Poll: What do you think, you up for a gaming Phone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Razer phone has better specs than a Galaxy S8, argued one of the best phones from 2017 and it's cheaper, too.
    That came out in April of 2017 which means to have the amount of time to produce the number needed for launch specs were finalized what 6 months prior? So it's a little better than last years technology and costs $50 less?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    That came out in April of 2017 which means to have the amount of time to produce the number needed for launch specs were finalized what 6 months prior? So it's a little better than last years technology and costs $50 less?
    You can compare it to any phone that recently came out as a flagship and it still holds its own. Its late in the year, yes. But, it iis still a relatively good phone. Compare it to the Galaxy Note 8 if you would prefer. You lose the S pen and get the stereo speakers, 120hz screen and bigger battery. That came out much more recently. and its $950. So $250 more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    - You can get a regular S8 in the $500-$600 range these days, and an S8+ for $700-$750. This phone is not cheaper.
    - I don't see how the dual speakers matter in the use case/target demographic of this phone. If you're using a phone as a gaming platform, chances are very high that you are travelling/out in public (if you were at home you'd be using a console or PC), etc. and will want to use headphones anyway. The lack of headphone jack is actually detrimental to that (which the S8 has).
    - 120 Hz is only going to matter if the mobile game developers actually build the software to support/take advantage of it. It's unlikely to see widespread adoption at the market share this phone will get - the larger players would have to start making 120 Hz phones for that to happen.
    - There isn't much evidence to suggest greater than 4 GB of RAM helps that much. For example, the Note 8 (6 GB) and S8 (4 GB) have the same CPU and perform about the same.
    - We need to see battery testing to determine how this plays out. Raw MaH numbers are useless. As an example, my Note 8 (3300 MaH) gives me significantly better battery life than my old S7 Edge (3600 MaH) did. Having double the refresh rate will also significantly increase battery usage, so it might need that 4000 MaH just to break even.
    - Quickcharge 2.0 to 4.0 is literally less than a 10 minute difference in overall charging time. Plus, the S8 has wireless charging and the Razer doesn't. I will never buy another phone without wireless charge again.

And, this doesn't even take into account the extra stuff the S8 has like a much better looking bezel free design, significantly better screen quality, waterproofing, a camera that isn't trash, etc. Hands down, the S8 is the superior phone.
    I don't think I ever said the Razer phone was better than the S8. I use boost mobile and I can't use an unlocked Galaxy S8 with them so I had to spend the $800 for my phone because that is my only real option where I live. I just think the Razer is comparative to it. I'm not a fanboy for razer. I don't own any of their products anymore because I think Logitech has better quality and customer support. And I hate green. So Im not going to keep up an argument. I just dont think the Razer phone is complete trash.

I'd rather buy this than any other overpriced phone, but I'm still not willing to spend that much on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...210038902.html

Razer Smartphone Yes or NO! I love my Iphone 7 Plus, the size still taking getting used to and I am tempted to get the Iphone X but I think I am good for a long while Unless I just want something smaller.

Gaming isn't really my thing, and outside of Iphone I might be interested or might have been interested in Microsoft Phones I am curious about Google Pixel but haven't seen to many people with it.

My only complaint really about my Iphone is the fucking battery life, and the 8 has me concerned about this Exploding battery bullshit.

What do you think, you up for a gaming Phone?

I am not a gamer so I am really curious what those who are might go for on this.
    Fuck no! Paying more than $200 for a phone is a waste of cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Furries unite, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I think phone "gaming" needs to die and it needs to die so painfully and spectacularly that no one ever tries it again.
    ^^^ This a billion times. Thank you for saying this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Furries unite, eh?
    Yes it’s a conspiracy against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Not green enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know man...Razer is NO WHERE near big enough, financially and physically to compete with big damn cell phone producers. If this does come about, I don't think this will be near what people expect. I can't see a real market for a phone like this. It sounds like it will be overpriced and overrated, kind of like the most popular phone out right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Well, it's better than a fucking "gaming" mug, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Yes it’s a conspiracy against you.
    I knew it!
    *puts on thin foil hat*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Well, it's better than a fucking "gaming" mug, that's for sure.
    To be fair that was a joke. You can't buy that mug in retail..

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Not actually how the internet works, but ok.
    I was gonna let it go, but I'm bored and drunk and like arguing with really super smart genius tier people. How does the internet actually work? How does a company that handles 4 billion searches a day not understand how server stress works? Not only that, but how does said company magically not be capable of sending mass stress (if they felt like breaking the law) to each and every website they choose?
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2017-11-04 at 04:28 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

120hz refresh rate, that's killer! It'll give "gamers" advantage while playing farmville, and other convenience will boost their touch-per-minute.

Also, why doesn't it have LED? I mean surely people will jack off to it, just as they jack off to their ultra-gamer-cases-with-LEDs.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-04 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I was gonna let it go, but I'm bored and drunk and like arguing with really super smart genius tier people. How does the internet actually work? How does a company that handles 4 billion searches a day not understand how server stress works? Not only that, but how does said company magically not be capable of sending mass stress (if they felt like breaking the law) to each and every website they choose?
    Google controls their own search results and DNS. They don't host the websites.

If I want to go to WoWhead, and Google has decided to hate them and not serve their site, I just use IE, change my DNS from 8.8.8.8 back to the default for my ISP, and type www.wowhead.com in the address bar instead of typing wowhead into the chrome smart address bar.

And Google could, but wouldn't, DDoS somebody. It's a felony to do so, and Google would be crazy to risk damaging their brand in such a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Google controls their own search results and DNS. They don't host the websites.

If I want to go to WoWhead, and Google has decided to hate them and not serve their site, I just use IE, change my DNS from 8.8.8.8 back to the default for my ISP, and type www.wowhead.com in the address bar instead of typing wowhead into the chrome smart address bar.

And Google could, but wouldn't, DDoS somebody. It's a felony to do so, and Google would be crazy to risk damaging their brand in such a way.
    Nobody ever said they host websites? I also never said they would go evil anytime soon. Your reading comprehension is not very good.

I said they have the power to ddos anyone and everyone they want at the same time. This is a fact and you trying to argue it would be stupid.

Please read better before responding next time.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

no thanks the headsets and mouses they make are allready shit.. why would anyone use a phone for them that will have even more problems...

razer was never any good expect for poeple who like glowing stuff.. but even then you can get better stuff somewhere else.

had a razer headset for around 200€ biggest pile of crap ever .

sticking to logitech since then , never had any problems there

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Nobody ever said they host websites? I also never said they would go evil anytime soon. Your reading comprehension is not very good.

I said they have the power to ddos anyone and everyone they want at the same time. This is a fact and you trying to argue it would be stupid.

Please read better before responding next time.
    Didn't realize you were talking about DDoS initially. I thought you were talking about blocking website requests and search results entirely (as in, what they serve to Google Search and Google DNS users). My mistake.

That said, any script kiddie with enough spare time and a big enough botnet could do the same thing, and be harder to track while doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile gaming!?

Not touching any of that shit.