Another "Which Trinket Is Better?" Thread! [Blood]

So I've been using an ilvl 905 version of Talisman of the Cragshaper. It gives 1,203 Versatility, and prevents 50% of incoming damage up to about 950,000 damage. The thing is, it's also Titanforged, so it also gives 541 Avoidance, and has a gem slot.

Then today I got a 915 ilvl Coagulated Nightwell Residue - it gives 1,248 mastery, and attacks have a chance to give a stacking energy charge (and it procs a lot); each charge shields you for about 208,000 damage, with a max shield of 2,080,000-ish damage. In terms of on-use damage absorb, this trinket is way, way better. But I'm not sure if losing the avoidance and the gem slot is worth it.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Versatiity is amuch better stat than master for Blood, but Nightwell residue gives a way better active.
    My advice is to get rid of both trinkets and aim for a haste/vers stat stick. In the meanwhile, I would stick with nightwell residue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Versatiity is amuch better stat than master for Blood, but Nightwell residue gives a way better active.
    My advice is to get rid of both trinkets and aim for a haste/vers stat stick. In the meanwhile, I would stick with nightwell residue.
    So the avoidance and gem slot aren't that huge? The reason I ask is because Icy Veins made it pretty clear that the relic bonus that gives 500 avoidance and mastery is way, way better than the other options because supposedly avoidance is a big deal for tanks in the next raid. But I really, really like the CNR's on use ability; 2 million absorb is really handy in tight spots.

Mastery is our 2nd worst defensive stat
    Avoidance is a 'nice to have' but only if you aren't missing haste or versa because of this.
    NCR gives a direct full-shield, yes. But the stacks can be to low when you really need the shield. And below/at 5 stacks it is equally to TotC, but TotC always gives the full absorb + you get your 2nd best defensive stat
    As Sugar said: get statsticks (haste>versa) for every fight that doesn't need additional CD's

OT: why do you say that TotC is Titanforged? This only indicates that it has a 15 or higher additional ilvl through luck. Avoidance/sockets are indepentend, they don't need TF
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-10-24 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So the avoidance and gem slot aren't that huge? The reason I ask is because Icy Veins made it pretty clear that the relic bonus that gives 500 avoidance and mastery is way, way better than the other options because supposedly avoidance is a big deal for tanks in the next raid. But I really, really like the CNR's on use ability; 2 million absorb is really handy in tight spots.
    What content do you primarily do? There's a big damage abilities in ToS that avoidance works to reduce, but if you really only do M+, the value of that avoidance is going to drop. Neither one of those trinkets are very good, though. Get a haste stick and try to pick up umbral moonglaives for M+

Quote Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
    try to pick up umbral moonglaives for M+
    How does it compare to TBN?

Quote Originally Posted by NehmTH View Post
    How does it compare to TBN?
    I don't have a TBN at a high ilvl, but even still I'd use moonglaives. The passive vers and on* use for pulling a huge pack is nice. The damage that trinket does is insane.