View Poll Results: Should Mel Gibson be forgiven? Especially Hollywood!

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

1 25.00%
  • No.

3 75.00%
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Mel Gibson be forgiven? Especially by Hollywood!

Hear me out here first, I personally don't think he has done anything for which he needs to apologise, HOWEVER, I do believe Mel Gibson is a piece of shit!

That being said, I do have a bit of a problem with this attitude that just because of something someone does, or whoever people perceive them out to be, that they in some way OWE other fucking people, when it comes to the general public's feelings about them.

However the question for the Poll is regardless to recent events, do you think Mel Gibson as it sits should be penalized or shunned. Keep in mind I am asking about your personal opinion, I sure as shit personally don't feel anybody has to have ever given him a chance in the first place, much less now.

And in terms of forgive and forget, I am more inclined on the forgive because I believe everyone should be forgiven if they are sincerely sorry and know what they are apologizing for.

My personal opinion is the Mel Gibson is a Piece of SHIT, sure he was caught in a private conversation recorded having a meltdown, but I don't buy for a second that or his behavior when he was drunk and arrested are some kind of a symptom of anything other than the fact he is a piece of shit. I really don't much care about the actions of his wife or what stress he was particularly going through, the shit he said and done doesn't warrant forgetting. As for forgiveness, I don't think that should be up to anybody other than those he has harmed and GOD.

As far as his movie career and acting and work going forward, outside of a couple of films I wasn't much of a Fan of Mel Gibson, and his personal problems and who he is has never been a factor. So going forward, I still don't feel anything personal about it.

I do however have a problem with this idea that because of who people think others ought to be good bad or indifferent that anybody is obligated to live up to that.

But what do you think?

Follow Up: Do you think actors actors or entertainers like anyone else OWES the public anything because of a perceptions people have?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-02 at 06:07 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Keep your anti Semitic thoughts to yourself please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgiven for what?

And why should he or anyone else care about strangers' forgiveness?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Forgiven for what?

And why should he or anyone else care about strangers' forgiveness?
    I said NO, but that is because I don't think there is anything he has done he needs to be forgiven for by me. However certain communities, his peers in Hollywood more importantly his Ex Wife I assume.

I never watched his films or gave him much of a thought in the past so going forward the only thing, I would consider in the future is who he is, and Nah, I will personally pass on supporting anything he does.

He doesn't owe me an apology, but he is a pretty shitty human being.

What'd he do? Statements about whether or not someone should be forgiven or whatever but no mention of what was done?

I will probably always think he is a crazy arsehole but if he makes a good movie i will probably watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    What'd he do? Statements about whether or not someone should be forgiven or whatever but no mention of what was done?
    A while back he went on a giant anti-semitic tirade swearing heavily about "the jews."

If he's changed his views and is sorry, I'd say he deserves to be forgiven.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    A while back he went on a giant anti-semitic tirade swearing heavily about "the jews."
    How has he changed his views, and why?

Again he didn't do anything to me or you, but why would he deserve to be forgiven anymore than anybody should have ever expected anything else?

If he never deserves forgiveness, why not just throw him in jail? Kill him?

Obviously what he did was wrong, but I wonder just how others would react in his exact situation?

They should be asking him to forgive them the way things are going. Anyway he is already back in the game. Hacksaw ridge was awesome. Daddys home 2 coming up.

No, the celebrity doesn't owe the public anything. Mel Gibson said some messed up stuff. But we've all done it, and more than likely have done so in private. If I remember right, he also said that in private and so it was none of our business to be a part of it.

Now if he realized what he said was wrong, and wants to apologize, he can do that on his own without public pressure. This goes for any celebrity that says something that gets taken wrong. They don't owe anyone an apology just because one or a few people took it wrong.

I'd also like to add that someone's perception (or feelings) of someone else is entirely their problem. They have the option of not feeling how they feel about a celebrity, but they choose to feel a certain way. That came out garbled, but you get the point.
    Last edited by pionock; 2017-11-02 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Tirade about the harvey weinsteins of hollywood u mean

Hollywood is a cesspool of greed n pervs

Hollywood should apologize to mel gibson

Every single person on earth had a a piece of crap side to them if you theoretically let them speak 100% what they really think. You will, in some way, find they are a piece of crap

The people that act like they aren't, are flat out lying hypocrites.

This trend of crucifying famous people for not being perfect is flat out ridiculous.

People screw up, say stupid crap, that's life. The real question is should we forgive those who are too judgemental and lack compassion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If he never deserves forgiveness, why not just throw him in jail? Kill him?

Obviously what he did was wrong, but I wonder just how others would react in his exact situation?
    What do you mean which exact situation?

Do you mean being Drunk? Because personally, I think his rights were kind of violated in that exchange, I mean of course he was an idiot and a racist piece of shit, but so what, I mean outside of him breaking the law why is that any concern unless of the public.

I mean it did get out, but the truth is I don't think Mel Gibson is alone in his views, and he has never run for political office that I know of.

If you mean with his Ex Wife whom he threatened to beat the shit out of and kill, and told he hoped she got raped by pack of N#*ers along with a bunch of other misogynistic crap.

I would say honestly, I do agree that it's convenient that she started and stopped the tape when she was acting as an angel and he was behaving like a mad man, not that it is anyone else's business but the authorities.

But, I don't think he morphed into the guy on that recording over night, she slept with and engaged with this asshole, that isn't to say she deserved it at all, but it is very likely there is more to the story than what we heard.

But it is up to HER, her kids, and his family to forgive, him for that not anybody else.

As far as Hollywood and what not I say again those being his peers, I get that they might not forgive him, and I am not going to say I think they should, but again it comes down to what exactly that means.

As far as the Public again I wasn't involved neither were most, Sure people knew things about him they didn't but SO WHAT, how much shit do most people NOT know about most people in Hollywood.

And Do we need to, I mean sure if it comes out someone is a Mel Gibson sure it will effect how I would go see their work, but I AM NOT OWED an apology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Tirade about the harvey weinsteins of hollywood u mean

Hollywood is a cesspool of greed n pervs

Hollywood should apologize to mel gibson
    HAHA horseshit what goes on in Hollywood is a microcosm of what happens everywhere else. Hollywood isn't filled with anymore pervs, racist or greedy Piece of Shit, than anywhere else. They simply have the distinction of everybody reporting about it to everyone.

This poll is more suited for GenOT, whereas this subforum is more about discussing actual pieces of media. Closing.