Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm more mad about the Acrid Catalyst Injector nerf. I was really looking forward to this trinket. Happy I no longer have to run Nighthold every week for a TF whispers...
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    I'm more mad about the Acrid Catalyst Injector nerf. I was really looking forward to this trinket. Happy I no longer have to run Nighthold every week for a TF whispers...
    I mean, it'll still be a good trinket... probably.

Deleted
    So, if we go with a second stat stick next to a 865 Crystal, would a 910 Padawsens be a good supplement? At 910 it has the following stats:

+2,264 Intellect
    +408 Critical Strike
    +408 Haste
    +408 Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    So, if we go with a second stat stick next to a 865 Crystal, would a 910 Padawsens be a good supplement? At 910 it has the following stats:

+2,264 Intellect
    +408 Critical Strike
    +408 Haste
    +408 Mastery
    sim it
    /chars

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post

+2,264 Intellect
    +408 Critical Strike
    +408 Haste
    +408 Mastery
    Keep in mind, though, that unlike Arcanocrystal, Padawsen's (and it's AGI/STR equivalent) is not overbudgeted. Arcanocrystal isn't as good as it is because it has all 3 secondaries, but because it has a lot more of them than the item budget would suggest. Padawsen's budget is exactly what one would suggest, i.e. you can add the 3 values and arrive at the same value you'd get from a single-stat stat stick of that item level.

Note, however, that this can go either way - it might make it better than a single-stat trinket, or it might make it worse. For Affliction Warlock in multi-target situations, for example, a pure Mastery stat stick is likely significantly better. On single target, a pure Haste stat stick may take the cake. Or not. The reason it's difficult to decide these things is that stats scale in non-linear ways, and their value is contingent on how much other stats you have. For that reason, a balanced stat stick like Padawsen's may very well be better in certain scenarios, or it could be worse, depending on your individual setup.

Either way, though, it'll be a lot worse than Arcanocrystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    sim it
    Trite, but not wrong. There's just so many possible permutations of trinkets and ilevels that you can't expect to follow a guide or eyeball the results. And thankfully there's addons like Simpermut that make running comparison sims easy.

My own simming had me replace a 910 Whispers with a 925 stat stick. Which was undoubtedly the Dev's exact goal. A 15 ilvl higher trinket of a good trinket type should be an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad its dead. Hate the trinket, though not quite as much as stat sticks.

Deleted
    My 935 whispers has more Intel baked in it than 940 TOS trinkets, I main Demo = haste, and the 4pc T20 gives 10% haste to counteract the proc debuff on demand and affli proc gives 10% haste to counteract the proc , and the proc now unlike before seems to be proccing quite often so.... nerfs? Where?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Oh look, 40% nerf for casters, 10% for melee

Basically this looks like "we know the current content trinkets are shit, so to make them stink less we're nerfing the old ones"

I had a titanforged 915 heroic whispers, and it went from 44% to 25% haste.

Of course, the devils due debuff stayed exactly where it was.
    Pretty sure that they nerfed CoF during the second (or third?) week of NH on almost all classes. CoF and WiTD shouldve seriously been last raid tier trinkets, they are waaaaaaay to strong compared to other shit (i mean its still bis for some classes).

Quote Originally Posted by Atsui View Post
    My 935 whispers has more Intel baked in it than 940 TOS trinkets, I main Demo = haste, and the 4pc T20 gives 10% haste to counteract the proc debuff on demand and affli proc gives 10% haste to counteract the proc , and the proc now unlike before seems to be proccing quite often so.... nerfs? Where?
    The proc is less powerful now, giving less haste than before. The static INT was increased as partial compensation, but it was meant as an overall nerf. Proc rates were unaffected. Everything else you listed has nothing to do with the nerf and was always the case. Whispers is not a bad trinket at all right now. It's still very good for many people. It's just that now high ilvl alternatives are actually better, rather than losing to a much lower ilvl piece from an old tier.

And yes, it has to be said that both CoF and WitD are unreasonably powerful for where they were in the tier, primarily because their procs have such static values (i.e. flat percentage for WitD and flat number of seconds for CoF). You can't just devolve into a mindless power creep when it comes to trinkets, or the slots will be too swingy later on in the expansion. Trinket slots are already dangerously impactful for many classes, exacerbating that is not a good idea.