10+ Year Old Account

First 13 original xbox games announced for xbox one compatibility

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...-compatibility

Microsoft has revealed the first 13 backwards-compatible original Xbox games for Xbox One to IGN – several of which we got to play. These first 13 will be available tomorrow, October 24. All are enhanced with 1080p resolution, higher and/or smoother framerates, and faster loading times.

These are the first 13 games you can play on any Xbox One if you own the title, beginning tomorrow:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Ninja Gaiden Black
    Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Psychonauts
    Dead to Rights
    Black
    Grabbed by the Ghoulies
    Sid Meier’s Pirates!
    Red Faction II
    BloodRayne 2
    The King of Fighters Neowave

If you still have your original Xbox disc, just insert it into your Xbox One console. If you own it digitally, that will also work. Many of these games can also be purchased from the Xbox Store in digital form for $9.99.

For titles that support System Link multiplayer, it still works – even across the Xbox family. I got to play a four-player round of Crimson Skies, with me on the original Xbox, another person on an Xbox One X, another on an Xbox One S, and the fourth on a launch Xbox One. Online multiplayer is not supported, however, as servers for original Xbox games were shut down years ago.

I also got to play a bit of Star Wars: KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Fuzion Frenzy. All three looked clearer and crisper than ever thanks to no longer being restricted to 480p (or for many at the time, 480i) resolution. Most still run in their original 4:3 aspect ratios, though Ninja Gaiden Black natively supports 16:9 widescreen so it looks particularly modern.

“This detail has always been there, but the technology of the day was holding it back,” said Xbox principal software engineer Eric Heutchy as he pointed out the orange bill and black outline now clearly visible in 1080p on a duck icon in Fuzion Frenzy’s “Twisted System” minigame. "Forgive the clunky tutorial start," KOTOR lead designer James Ohlen told IGN with a laugh when asked what advice he'd have for players trying KOTOR for the first time. "It's definitely a product of his time."

As for what original Xbox games will be brought forward next, the team is being careful to keep expectations in check – though they have a good reason. “A curated list of key games was the way to go with this,” Xbox platform lead Bill Stillwell told IGN, noting that many original Xbox game publishers either don’t exist anymore, or the contracts are missing (because they were done on actual paper!), or there’s a licensing issue with a particular song, etc. As such, while it might be technically possible for Microsoft to make them compatible with Xbox One, it might be legally impossibly or unfeasible.

For much more on backwards compatibility, don’t miss the report on our day with the compatibility team at Microsoft to talk about why and how they did this, as well as the just-announced Xbox One X-specific enhancements for four high-profile Xbox 360 games.
    Good news for those who feel like playing their old games or trying out games they didn't get to the first time around.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just been made aware some games are updated a little bit. Obviously not remade or remastered, but given a little clean up.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-10-24 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for Mech Assault and Mech Assault 2. I would buy an Xbox One just for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Depending on how its handled I mite get another XB1 (owned 2 so far) just to play original/360 games on at some point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Depending on how its handled I mite get another XB1 (owned 2 so far) just to play original/360 games on at some point.
    Honest question Jt:

Why do you constantly buy and sell your consoles over and over again? You've done it twice now with XO and you said you've already sold your Switch after only having it for a few months. It'd be easier (and save you money) just to keep the first console you buy. Even if you don't have anything to play on it for awhile, eventually there will inevitably be something that you DO want to play.......case in point your post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Honest question Jt:

Why do you constantly buy and sell your consoles over and over again? You've done it twice now with XO and you said you've already sold your Switch after only having it for a few months. It'd be easier (and save you money) just to keep the first console you buy. Even if you don't have anything to play on it for awhile, eventually there will inevitably be something that you DO want to play.......case in point your post above.
    With the Switch it was because I know Nintendo and they are just going to release a better one in a year or so and at lease by then it will have games worth playing on it. Got tired of feeling like I beta tested a system.

With my first XB1 there wasn't much to play on it and I sold it to spend that money to complete a anime collection. (No joke I had nothing to play and the anime collection cost a bit)

With my second XBO I played everything I wanted to play on it (mainly Sunset and Gears) since everything else is on PC.

If I do get another XB1 it will be to replace my Original Xbox and 360 since it will be much easier to just hook a XB1 up to a tv and not both of those systems. I will get it cheap tho cause I really don't want to drop a lot of money into it.

Money got a little tight at a couple moments so the extra was nice as well. Things are good now so its whatever really. I don't sell any of my gaming shit anymore so sooner or later I knew I would get another XB1 even if its just to play 360/Original Xbox games.

Just got to find one dirt cheap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you use consoles as pseudo loans or savings? Prob would save more just keeping them.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need JSRF and Shenmue 2.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Very excited to play Kotor on XB1.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Pretty lame list honestly. JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gun Valkyrie. Shit just any SEGA game that survived the Dreamcast dying is really what i want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    We need JSRF and Shenmue 2.
    We need basically the entire Sega catalog on the system.

Outside of that, most of the shit has better ways to play them, or are games I don't care about.

Man, Microsoft is really killing it on the backwards compatibility front. Sony needs to take some fucking notes, this is how modern consoles should be handling backwards compatibility for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, Microsoft is really killing it on the backwards compatibility front. Sony needs to take some fucking notes, this is how modern consoles should be handling backwards compatibility for games.
    Agreed....

No shush v-vr is still the future! honest!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No shush v-vr is still the future! honest!
    He's referring to the fact you have to rebuy PS2 games on PS4 regardless of if you own them physically, or bought them digitally on PS3, not their focus(or lack there of) on BC LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed the video.

At least they’re doing something right.

10+ Year Old Account
    still deciding what game to get.

Deleted
    It's not so bad IMHO. My PS3 can play any PSX PS2 and PS3 Game, works with the Vita. Since there are no new PSX/2/3 Releases incoming, I'm fine with that. Don't really need to be able to play all games on one console, there is enough space on my tv lowboard of 4 consoles (Switch Ps3 Ps4 Wii-U). PSP Games also work on the PS Vita (digital only, since the cartridges have different dimensions). So give Sony cut Sony some slack, they are not so bad :-).

And I actually prefer the XMB from the PS3, I have over 100 working custom themes on it, and I can make my own dynamic themes! The PS4 really is lacking that department.