MM Hunter question

Hello guys,

I have a question about Vulnerable effect for Aimed Shots. So, if I cast an Aimed Shot while I still have Vulnerable buff, but it expires before I finished my cast, do I still get benefit of Vulnerable or not?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    No you will not.

Additionally, I believe that if you cast it and vuln wears off while your aimed is in mid-air then that also won't get it applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbernator View Post
    No you will not.

Additionally, I believe that if you cast it and vuln wears off while your aimed is in mid-air then that also won't get it applied.
    Shit really? That's aids.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Shit really? That's aids.
    Yeah. You have to land the hit into the vulnerable window.

That's not true, and it's easily test able. Take Lock and Load, get a proc, and fire a marked shot. Then stand max distance and fire an instant aimed .1 seconds before the debuff falls off - it'll land after the debuff goes off, and it'll hit as if it was there. Unless it's changed since it was tested last tier, you absolutely do NOT have to "land" inside the vuln window.

The aimed shot checks for Vulnerable on the target at the end of the cast, not the start of the cast. But this does mean that if Vulnerable wears off while the projectile is travelling, that aimed shot will still get the benefit of the vulnerable at the value when the cast ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah. You have to land the hit into the vulnerable window.
    This is incorrect. Aimed shots check whether vulnerable is up at the end of the aimed shot cast time, not upon impact. If it operated like that, we'd have nonsense like hunter's having to judge their optimal distance from the target for various cast times, which would be phenomenally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerCroe View Post
    This is incorrect. Aimed shots check whether vulnerable is up at the end of the aimed shot cast time, not upon impact. If it operated like that, we'd have nonsense like hunter's having to judge their optimal distance from the target for various cast times, which would be phenomenally stupid.
    My bad, meant to say cast, not hit lol

Either way, it has to be cast before vulnerable expires.