Thread: RP on duskwood

10+ Year Old Account

Alliance RP on duskwood

I recently learned of the inky black potion and its effects so I had a worgen hunter around the level to quest on duskwood, I poped one in there and turn down the gama a little more, its effects on duskwood are marvelous, specially during hallows end, the lights from the carved pumpkins in darkshire shine brighter a long the town roads.

I began to read the quest text and every book that I found and since the town has a worgen infestation, I make sure to turn into a human before going to town so I don't upset the locals, walking with a torch in the dark forest so I could see where I was going and sending my trusty maistiff to search for stealhty feral worgen waiting in ambush.
    walking with my horse a long the varely lighted roads while the creppy piano music played in the background.

I could go on...I spent 6 six hours just questing and inmersing myself, what a great experience; I have 4 max level characters at end game but I sometimes forget that there are more ways to have fun in this game.

Do you like duskwood?
    Have you tried rolepalying by yourself or with friends by questing and following the zone story?
    If so, please share, I would love to do this with more zones that you guys think are very good.

I always love walking through Grizzly Hills, I would consider it one of the more aesthetically beautiful places in all of WoW.

Too bad there isn't any RP there what what I've seen, which is strange considering how there are actually humans (and worgen thanks to the Wolfcult) native to the Grizzly Hills in lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Once my worgen is leveled enough Im gonna do the same on grizzly hills.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked duskwood too. But for roleplaying in general, i'm not sure.. German RP servers seem to have strict rules. Seems hard to do RP the correct way and don't offend other role-players if you do something wrong. Sometimes they will ignore you forever, at least i heard that from some players.

But in general i find it interesting. Sounds quite relaxing the way you've done it. Do you play your toon on a RP server? I would love to RP in Vashj'ir or Winterspring, because that are two of my favorite zones. Or Tirisfal.. quite the same atmosphere like duskwood.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Niovi
    No, I play on PVE realm but I plan to start a character in a RP server once Im done with all class campaigns.
    I highly suggest you play a zone this way, its really relaxing, Just follow some simple rules.

1-your role is of an adventurer, what kind of adventurer is up to you of course.

2-Have a transmog that makes you look like your class or race but try to not look too overpowered unless that's the kind of adventurer you want to be, I higly suggest powerful but not overpowered adventurer.

3-Use a inky black potion for dark zones, its amazing

4-Don't queue for dungeon finder while questing unless you are done or a specific quest calls for it.

5-If you're doing this with a friend, have him follow the same rules and only talk ingame using /s and of course you may want to talk about what you are doing in the zone.

6-If a quest lends you a book, read it. You will be surprised of some cool lore stuff on books.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Once Im done with my current goals I will create a character in a RP realm and ask if some guys want to do this with me, using only quest gear and gear crafted with own proffesions.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Inky black potion in Netherstorm really made the mood different, Kirin'var village especially.

Okay, you see Argus in the sky which is odd, but other then that, the color scheme is amazing.

Recently, leveled there from like 67 to over 71, read all the quest text too, really got new insight into ethereals/void despite it being 10 year old lore, it made extra sense since the argus patch + audio novels.

Argus ethereals (Shadowguard) behave similar to the Ethereum, trapping creatures/races in bubbles, and who knows where they sent them off, I do hope we visit their prison planet(s) one day.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-28 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand blizzard decission on making nights not to dark but man, little things like these make a huge change on the mood, things like rain and tree moving to the sound of the wind, when I played the witcher 3 I spent several minutes just looking while walking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Had the same experience with Witcher 3 and loved it. I will definitely buy some of these Potions with next Darkmoon faire. Are they tradeable so i can put them in my Guildbank or send them to new toons in the future?

Just need to consider as which race and class i want to do it. Forsaken seems interesting. Do you also walk slow in towns and on streets? And speak to and with the local NPCs and quest givers?

I've always liked reading quest-texts, enjoying zones, reading books, mogging even my level alts to fit their class or character, but not in an 'RP way' like you or other role-players do.. and also done many RP no-go things like riding big dragons, using hearthstone etc.

But anyway, thanks for sharing your experience. Its a nice idea and i like to give it a try in the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Are they tradeable so i can put them in my Guildbank or send them to new toons in the future?
    Yes they are and you even sell them on the AH.

Do you also walk slow in towns and on streets? And speak to and with the local NPCs and quest givers?
    I only walk on Inns and inside buildings, and I only talk with quest givers and some of the vendors.

One cool thing I forgot to mention is that you can learn cooking so you can put the camping fire while you go afk for maximum RP

Definitely will have to look into buying some of those inky black potions. Might make my strolls through Elywnn a lot more immersive.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I use the inky potion all the time, I stacked up on them last DMF and now I just pop one whenever, honestly the game looks 10 times better with it. Gives off a completely different vibe and the lighting in places looks amazing.

Doesn't work during Legion Invasions though as that changes the skybox. I also noticed that Argus pops up whenever you use the Inky potion, so you can even see it as a low level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Definitely will have to look into buying some of those inky black potions. Might make my strolls through Elywnn a lot more immersive.
    Don't make the mistake that my friend did, just wait for Darkmoon to come up and then buy them from the vendor by the beach, my idiot friend bought them for like 10g each on the AH and basically got bamboozled, lol.

I believe they cost 3g 33s 33c or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we need a ''rain potion'' and we are freaking set.

Sadly, every time you go to Argus it cancels your inky black potion effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    Sadly, every time you go to Argus it cancels your inky black potion effect
    With how cheap they are, this really doesn't bother me. If it was craft-able it'd be another story tho...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Duskwood has always been my favorite zone because of how immersive it is, but I never tried it with the potion, so I will have to do that next time I am working on a character. I am looking forward to this kind of thing when the level scaling is introduced and I can take my time and enjoy a zone without being hurried to the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Duskwood has always been my favorite zone because of how immersive it is, but I never tried it with the potion, so I will have to do that next time I am working on a character. I am looking forward to this kind of thing when the level scaling is introduced and I can take my time and enjoy a zone without being hurried to the next one.
    I suggest turning down the gama notch too, it will require a torch in the forest but I looks amazing.