Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legion not over yet... yet...

Its the first time I see people being so keen on learning more about the new expansion and whats on it. Where will the Wow universe takes us next etc.

Legion isn't over and it still has a whole raid tier to go.

Are people bored over legion?

I can understand why people are bored over legion, although there is an influx of 'content/fake content' by smart use of repetitive content, I think the theme itself has got boring. Had the same green fel theme since WoD, we just wanna get out of the legion world for the time being. RnG and the decrease in the skillgap could also be a reason for that.

My question to you, if blizzard could release the new expansion tomorrow, would you just straight skip legion or would you keep playing legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Its the first time I see people being so keen on learning more about the new expansion and whats on it. Where will the Wow universe takes us next etc.

I can understand why people are bored over legion, although there is an influx of 'content/fake content' by smart use of repetitive content, I think the theme itself has got boring. Had the same green fel theme since WoD, we just wanna get out of the legion world for the time being. RnG and the decrease in the skillgap could also be a reason for that.

My question to you, if blizzard could release the new expansion tomorrow, would you just straight skip legion or would you keep playing legion?
    I was very bored, unsubbed back in July. The AP farming was tedious AF.

The problem is that the patches are being split in two. Broken Shore and Argus both feel/felt like they were over before the raid even opened.

Deleted
    Its the first time I see people being so keen on learning more about the new expansion and whats on it.
    Really? I've been seeing this trend for several expansions. But I will agree it's been especially bad in Legion. People have always looked to the next content patch and wondered what will happen in that, even if a new patch was just released.

Legion is over though? Just the final raid tier is missing and it's only missing because Blizzard thought it's smart to separate content releases and raid releases in Legion. Legion ended pretty much with the release of 7.3.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Because people like to speculate on what's next and we all ready know how 7.3 goes and how legion ends from the ptr and data mining so speculation on the next expac is what usually happens around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    I was very bored, unsubbed back in July. The AP farming was tedious AF.
    a weird thing to say seeing as you dont have to AP farm at all, you get ap from literally all content
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    And yea people are bored. Don't get me wrong legion has been a great expac and alot better than wod even with its legendary rng and the AP grind from hell. But for me the only interesting thing was the death knight class quests. The story is far better than wod's though and the bits of old God stuff have been good like the nightmare but I've never been a fan of the legion as a big bad they always seemed to incompetent to be a threat really

Its the first time I see people being so keen on learning more about the new expansion and whats on it.
    Blizcon is like a week away? Is this your first expansion?

There really is nothing to see here. The expansion is getting old. Thats okay, its old. Lets enjoy the final raid and then go do cool new stuff. If they manage to release the new one in about 8 month or so, this legion will have been the only expansion that managed frequent content updates and no expansion gap. If the new expansion releases in about a year or two, this will have been one of the good expansions with a terrible ending, like wrath and mop.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    The problem is that the patches are being split in two. Broken Shore and Argus both feel/felt like they were over before the raid even opened.
    This
    /10chars

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea you managed to completely leave out Antorus which many are waiting for but that's the stupid time-gate problem right? Might as-well get hyped for the next expansion until we learn what it is cause handling a planet-killer god and his ilk in Antorus will never make sense to the average player-adventurer anyway. The taunting of it being in-game but inaccessible makes it difficult to look forward to, and people would rather speculate about the next expansion than get their hopes up about Antorus.

To answer your question, yea I think many would skip in order to play what everybody else is playing and talking about. Let alone it being new exciting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Yep, we can either have hard time-gates like this or artificial attunement time-gates it seems...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Why would they release a new xpac when there's still unreleased legion content? Makes no sense at all.

People who care about this kind of things already know what happens during and after the Antorus raid, so they want more info about what's coming next. I don't think they want to actually play that expansion already, we all know it's at least 10 months away

It's just the new expansion announcement hype

your premise is weird, Am i eager for a chapter of a book to be over just because i'm excited to see whats next? i'd think thats Exactly what i'd want. thats why i'm reading it fast. Do i not care about infinity war just because i want to see Infinity war 2? of course not.

I mean its literally what? 5 days until we find out. people are eager because its new information, a continuation of the story.

i'd say that Legion is so awesome people are eager to see whats next. Expansions are the largest content drop in the game. it doenst matter if there is a whole nother zone or raid , that a new expansion means 5+ new zones, possibly new races, new spells, new quests, new gear new things all around.

We are near the end of this book

And loving it is the entire reason i'm excited for the next volume.

you should learn to consider things in a positive light
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    First time?

Did you just start playing, or is this your first time paying attention? Every 2 years people start doing this since at least WotLK.

That's mainly it. Just want it to be over and pray for better game systems next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not bored over Legion - there is still quite a bit of speculation with what happens after Antorus. Even though we know WHAT happens we don't know a lot of the details or aftereffects.

Why does being interested in what comes next imply to you that we aren't excited about what is right in front of us? Let's say I was reading a book series and was coming up on the end of the book and knew that the next one was about to come out. For me I'm already thinking in the back of my mind what crazy adventures could be coming up in that book - but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy reading the ending of the current book.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted

Then you haven't been playing for long. People were always insanely hyped every 2nd BlizzCon for the next expansion announcement.

To be fair it felt like we've gotten two 'midgame' patches in a row, with their own little reps & grinds that become obsolete with the next patch. Not to mention that Argus feels largely the same as broken shore. Argus was disappointing for such a huge plot point in WoW history, as the actual content in it could be beaten in an hour, but I'll give them this -- at least unlike Tanaan or god forbid Battlefield Barrens it had structure and decent rewards that remain relevant.

I want to play more WoW but as a non-raider there's just nothing interesting left for me to do. M+ is tediously boring and PvP is the dictionary definition of stagnant; And I'd like to think that I'm not the only one in that same boat, who just doesn't give a damn about the raid but wants more WoW to look forward to. Or laugh at, if WoW devs continue to prove just how disconnected they are from their audience.

In any case; It's nothing new. We know there's either big changes in the works for WoW, or a massive failure to deliver on a need for them. And the anticipation is in a lot of ways more entertaining than the game itself.

I'm actually curious to see how the drop the next expac without giving away major spoilers. ANT isn't out yet, let alone cleared. I did check and MoP was annouced before DS was live in cata, but the stories didn't carry over from expac to the next like have from MoP to WoD to Legion to whatever's next.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22