function should work in English).

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

For general use (browsing, maybe word processing), at least for now.
    Last edited by Thermor; 2017-10-24 at 11:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the computer meant for? It's a good start just to know where to aim and what to aim for. Like professional workloads? Editing?
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    What's the computer meant for? It's a good start just to know where to aim and what to aim for. Like professional workloads? Editing?
    Just general use (browsing, maybe word processing), nothing heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Just general use (browsing, maybe word processing), nothing heavy.
    Then we face a dilemma. If you give it room to be expanded into gaming machine with just new GPU, you'll be paying a lot extra for power you might not ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then we face a dilemma. If you give it room to be expanded into gaming machine with just new GPU, you'll be paying a lot extra for power you might not ever need.
    Which is something I'm willing to do

I'm not looking for something that will be top notch gaming if I buy a GPU for it. Something middle of the road is perfectly acceptable.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/gRbtt...r-gaming-build - 512 dollar / 435 euro

^This is a very entry level computer, the gaming part can be ignored, but it's there should you want to jump into some easy gaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/r2NnT...d-gaming-build - 508 dollar / 431 euro.

^Here's another one. For the amount of 600 euro, it's not a bad thing to have an easy route for upgrading should you, as you said in your post, feel the need or the interest in gaming.

Both CPU's in both guides are great entry level cpu's who can hold their own. Would work for general use and a bunch of workloads. And why not have it look a bit shiney while doing so? Also, as mentioned, not a far stretch from these to a decent entry level gaming machine should the need come around. With the price on these around 100-150 euro under your budget, giving you some headroom for a bigger GPU should you want that in the future.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Quote Originally Posted by HasturTheKing View Post
    https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/gRbtt...r-gaming-build - 512 dollar / 435 euro

^This is a very entry level computer, the gaming part can be ignored, but it's there should you want to jump into some easy gaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/r2NnT...d-gaming-build - 508 dollar / 431 euro.

^Here's another one. For the amount of 600 euro, it's not a bad thing to have an easy route for upgrading should you, as you said in your post, feel the need or the interest in gaming.

Both CPU's in both guides are great entry level cpu's who can hold their own. Would work for general use and a bunch of workloads. And why not have it look a bit shiney while doing so? Also, as mentioned, not a far stretch from these to a decent entry level gaming machine should the need come around. With the price on these around 100-150 euro under your budget, giving you some headroom for a bigger GPU should you want that in the future.
    Dont do the first one. If your opting for that, buy a 500W PSU when you go to buy the 1060/1070 and get a prebuilt with a i5 7400. Something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Desktop-...224371011&th=1

At minimum you should go with a gen 8 intel option if you opt to build yourself. There an i3 will be fine as it is a true quad-core instead of a 2 core 4 thread CPU. Also with gen 8, the CPU "should" be up-gradable in the future.

As for ryzen. DO NOT get a A320 board with a non x chip! If you get an a board get the 1300x/1500x at bare minimum. If you want to tinker with overclocking, get a B350 motherboard with the 1200. If you do ryzen and opt for only 8gb, find a motherboard with 4 dimm slots (RAM) and buy 2 4gb sticks instead of a single 8gb stick.

Note: the prebuild 7400, will be the easiest option for you. If you want an SSD, add one and reinstall windows. When you want a GPU, the PSU in the computer i linked is strong enough for a 1050ti out of the box. If you want to go to a 1060 or 1070, get a 450W 80+ bronze PSU or better when you go to buy your card. Also, the 1050ti is a very solid budget GPU and should handle most if not all games on at least medium and on older titles like wow, on "ultra" (CPU bound game with old optimization.)