Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    you still have like a 10 sec rez timer anyways so as long as it didnt impact that timer it wouldnt punish them so much

As predicted by many people, res as a standard ability looks like it has to be nerfed to the point of uselessness for it not to be overpowered. The real casualty here is Mercy's identity and overall playstyle. Her signature ability, probably the most iconic ult in the game, is now a shadow of its former self, and instead she has an incredibly generic power up state that just lets her do everything she normally does, but a bit better.

I've been on board with most of the tweaks and reworks characters in Overwatch have gotten, but Mercy is just a complete trainwreck at the moment. In order to try and solve some niche gameplay issues at the competitive level they completely broke the character to the point where she feels like an ongoing beta iteration, leaving her completely unbalanced with significant changes to her playstyle being pushed live every few weeks. I'd at least be okay with it if they had some awesome new direction they were taking Mercy in that added something fresh and unique to the game, but right now everything unique about her seems to be getting steadily watered down and her gameplay is suffering as a result.

The smart move would be to revert her to her previous iteration and try tweaking her resurrection ultimate in a different way, but instead they're doubling down on the new design to the point where it'll probably be months before Mercy is in a good place again both balance and gameplay-wise, and what we wind up with in the end is unlikely to be the Mercy everyone knows and loves.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Well the problem with Mercy IS that she can swoop down and rez people in the middle of combat like some sort of God. That is what makes her too OP. The point of this change is to force her to pick her moments. Now she won't be able to jump in the middle of a fire fight to use her OP ability. She'll have to use it more strategically.
    She can't swoop down unless she's ulting, and she's still not safe doing so.

And that's completely ignoring that my post was addressing how ridiculous it would be to have it up to 3s.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this change, but I knew better than to think Blizzard could be competent in balancing it out, instead we get the usual from one end of the spectrum to the other with no in between happening at all.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I wouldn't say we're going to the opposite end of the spectrum yet...they're still testing, that's why it's on the PTR. They're probably going somewhere in the middle between 1.75 seconds and the current 0 second cast time. There is also the possibility of removing the slowing down while casting, so let's wait and see.
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I wouldn't say we're going to the opposite end of the spectrum yet...they're still testing, that's why it's on the PTR. They're probably going somewhere in the middle between 1.75 seconds and the current 0 second cast time. There is also the possibility of removing the slowing down while casting, so let's wait and see.
    The track record for that kind of iteration is basically non-existent, always has been. I admire your optimism, but we all know it's delusional to think that's the case.

Can't say I'm surprised. Mercy's pickrate has been out of control pretty much everywhere.

I don't like these beta changes, but I can see why they'd want keep messing with it. I really like how Mercy plays but I really don't want a 1.75 cast time with a slow. I think that is too much.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.