• Assassination

1 0.55%
  • Marksmanship

7 3.87%
  • Beast Mastery

5 2.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wouldn't exactly call Shadow "Hard"... just INCREDIBLY gear dependant, lacking or having the wrong stats severely diminishes its DPS.

LoTV Shadow isn't very hard.
    Resident BM Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Chizitzz View Post
    I haven’t played since 7.1. If feral is easier now... is it fun??
    for me it's way more fun.

the previous iteration was just a chore to play, it feels much more fluid now.

but of course it's subjective, I'm sure some people loved the previous one more.

my top 3 hard specs in no particular order

sub rogue
    ww monk
    fire mage

Deleted
    Id say survival hunters,ww monks and sub rogue , and i gues spriest if you use surrender to madness(gues it still used on quik farm bosses no?)

Survival hunter. Tons of cooldowns and buffs to manage for the sweet sweet reward of being middle of the pack dps wise (if you're really good at it)

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Feral was made substantially easier in the ICC patch, actually, when they increased the length of the Mangle debuff from 12 seconds to a full minute.
    That didn't change anything for Ferals who weren't Manglebots and Mangle wasn't even scratching the surface as for why Feral was hard so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest...? Literally what?

MM Hunter is the hardest spec I play currently. Way harder than LotV SP.

I don't think most of the people that participated in the poll have played legion outside of the first month or even bother to read patch notes. The game has changed since then. Feral is easy now. None of the rogue specs are that difficult and it's easy to pull off decent damage.

Survival Hunter without a doubt.

Lots of uptimes and timings to keep track of, some with tight timers, and also small intervals to take advantage of 6 mongoose stacks, ground abilities, and extremely punishing if you mess up any of the requirements, since you won't have another burst interval for a huge timer (45 secs or so). You're also very dependent on RNG blessing you with a burst segment at the same time as dps boosts, vulnerable phases or add burst, since you can't really accelerate or delay your build up. It also is frustrating since it can't compete with vastly easier specs, which just feels off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Shadow priest...? Literally what?

MM Hunter is the hardest spec I play currently. Way harder than LotV SP.
    There is way more to shadowpriest than there is to MM in any regard
    Optimizing Shadow is probably the hardest still - regardless of S2M or not
    Talking about min maxing here tho - to just play any class in a raid isnt really hard if you know how to press your buttons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Hardest raid spec: Affliction lock
    You have to be sarcastic.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2017-10-31 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turina View Post
    Regardless of the current state - Feral has consistently been the hardest class to master, while becoming progressively easier to pick up over xpacks. Shadow is slightly harder across all skill levels and has had multiple peaks where it was as hard or harder to master than Feral at times, like right now. If you stick to either you're statistically likely to play it as a spec that's considered hard in the future.

Feral carries a lot of weight and can be frequently overrated because of how stupidly high the bar was in late Icecrown and that set the tone for what's been a very long time. There was an easy rotation which was already harder than every spec, and a hard rotation that very few people managed to pull at the time. Like less than 10 players if I remember correctly.

As of right now, Survival is one of the new challengers, remains to be seen how it'll change over xpacks.
    Not once have I been in a raid or mythic with a feral druid that wasn't number one in DPS by a large margin.

Of the nine 110s that I have, survival is by far the most difficult to play.

Shadow isn't the hardest spec to play, but it's possibly the hardest spec to get invited as into a m+ pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    There is way more to shadowpriest than there is to MM in any regard
    Optimizing Shadow is probably the hardest still - regardless of S2M or not
    Talking about min maxing here tho - to just play any class in a raid isnt really hard if you know how to press your buttons

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be sarcastic.
    You're trolling I can tell by your signature.
    Last edited by rootbeerboy; 2017-11-01 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Shadow isn't the hardest spec to play, but it's possibly the hardest spec to get invited as into a m+ pug.
    yeh i think thats why people are voting spriest, it's not hard in dungeon it's CRAP.

total number of spriests in the MDI? zero, literally no-one took it because it's crap, you mass pull like 40 mobs in EoA +17, hunters/dk/dh/warr etc can do 20-30million dps, wtf is an spriest doing? literally nothing it's "ramping up" or "getting carried" lol.

so basically it's hard because it can't aoe at all.

It's easy to play every spec ok, but probably very difficult to play some specs well.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Not once have I been in a raid or mythic with a feral druid that wasn't number one in DPS by a large margin.
    You've been raiding with some bad players.

The voting data and the discussion is corrupted by the ambiguity of OPs question. What does "hardest to play" mean, and why are the two settings "raids" and "dungeons" not separated?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    The voting data and the discussion is corrupted by the ambiguity of OPs question. What does "hardest to play" mean, and why are the two settings "raids" and "dungeons" not separated?
    i just thought this, from what results im seeing the hardest are

survival/feral/spriest.

3 specs that don't exist in dungeon not at a competitive level.

MM/BM completely destroys survival on aoe so survival isn't a thing.
    boomkin completely obliterates feral on aoe so feral isn't a thing.
    and spriest has no aoe so isn't a thing.

this is strictly difficult dungeons like 17-23 btw, you can do +15's with any specs but being survival/feral is a dps loss over an equally geared&skilled mm/bm/boomkin.

raids i think even gul'dan world first had a survival hunter and it did good dps so thats totally different from dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanically?

Demonology Warlock or Survival Hunter probably. Lots of button bloat and unfulfilling rotation combined with forced ramp-up and boring cooldowns. Before the Implosion nerf you could play Demo relatively successfully, but you have to try to play successfully now. Survival was the similar with Caltrop before nerf.

Ontop of being more difficult to play, they are inferior viability to the other available specs. There's just no reason to play them when the other specs are easier and more useful.

Successfully?

Spriest probably. It's a very shitty boring spec that needs to ramp up and has very strict secondary stat requirements. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about spriest in Legion. Its rotation so is painfully easy and unengaging that no matter how well you play it, without precise gear you won't do well.

Using BiS trinket combos is not an excuse to say Spriest is viable. It just means the trinkets are too strong.

Remember to ignore Druid mains. They like to complain any time their spec isn't top4 even though they have by far the most utility of any class/spec.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.